Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkBlood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points

Go down 
+5
Blackwolf
Tim
JohnOSpencer
GZealot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GZealot

Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:16 pm

So I've been working on a split schemed Blood angels Razorback list for about a year now on and off. The Army overall I would consider 50% complete. My intention is to make this army List using a Full Force Organizational Chart using the Current Blood Angels Article available for download at the Games Workshop website. Unlike 80% of the Blood angel armies out there my utilizes a 5 marine squad layout with razorbacks being the heavy weapons carriers. The Death Company are a Shock unit as they deepstrike into the game via Drop Pod and bolter the first thing they see to death (works rather well in most cases). Furioso is something I wanted to convert and built for the army and it seemed to fit well, Devastor Squad is for dual anti-tank and horde given the missile launchers and the Baal predator is a mobile pill box of HeavyBolters and assault cannon. For Combat I use a combination of the Veteran assault squad in a Rhino or Jump packs if I feel the mood and the Close range tactical Squads.

My main reason for showing this 2000 point list here isn't really for feed back but to give an example of a Marine Army that doesn't focus on crazy Captain abilities and dozens of other special rules of an army. Just some good old fashion Tactics and decent rolls(yeah those are still in the works but coming along nicely.) So enjoy and I hope it sparks some Ideas in other 40k Armies you are working on.

HQ Captain (Melta Bombs, Power Weapon, Storm Bolter) 125pts
Troop Tactical Squad(5) Meltagun, vet(Power Fist), Razorback(Twin-Linked Lascannon) 230pts
Troop Tactical Squad(5) Meltagun, vet(Power Weapon), Razorback(Twin-Linked Lascannon) 220pts
Troop Tactical Squad(5) Flamer, vet(Power Weapon), Razorback(Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter) 185pts
Troop Tactical Squad(5) Plasmagun, Razorback(Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter) 180pts
Troop Tactical Squad(5) Plasmagun, Razorback(Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter) 180pts
Elite Death company(7) DropPod 50pts
Elite Furioso(Death Company Dread, Extra Armor )140pts
Elite Veteran Assault Squad(8)Power Weapon x2, Thunder Hammer x1, Flamer x2, Rhino(Extra Armor)295pts
Heavy Support Baal Predator(Heavy Bolters) 125pts
Heavy Support Devastator Squad(5)Missle Launcher x4, Razorback(Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter) 245pts

total models --->41(not including tanks) Total Points 1975

Points Spent on HQ 125pts 6.3% of total points
Points Spent on Troop 995pts 49.8% of total points
Points Spent on Elite 485pts 24.3% of total points
Points Spent on Fast Attack 0pts 0.0% of total points
Points Spent on Heavy Support 370pts 18.5% of total points
List was written by Greg A aka Gregor.

Last edited by GZealot on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:03 pm

I think you should probably drop the crazy close combat weapons (Power Fist and Power Swords) from your Tactical Squads. I don't think they're worth the points.

I'd also put the meltagun squads in the Heavy Bolter Razorbacks. Better to change it up. You want the squad to pop the tank and the vehicle to mop up the remains(in a perfect world). The other squads want it the other way around, the tanks pop the tank and the marines mop up the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 am

You'd hardly ever need 5 troops in 2000 points, maybe 4, but bringing so many is gimping your ability to bring the killing BA combos, (corbulo in a rhino with Dante and Assault squad outside) etc.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:11 am

Whaaaa? 1 Troop + 1 for every 500 points is the golden rule to mopping up Seize Ground missions, and not too shabby for Capture & Control either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 am

considering you only need to control one more objective than your opponent I'd rather take killy things and fast objective contesters to win.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I mean, both options are viable. Then again, if there are only 20 models on the board total that can hold an objective, you better believe that I'm coming for them with everything I've got to force you to just be able to play for a tie. If each squad were 10 strong then I would be less worried about taking fewer Troops.
Back to top Go down
Blackwolf

Blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

All in all I personally think its a good list. But then again I tend to take full squads. I don't know a lot about B.A.s to really comment on hard hitting combos or anything. I play the rule of play what you want to play, don't worry about winning (unless its for a tournament) and just have fun.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm

JohnOSpencer wrote:
I think you should probably drop the crazy close combat weapons (Power Fist and Power Swords) from your Tactical Squads. I don't think they're worth the points.

I'd also put the meltagun squads in the Heavy Bolter Razorbacks. Better to change it up. You want the squad to pop the tank and the vehicle to mop up the remains(in a perfect world). The other squads want it the other way around, the tanks pop the tank and the marines mop up the rest.

I remember talking with you about this a long time ago when I was initially designing the army I haven't bothered to tweek the list since I last built the army. It is something that I was considering but haven't decided to work in. Its funny that I didn't do that because I always prefer flexibility rather than purpose. I think I took too much into purpose then the unit choices flexibility. I do see your point with the Tactical squads and I have noticed that in the units game play. It is something I am looking into and just haven't decided to remove yet. More than Likely I'm going to keep the Power weapon ones and replace the powerfist with something else.
Back to top Go down
Chag

Chag

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:48 am

Ok, I like the list. Play your tactics right and you will have a well rounded list for most situations! good write up!
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:23 am

My Two Cents...

No offense but it seems like you should just play normal marines with a list like that. You're not really playing at the BA army's strengths. I just completed a Blood Angels Mechanized List and I use Rhinos instead because of their overcharged engines. Plus Blood Angels really benefit from their Named Characters likst Dante, Lemartes, and Corbulo and you don't have any of those guys there. So the question is, why Blood Angels?

Not saying this is a bad list because it is a really good one. But almost all Blood Angels equipment and units are more expensive than Codex Marines. By switching over to normal marines you'll be able to fit more stuff in it. Make the Furioso Dread an Ironclad (better for about the same points), make the Death Company Vanguard Vets and switch out the Baal for a normal Pred and you'll probably have points leftover to purchase some more stuff.

That's my advice take it or leave it, it's your army not mine.
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 pm

why is the death comapany with 7 dudes only 50 points?
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 pm

oooo sorry nm lol
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:03 pm

ThatTauGuy wrote:
My Two Cents...

No offense but it seems like you should just play normal marines with a list like that. You're not really playing at the BA army's strengths. I just completed a Blood Angels Mechanized List and I use Rhinos instead because of their overcharged engines. Plus Blood Angels really benefit from their Named Characters likst Dante, Lemartes, and Corbulo and you don't have any of those guys there. So the question is, why Blood Angels?

Not saying this is a bad list because it is a really good one. But almost all Blood Angels equipment and units are more expensive than Codex Marines. By switching over to normal marines you'll be able to fit more stuff in it. Make the Furioso Dread an Ironclad (better for about the same points), make the Death Company Vanguard Vets and switch out the Baal for a normal Pred and you'll probably have points leftover to purchase some more stuff.

That's my advice take it or leave it, it's your army not mine.
It's fairly obvious he's playing Blood Angels because they can have Special Weapons in their 5 man squads, thus letting him use all the Razorbacks and not lose effectiveness with this troops.

His army would end up the same points with (probably) less effectiveness if he used Codex Space Marines.
Back to top Go down
Lemartes

Lemartes

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:18 pm

i think tim is right about the army list it looks more like vanilla marines more then a blood angels list
i also think the other person has a good point on power fist they are just to costly for the army and out of how many games will u real use them

i have a nice Blood Angels list i have placed 3 in ard boy's but that's 2500 points but my reg. 2000 points list is as good and i have taken 2 second place rtt tourn's with

Sanguinor 275 points
9 man assault squad drop jump packs sergeant infernus pistol power weapon , flamer ,
Rhino pintle mounted storm bolter 267 points
9 man assault squad drop jump packs sergeant infernus pistol power weapon , Rhino pintle mounted storm bolter 262 points
10 man assault squad drop jump packs sergeant infernus pistol power weapon , flamer , pintle mounted storm bolter 285 points
Sanguinary Priest Corbulo 105 points
stormraven twin linked multi-melta , twin-linked lascannon 200 points
Vindicator dozer blade 150 points
Vindicator dozer blade 150 points
Lemartes & 5 man death company with jump pack's inside stormraven 305 points
land speeder tornado multi-melta , heavy flamer 70 points
ok their is my Blood Angels list it's realy only 1999 points but u can throw a spotlight on the Stormraven and make it even 2000 point list

just make sure u move the stormraven over 6 inches the first 2 or 3 turns to give it the eldar cheese i have had almost hole army shoot at it and not bring it down 85% of the time
it also helps not to stick Sanguinor out front to get shot all up have him just behind the Rhinos alternating them to block LOS and also popping smoke as u cross the board
this list has no problem's with mech IG or Orc hordes army lists
And that's my 2 cents take it or leave it !

Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Lol dude this list was made back when Blood angels only had rules in the White dwarf. The list has been out dated for a long time and has thus by re vamped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points   Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Razorback list around 2000 points
Page 1 of 1