Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkDark Elves Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Dark Elves EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Dark Elves EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Dark Elves EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Dark Elves EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Dark Elves EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Dark Elves EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Dark Elves EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Dark Elves EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Dark Elves EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Dark Elves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seraph

Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves   Dark Elves EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:20 am

So I've been experimenting with Dark Elves in some test games with a friend of mine and I'm not sure I'm really happy with any of the builds I've come up with yet at 2500 - what are the tried and true standards people are seeing as the best tourney build in 8th ed? I've done a number of variations at this point and am not really getting a love for any to date so curious what others are using.

Any feedback appreciated - thanks!
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves   Dark Elves EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Can't go wrong with the Dreadlord on pegasus.

Pendant + Crown of command will tie up a lot of units for multiple turns

Level 4 Shadow with the perforate-a-chap dagger in a block of spears is a great complement to a horde of Corsairs, Witches or Executioners.
I favor the Corsairs because they're core and have an armor save.
Ideally you want Miasma, Withering, Pit & Mindrazor

Get Mindrazor on your horde, and it will destroy pretty much anything.
Get The Withering on a unit and it will get destroyed by everything.

My starting point for a list under 8th has been
40 Corsairs
30 Warriors
20 Crossbows
Pegasus Dreadlord
Level 4 Shadow
Level 2 Death or Dark
Master BSB
2 Hydra

That should leave a few hundred points for one or more Shades, Chariots, Dark Riders, Bolt Throwers, BG

Which builds have you been trying?
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Lincoln

Lincoln

Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves   Dark Elves EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Here is a list that i really like for 2500 - I LOVE the 6 inches movement witch elves running with 2 hydras down the field. They are so big they can handle some shooting casualties, and if they don't kill those 2 hydras they're in a world of hurt when we all get there.

2500 Pts - Dark Elves Roster - 2500 DE - Wyatt

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra, 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin; Thunder Stomp)
2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Beastmasters Scourge

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra, 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin; Thunder Stomp)
2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Beastmasters Scourge

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower, 100 pts (War Machine; Eternal Hatred; Repeater Bolt Thrower)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower, 100 pts (War Machine; Eternal Hatred; Repeater Bolt Thrower)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Witch Elves (47#, 500 pts)
47 Witch Elves of Khaine, 500 pts (Khainite; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)
1 Banner of Swiftness

Warriors (25#, 199 pts)
25 Dark Elf Warriors, 199 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
1 Standard of Discipline

Repeater Crossbowmen (20#, 215 pts)
20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen, 215 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Repeater Crossbowmen (20#, 215 pts)
20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen, 215 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Highborn (2#, 291 pts)
1 Dreadlord, 291 pts (Always Strikes Last; General; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Dark Pegasus (Flyer; Stomp)
1 Armor of Darkness
1 Pendant of Khaeleth
1 Crown of Command

Hag Queen (4#, 200 pts)
1 Death Hag, 200 pts (Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)
1 Cauldron of Blood (Altar of Khaine; Attendents; Blessings of Khaine; Khainite; War Machine; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Frenzy; Magic Resistance (1))
2 Hags (Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)

High Sorceress (1#, 330 pts)
1 Supreme Sorceress, 330 pts (Druchii Sorcery; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Sacrificial Dagger
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 0. Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma
1 1. Steed of Shadows
1 2. The Enfeebling Foe
1 3. The Withering
1 4. The Penumbral Pendulum
1 5. Pit of Shades
1 6. Okkam's Mindrazor
1 The Lore of Shadow
1 0. Power of Darkness

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Dark Elf Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 621 (0 - 625)
Points of Heroes: 200 (0 - 625)
Points of Core: 629 (625 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 500 (0 - 1250)
Points of Rare: 550 (0 - 625)

Total Roster Cost: 2500

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves   Dark Elves EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:12 am

So why the great weapon on the Dreadlord - isn't the ASL a major detriment? I'm guessing the Dark Peg is just a dreadlord delivery service, yeah?

I had tried a dreadlord on a dragon but I'm not sure it's work the points investment. But with the new model out, I'm really feeling the need to have one...

I'm assuming you run the couldron behind the with elf block to give them the ward save until they get up into face-raping range?

I've been playing around with a block of 40 warriors and either a level 4 shadow or level 2 shadow with the tome of Furion. I've tried switching out black guard and executioners and both are nice, but neither really sang for me. Two blocks of 14 crossbows, often a 3rd of 10. At least 2 RBTs, 2 hydra of course. Cold one cav don't seem to be worth the points. I generally have 2 casters (either 2 and 2 or 2 and 4) and a BSB.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves   Dark Elves EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 9:53 am

Dragons take up too much of your lord % so you can't have a Supreme Sorc.
It's a Ridden Monster, so shooting is randomized, and you can target downstairs in combat.
Peg is much cheaper, and you're Monstrous Cav so it's one model.

Striking last isn't such a problem with the kind of save he'll have (1 or 2+, reverse ward). Low strength poison attacks or no armor save low strength or no strength magic is the really the only thing that kills him dead.
Keep him in challenges and you can tie stuff up til help arrives. You'll lose every round on static res most likely, but crown of command doesn't care. (unless you roll 11.. happens from time to time. Just don't run off the board.)

I generally nail that 5+ ward to the corsairs and don't change it the entire game. Every time I've tried something different bad things happen. Extra Attack on a Hydra is nice tho.

If you're relying on combat, hatred is the best part of being a dark elf. But you need to maximize the number of attacks.
Horde of spears fights in 4 ranks, so that's 40 attacks.
Assuming you're hitting on 4's, with hatred that's 30 hits. 15 wounds vs T3 10 dead vs light armor shield. vs T4.. 10 wounds and 5 dead vs heavy armor shield.
That's not enough, but throw on some Shadow magic and it's a different story.

Black Guard were amazing in 7th. Now with step up they're always going to take some punishment and you can only have 20 in a unit. Witches and Exe's are much better because you can take more bodies and they get stubborn within 12" of the cauldron.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves   Dark Elves Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Elves
Page 1 of 1