Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs Parkthe debate Good VS Evil Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
the debate Good VS Evil EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
the debate Good VS Evil EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

the debate Good VS Evil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

the debate Good VS Evil Empty
PostSubject: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 am

Now there are several advancements to CHOISING good or evil.

If you preference is good. Your courage is going to naturally be higher your heroes are better at boosting your troops. And your magic is better at helping you win combat.

If evil is your choice you get more monsters to help you. Your bolt throwers and range weapons are a little better and your magic is more damage based.

I personally play Easterlings mostly a fallen realm army only. I find them to be the most balanced of the evil armies not to much in one choice IE: monsters heroes and troops.

The down sides of the two choices are very different in my mind.

Good doesn’t have enough big monsters to help them fight other monsters. Also there lack of hard hitting long range weapons makes them a huge target for fast moving armies. Things like dragons and chariots.

Evil has a huge problem with its base courage this means evil hast to spend money hiring heroes to boost our courage. It is also difficult to maintain a balanced army when your heroes and monsters cost so much

It is clear to me that the game designer purposely chose to give these weaknesses to the races. The fix for the race weaknesses is to allies with other races. This is my favorite thing for good armies to do. The point of the good armies is not that they can horde it's that they can fix there problem simply by allying with another race. Dwarfs ally with elves or gondor. gondor with forgotten kingdoms. Elvin heroes in human units. The combinations that you can do are amazing. Evil can ally as well but for the most part it doesn’t give you as much as good armies get.

Now as usual this is just my 2 cents so don't bit my head of tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Personally i think that Good armies have it over the Evil side. Now as an evil player this bothers me very much, as the minions of the dark lord are much cooler. Here is what i think:

Evil Pros:

- Awesome magical abilities, you can have way more casters then the good side, and as Scooter said they are more direct damaged based.

- Monsters!!, the trolls, spiders, dragons and Balrog are awesome. Very few formations can hang with these bad boys. great for combo charges with bigger formations, and usually high defence so can take some punishment.

- Points cost, everything in the evil forces are cheap for what they do. Gothmog at 110 points is the best character in the book IMHO, but even the rest are pretty cheap. Ringwraiths are a steal no matter which one you pick. And well their basic troops are super afforadable and out number most good armies.

- Versitile, there are so many options that you can take with evil. if you are playing a pick up game, you can tailor your army to exploit your oppenents weaknesses.

- Lots of infantry, this enables the evil side to have a huge advantage in 2 of the 3 scenarios that are played (being as they are won by claiming objectives)

Evil Cons:

- Character Variation and power. The evil characters while cheap and cool do not stack up to the good heroes. they have usually one purpose, and they dont have as much might as their oposition.

- Courage, most courage is low. Characters are need to support the troops. This really hurts when Elves or allied Ents or monsters are on the table.

- Survivability, even though you have a ton of guys, they are not well armoured. Outside of Uruk-hai, Spirits and monsters, the average Defence is 5. And if you want it higher then you have to make your cheap troops expensive.

Good Pros:

- Access to a tremendous amount of Characters. most of the characters abilities are great, Epic Shot for the elves, Aragorns Epic journey and +2 to hit rolls in combat and not to mention Gandalfs awesome Blinding light spell only he has.

- On Average a higher courage value then evil troops.

- Best calvary in the game. Both Dol amroth knights and rohan royal guard.

- Alot of multi-purpose troops. Very good legendary formations.

- Radaghast the Brown!!!, my second favorite character next to Sauron. Epic Tranquilty is broken, spend a point of might and oh.... no one charges my formation. If you play a good army and dont have him.... well.... you should.

Good Cons:

- Very expensive units and characters. But not that much more then the evils ones

- Low model count armies

- Lack of sweet monsters.

So thats what i think. Evil are still very playable. But it is much easier to win with good in my opinion.

Who else has some input
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Being fairly new to WoTR I have been spending most of my time reading the rules. Good does seems to have alot of characters, but that's just it... You have to figure out which characters to take and which ones aren't worth it. I don't see any good characters running around with Spirit Walk hitting against your courage...
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:44 pm

The good characters are very numerous. there are some ones that are great and others that are ok. Spirits are good, its always good to strike against the courage instead of defence. The good characters are just much more brutal for the points cost. Epic Shot, Epic Tranquility, and multiple consouler heros are things that evil does not have access to and are game altering.

evil is a good army and i prefer to play them, but i think i will be playing elves for the upcoming ard boys
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:16 am

that's funny because Larry at the bunker informed me that elves suck.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:55 am

dude did you read what you put down

Quote :
that's funny because Larry at the bunker informed me that elves suck.

lol thats comedey

Quote :
Larry at the bunker informed me that elves suck

Quote :
Larry at the bunker

Quote :
Larry

HA HA HA I'm just kidding i love you larry
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:17 am

so if some if i told you that an army sucks for a game system you dont play you would believe me? i dont understand all of this theory hammer? i make opinions off of games played, won and lost.

Elves do not suck at all, like any other game or army, what you [put in the list and how you play can make the strongest list suck.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 am

Just getting into WOTR and was looking for an ally for my Rohan. I was recommended against using Elves by Larry. Not that I think he is a WOTR expert, but he plays it more than I do. I am now considering dwarves with DEF10/Str5/unbreakable
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:55 am

i like dwafs good choice.
Back to top Go down
larry

larry

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 12:27 am

you i do think elves sucks. but that is what i think and that is from play pep who play elves and i beat. but you play what you wont. to quote scooter thats just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 am

well larry we should get a game in and i will play elves and we shall see how they suck.

and considering from what i see in the bunker and hear from players, no one is using the deployments and scenarios that the game was made to use.

but we will see how you stand up to the 3 Epic Shot and Radaghast the Brown combo!
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am

you also thought a combat army was going to beat my Nob Bikers.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tom M.

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm an Elf player, have yet to see their terror make any difference in the game, not a bit. With their weak strength and fighting high defence armies, needing 6's on most occasions to wound statistically the extra odd casualty really doesn't make up for the high point cost per company. If there is someone out there that can critique my gaming then please show me the way, but for all the alleged uberness of the Elves I really don't have a clue how to make them work.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Can you show up tonight me and joe are playing a game around 5 530? he is playing elves I'm playing easterlings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the debate Good VS Evil   the debate Good VS Evil Empty

Back to top Go down

the debate Good VS Evil
Page 1 of 1