Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkInner circle club house Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Inner circle club house EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Inner circle club house EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Inner circle club house EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Inner circle club house EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Inner circle club house EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Inner circle club house EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Inner circle club house EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Inner circle club house EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Inner circle club house EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Inner circle club house

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

Inner circle club house Empty
PostSubject: Inner circle club house   Inner circle club house EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm

A thought was brought up yesterday about renting a location to have tables and a painting bar sort of a bunker for the club. Now were just now thinking and talking about this but with the surprising departure of the bunker what better time to obtain a location. What do you all think? Questions concerns?

A more formal post will be added later.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Inner circle club house   Inner circle club house EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:07 pm

I think its a good idea as long as its not to expensive and not to hard to up keep. Tom was talking about this to me on sunday and I think it is a great idea in theory but will be really hard to get everyone to agree on.

I say we just suck it up and play at small GW's and local gaming stores until the new bunker opens up in a few months. And if it does not open up in the near future then we push for this. But I think its too soon.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Inner circle club house   Inner circle club house EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:08 am

Speaking as a guy who's kind of on the edge of IC things, here are a few thoughts:

1. From what I've seen, you guys have a decent amount of capital that supports the activities and events you run and you do a good job helping folks out with hobby needs. The costs of maintaining a space are going to be significant unless it's supported by a larger organization like a store that can subsidize those costs. I think a lot of your ability as a group to support the local scene has the potential to suffer if you're putting a majority of your income towards rent.

2. You obviously have the materials to be able to fill a space - but how many tables do you expect to need on a daily basis for regular game play? Most local GWs have at least 3-4 tables available. The burden of the cost to support more than that on a daily basis as opposed to when needed for events might not be the best use of funds. How is the club's reputation with the folks at the Arundel Mills location or another local shop? I think Joko's proposal to wait out a few months and gauge the likelihood/location of the new bunker is probably wise.

3. Another need is possibly around painting/modeling resources - I know none of the other local locations have much in the way of these beyond a few chairs at the counter as far as I know. So if this is a major issue in the near term I can see how that might call for a solution sooner. What about GnS? I think they have a lot of tables in the back of the store, but I've rarely been there so not sure of how much painting they allow there.

Anyway, that's my $.02
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Inner circle club house   Inner circle club house EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 am

Quote :
Speaking as a guy who's kind of on the edge of IC things, here are a few thoughts:

1. From what I've seen, you guys have a decent amount of capital that supports the activities and events you run and you do a good job helping folks out with hobby needs. The costs of maintaining a space are going to be significant unless it's supported by a larger organization like a store that can subsidize those costs. I think a lot of your ability as a group to support the local scene has the potential to suffer if you're putting a majority of your income towards rent.

2. You obviously have the materials to be able to fill a space - but how many tables do you expect to need on a daily basis for regular game play? Most local GWs have at least 3-4 tables available. The burden of the cost to support more than that on a daily basis as opposed to when needed for events might not be the best use of funds. How is the club's reputation with the folks at the Arundel Mills location or another local shop? I think Joko's proposal to wait out a few months and gauge the likelihood/location of the new bunker is probably wise.

3. Another need is possibly around painting/modeling resources - I know none of the other local locations have much in the way of these beyond a few chairs at the counter as far as I know. So if this is a major issue in the near term I can see how that might call for a solution sooner. What about GnS? I think they have a lot of tables in the back of the store, but I've rarely been there so not sure of how much painting they allow there.

Anyway, that's my $.02

Agree with all of this we need to find out what people want to do, and were the bunker is moving to before we make this step. In my head if 4 months go by and no bunker we Might push this idea thru. On the other hand if G&S gives us support we will stay there. We will wait this idea will not go away thou.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inner circle club house   Inner circle club house Empty

Back to top Go down

Inner circle club house
Page 1 of 1