Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkHE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB

Go down 
+2
chinsquaz
6 posters
AuthorMessage

HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB Empty
PostSubject: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 pm

So I think I'm going to get into Fantasy (other than crossing my daemons over from 40k) with High Elves.

I was look at HE mostly b/c I like the dragon model, and the clean colors, so my starter list at 1250 might be:

Dragonmage with some items

2 units of 12 Lothern Seaguard

2 Lion Chariots

2 RBT

I guess over time I'd work it up to a star-dragon list, but these all seem like good choices, and no wasted money (i.e. all usable at higher points).
Back to top Go down
chinsquaz

chinsquaz

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 pm

swordmasters!!! lots and lots
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/stevengant
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 am

that is a sick list at 1250 for real sick i love it.
when you start to go higher your going to want to pick up some dragon princes and a battle standered barrer. great start thou
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 1:22 am

I have heard good/bad things about Seaguard. I think it mainly stems from the price and the horrible shooting that are S3 bows. I guess at low point value games having a unit that can shoot and/or hold your line is good.

I have been taking minimal units of archers to fill my core, so I can take shinny things, and dragon princes are normally a nice hard hitting compliment to the dragons.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Octavian

Carlos Octavian

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 am

I'm always careful not to make a mage my general, especially one mounted on a dragon. The list is strong, but with no elite troops, they won't hold up in a prolonged fight. If your going to use the seaguard, I would reccommend a Noble with a Reaver Bow in the unit for extra punch. I would then bring an extra mage, maybe drop a Charoit and pick up an elite troop type (Phoenix Guard are my personal favorite)
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 am

In 1250 thou having a model moving 20 inches that is str 5 is a great thing. Remember this isn't 2000 points and up were every army can take a dragon high elves are the only ones that can. The dragon is a great idea. What i would do Mike if your set on this list is always combo charge with your chariots and dragon never send them in alone.

Ask Lincoln a dragon by his self sometimes isn't enough. Thou the use of some elite troops couldn't hurt you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am

I've built this list out to 2250, and played with it to some success, I've just not played any fantasy in a long ass time.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 am

what armies have you played against?
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:21 am

Remember at 1250 you only need 1 core with High Elves. Try this -

Dragon Mage (2#, 430 pts)
1 Folariath's Robe - MAKES HIM ETHEREAL - nobody is going to shoot him off the dragon - still a lot of points for 1250 into a single character. You could do something different. - let me know if you want suggestions, i know you like the idea of playing with a dragon.

Dragon Princes (5#, 190 pts)
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor)
1 War Banner

Lion Chariot of Chrace (5#, 140 pts)
1 Lion Chariot of Chrace @ 140 pts (Chariot)

Archers (10#, 110 pts)
10 Archers @ 110 pts (Hand Weapon; Longbow)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 pts)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 pts)

Phoenix Guard (11#, 177 pts)
11 Phoenix Guard @ 177 pts (Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Causes Fear)

Total Roster Cost: 1247
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 am

HOnestly don't remember, I haven't even taken these guys out of the foam since September/October.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Octavian

Carlos Octavian

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Remember at 1250 you only need 1 core with High Elves. Try this -

Dragon Mage (2#, 430 pts)
1 Folariath's Robe - MAKES HIM ETHEREAL - nobody is going to shoot him off the dragon - still a lot of points for 1250 into a single character. You could do something different. - let me know if you want suggestions, i know you like the idea of playing with a dragon.

I thought the robe was for foot models only?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:32 pm

avatar wana set up a fantasy game for friday?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm

On a completely side note Mike how did you like your movie you know the one with the large blue people. Did you find it offensive or just my spelling?
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Quote :
I thought the robe was for foot models only?

Ahh..that's right. Take a scroll and a bound spell item then. 2D6 str4 flaming. or a magic lance. - only 2 attacks... up to u.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Octavian

Carlos Octavian

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Lincoln wrote:

Quote :
2D6 str4 flaming. or a magic lance. - only 2 attacks... up to u.

I like the Siver Wand and Ring of Fury for my Dragon Mage. Power Stone and Guardian Phoenix are good too...
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Ring of Fury is the bound item of was referring too. Siliver wand would be good also. Guaranteed to get spells 4 and 1. (that's what i'd take anyway)
Back to top Go down
Carlos Octavian

Carlos Octavian

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Ring of Fury is the bound item of was referring too. Siliver wand would be good also. Guaranteed to get spells 4 and 1. (that's what i'd take anyway)

Yeah, with the Silver Wand added, you'll be using 3 spells, and with the reckless rule, you get a free power dice for each spell...pretty nasty.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 pm

for 1250!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB   HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB Empty

Back to top Go down

HE Lists to start learning/playing WHFB
Page 1 of 1