Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkSomething really funny about Vampire Counts Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Something really funny about Vampire Counts

Go down 
+2
scooter
joko12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joko12

joko12

Something really funny about Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:24 am

Wraiths and Etheral units do not take wounds anymore due to combat res!

It is all over the web and will probably be FAQed here soon.

But it states that Etheral Units only take wounds from magical attacks, and because crumbling is not a magical attack they do not take wounds.

Sounds really dumb but it is true. So wraiths, spirt hosts, and the Black Coach just became the most broken I think they can be.

Also making a Vamp Lord Etheral seems like a good idea now!

Also Steam tanks are so good!!!

They can be hurt but dang its hard too. T10 and what not makes it quite the unstoppable force.

But hey empire in General are pretty crazy good now.

Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:41 am

wow really wow.

You know now that I think about it that might be on purpose, think about the guy who wrote this book.....
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:04 am

Doesn't the ethereal special rule say something like, even though they can't be attacked, they can still lose combat?

Either way, wouldn't the undead special rules in the army book take precedence?

Where'd this come from?
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 am

scooter wrote:
wow really wow.

You know now that I think about it that might be on purpose, think about the guy who wrote this book.....

Yeah that is exactly what everyone is complaining about.

And yeah they can loose combat but that dosent mean they take wounds they just sit there.

Its pretty dumb but its been broken apart on like 5 other forums and everyone agrees its stupid but it is the rule and it is on purpose for now, but I bet it gets FAQed

Just like how only strenght based magic hurts team tanks which means Lore of Metal can't hurt them at all! so something dosent seem right.

Only a matter of time before more rules get updated!
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am

This is an interesting case.

The way I see it, people are all saying "Well, it's dumb, but by RAW, that's the rule".

And I don't think it actually is RAW. Context is everything.

Ethereal rule starts by talking about the attacks of ethereal creatures, then says 'conversely', linking the two rules. This part is referring to combat attacks.

Then at the bottom it says:

"This is not to say that Ethereal creatures cannot be beaten in close combat by mundane troops, because combat results are not wholly dependent upon casulties".

Looking at the VC book:

"Undead units cannot be broken, but undead units beaten in combat suffer one wound for each point by which they lose the combat"

People tend to argue RAW by some unspoken and unwritten rules, that sometimes ignore logic and context, even though they claim that they are making logical arguements.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah I understand that its just really funny at the same time,

I can see every side to the argument but if it says they can only take wounds from magical attacks in their rules then whatever.

I just think its really funny and this seems to be the way people are playing them in the new 8th. At least thats according to the other forums I was reading from.

But I think some of the new FAQ's need to be FAQed themselves haha
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Well that's true, there's at least 2 glaring errors in the DE Errata. I suspect interpolation applies to the rest.

If the paragraph was in the context of combat wounds, then it's fine. Combat res wounds are not magical attacks.. they're not attacks period.

By all accounts, VC took a beating so I'd probably be looking for stuff too.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 pm

There will be another batch of FAQs that'll be coming out for the main rulebook as issues pop up. We've run into multiple instances of a unit with multiple characters having the characters live through the unit dieing but be in opposite corners of the unit and both engaged with their own target. Book doesn't address how to handle this situation.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Yeah that was something I was talking about thats why the ICGT can't be 8th edition there isnt enough time for the rules to be hammered out and play tested enough to pick up those little bugs.
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:12 pm

In any tournament you have to make rulings. A new rules set just means more of them. The first 8th edition tournaments will just need folks to be a bit more patient, and expect that just maybe their interpretation of a rule won't be how it gets decided on by a judge.

8th is so much more fun that 7th.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm

any VC player that says that to me in a game is probably will already losing.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:11 am

yeah cause VC took a nasty hit in the new rules so they are not nearly as strong as before. Granted they are not bad anymore, but no army is bad anymore its alot more balanced.

I think this is just something funny that helps out VC players haha
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Actually I just think it's someone stretching. I would never interpret the rules that my Wraiths don't take crumble wounds cause they are ethereal. This would have come up last edition as they were still ethereal and still undead then.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 am

This is why its funny

Page 48 – Ethereal Creatures & Ethereal Movement
Ignore these special rules. Use the Ethereal rule from the
Warhammer rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something really funny about Vampire Counts   Something really funny about Vampire Counts Empty

Back to top Go down

Something really funny about Vampire Counts
Page 1 of 1