Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkDark Elves Lord/hero debate Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Dark Elves Lord/hero debate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jsheaffer

jsheaffer

Dark Elves Lord/hero debate Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Ok so I have a Pretty Solid list for dark elves I'm only having trouble with my lords and hero's so far in the list its

2 blocks of 30 Corsairs w/ handbows
1 with the frenzy banner

1 block of 30 Executioners

1 block of 20 black guard w/ banner of murder

Hag bsb w/ asf banner

1 dread lord with Crimsen death,pendent of khaloth and Armour of darkness

1 lvl 2 sorceress with the tomb of furien

a block of 20 whitch elves

2 hydra's

Now I would really like to Run Malkith the witch king but I would have to drop the sorceress and the dread lord along with the block of witch elves so put in your advice, 2 cents etc it would be very appreciated
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:53 am

I think Malkith is fun to use, very good against a heavy magic army its a tough call for fun aspect. But if your going to run Malkith I would run him on foot because dragons are real easy to kill.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

on foot with the black gaurd and asf I love the list thou what point level is that.

I will say the dread lord you have now is boss.

And i dont know about the hand bows on the corsairs. have you tryed a hag in a caldren of blood very good .
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am

I'd do 1 block of 40 corsairs/add hw & frenzy 10x4 need the musician, might as well throw in the champ too.

then 2x10 units with handbows & musician, run then 5x2. They're your new harpies.

Cauldron is probably your best option with all those khainites

Not sure what your goal is with Magic. I think if you want to be offensive with it, you need more. Malekith would certainly give you that.
Otherwise I'd drop the sorc, give the ring of hotek to the BG towermaster and point them at the biggest enemy wizard.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 am

Crimson Death - it says 'uses two hands', is it a great weapon (ASL) or a Halberd?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

halberd
Back to top Go down
jsheaffer

jsheaffer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Joko- he would be ran on foot

Scooter-Its a 2500 point list , the asf is in the executioner's because in 8th edition this unit when it goes into combat if its not going at int 5 but instead asl seeing how there's going to be 10 wide unites going to be roaming the battlefield there to fragile to have them wait to swing back because there T3 with heavy Armour to many will die. The reason for the handbows is i can run up and if I don't have the charge and come up a little short I can pump 40 shots in to them and then once more once they charge me, if some small unit is on my flank I can also reform and fire into them. Now at first I thought go with additional hand wep but I only lose 10 attacks and the other unit has the frenzy banner so they still have just as man but I gain so much with the handbows.

Martin- Im looking into crossbowmen but with the corsairs on the flank I should still have some fire power granted a much shorter range i just have to play it right i also have both of the hydra's breath weapons.

Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Fair enough.

You should give the 35 point Razor standard to the BG since they have the extra points for banners, that frees up the 25 point Banner of Murder for one of your other units. Witches, Exes and corsairs can all use it. And on the corsairs it would give AP to your handbows.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:00 pm

i think I'm going to try that corsairs are my fav
Back to top Go down
jsheaffer

jsheaffer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Martin- Good idea If i can find the points it it it sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Lord/hero debate   Dark Elves Lord/hero debate Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Elves Lord/hero debate
Page 1 of 1