Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club

Go down 
+5
Chag
Martin
Zvel-Haj
Jack
Chrispy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy

Chrispy

ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club Empty
PostSubject: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Coaches,

Welcome to the official thread for Ick Bowl happenings. So far we have the NIBL division prepared, with over 18 coaches. The SIBL is getting their coaches of renown prepared as well. Excitement and anticipation is building in the fans as players gather at their nearest pitches. It's time for BLOOD BOWL.

For the uninitiated, Ick Bowl, proudly presented by the Inner Circle Gaming Club, is a three month long league pitting the best teams from the Baltimore MD area. There are currently two divisions, The Northern Ick Bowl League blitzing at the GW Battle Bunker in Glen Burnie and the Southern Ick Bowl League bashing it out at Games & Stuff found in historic downtown Glen Burnie MD. At the end of the league the best of both divisions will meet to claim victory under Papa Nugle's watchful eye. The losers? May they rot!!

This thread is for any questions or queries that any coach may have for the Comissioner, as well as a place for me to post any ruling changes. Finally, look here for up-to-date team rankings. If you have further questions, please e-mail me at CommissionerBloodBowl(at)gmail(dot)com.

Praise Nuffle, Nurgle, and the gods of Blood Bowl. Now, go forth and BREAK SOME LEGS.

Chrispy
Ick Bowl Commissioner
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Ahem.

This Saturday, several of us will be gathering for some last minute pre-season Blood Bowl. For those of you still unschooled in the ways of Blood Bowl, I will be happy to teach.

This should be at the Bunker, starting Noon-ish, and lasting until we feel like going home.

Jack
Head Coach of da Green Machine.
Back to top Go down
Zvel-Haj

Zvel-Haj

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 am

On the spreadsheet, all the extras at the bottom have a set cost except re-rolls. We are using the standard 50,000 for re-rolls, right?

Thanks,
Dustin, Head Coach of the Dal'yth Tauboys
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 am

Should be Race-dependant, check the LRB. I know Skaven pay 60 large for the privilege.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:50 am

Yes, that's right. I just wanted to remind everyone that the roster I sent you has some pretty whiz-bang excel feature. For instance, it should be figuring out the treasury for you, so you don't have to plug it in on the first page. Extra gold after team creation goes into the red-highlighted box on the second page. I knew I should have sent instructions with the roster.
Back to top Go down
Chag

Chag

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:46 am

YO CHRISPY SAUCE! i gots my skaven built and primed, teach me how to play yo dawg =D
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:45 am

Yo Frenchy! Come to the bunker TODAY and I'll teach you how to play!
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Hey, Chrispy...

Do you have any thoughts about the IGMEOY? After all the fouling by the ogres today, I think it might be a reasonable addition to the rules.

-Jack.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I like the idea behind IGMEOY, but I think that it's quite a complicated procedure. If fouling becomes too much of an issue, we could institute that rule before the Regular Season starts. Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I take it you took some Ogre boots while on the ground? Wink
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:31 pm

My orks survived a full half unscathed. However, the morbid fascination Scooter had with fouling gave me pause. The IGMEOY really isn't so complicated as all that. You just need a token to pass back and forth. I like that it makes fouling wars a matter of agreement between the two players. Then again, since they toned down fouling assists, it may no longer be an issue.

Also, for Monday meetings, I'm guessing the challenges are going to be a bit chaotic. I was thinking we could draw numbers at the beginning of the meeting. Whoever draws number one gets the option of first challenge against anyone present, who then accepts, refuses, or asks for a substitute [again of those present.] We could then continue until everyone is paired up.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:59 am

Considering this is the first League and there are alot new players to Blood Bowl. Lets just stick to the rules that are in the Living Rulebook. That way if there is a question about the rules you only need to turn to one piece of information. Or as some of us like to call it the kiss method.

Later,
GZ
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:13 am

So, I decided to reread the rulebook last night, because I'm like that. A few of the minor rules calls I've made recently have been in error, but I don't think anyone will have noticed. There are a couple things to mention, though.

1.) If a game is tied at the end of the second half, sudden death overtime takes place if both players agree. Presumably it will be mandatory in the tournament. Possession is determined as at the beginning of the game.

2.) Beyond fouling and secret weapons, there is nothing about cheating in the rules. I did not see any generic "cheat all you want" provision.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:46 am

Considering this is the first League and there are alot new players to Blood Bowl. Lets just stick to the rules that are in the Living Rulebook. That way if there is a question about the rules you only need to turn to one piece of information. Or as some of us like to call it the kiss method.

agree GZealot I'm a gona kill yaa with my ogree's
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:07 am

Just to clarify rule 8 of the League Rules from the Ick Bowl document that I have sent out, I included that in case we were to want to later use rules from Blood Bowl magazine later. For now, read that as "No cheating."

Scooter, hows about getting that forum and webpage for NIBL?
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Gotta be somewhat careful to specify what you mean by cheating..

Bloodbowl is something of a game within a game, stuff like fouling is said to be against the rules of the sport, but it's not against the rules of the game.. since there's rules for it..

Personally I consider fouling to be fair game though I rarely if ever use it myself, as a tactic it has a pretty big downside (1/6 chance of being sent off for the rest of the game, you still have to break armor and make an injury roll).

Speed teams are going to be scoring in 2, maybe even 1 turn, and that's going to suck for people too. Especially if the only way to counter it is to keep guys on the ground..

Presumably in preseason we're not counting any lasting injuries or deaths?
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Actually, no, we will be carrying the team development through the entire 11 week league and into the finals as well.

Speed teams have the distinct advantage of quick development due to their high SPPs through scoring TDs. Keeping their players alive, though, is part of the challenge.

Fouling is an acceptable rule, and the way to combat it is to keep their extra players engaged so they may not afford to assist. If they're fouling, then they're not scoring, they're not winning.

I haven't played any live leagues yet, but from the online ones available (FUMBBL and Cyanide's game) I find that the rules in LRB5.0 are suitable for running a balanced league.
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Can't wait to see my Orcs crush some skulls.

(This is Kevin, the really tall guy from Saturday).
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Sorry, who was saying fouling shouldn't be allowed?
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:11 pm

I'm pretty sure there was some confusion between 'fouling' (ie the act of punching a down player) and 'cheating' (ie actually doing something against the rules of Bloodbowl itself). Cheating is bad, fouling is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Fouling is problematic [and more than a little mean-spirited/counter-productive at times], but is certainly within the rules.

What I don't want is to have to watch my opponent like a hawk to ensure that he's remembering negative skills, getting player stats right, etc. throughout the whole league. That will get tiresome quickly. [I know this will happen by accident, I'm talking about coaches intentionally misleading their opponents because they think cheating is condoned.]
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 pm

I agree with Jack if a player is caught purposely forgetting a negative rule then something should be done. I myself would not dare pass out a punishment for such a crime that is for the commissioner to decide. lol
Back to top Go down
Chag

Chag

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Arghhhhh. Skaven are so hard to play!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Chag wrote:
Arghhhhh. Skaven are so hard to play!!!!

Try not to get hit.
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:57 pm

I had fun playing skaven versus undead. Sure most of my guys were dead, but some of those rats are fast and they never look back on the way to the goal line.

Fouling can get out of hand, but to be honest it is in the rules, and it has drawbacks (like said earlier), next thing people will say bringing a chainsaw on the pitch is illegal or something.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 am

i beat jesse hahahaha i suck and you lost muhaaaaaa i am a ogree lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club   ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club Empty

Back to top Go down

ICK BOWL LEAGUE - Sponsored by the Inner Circle Gaming Club
Page 1 of 1