Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkDaemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joko12

joko12

Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! Empty
PostSubject: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:14 pm

So I was sitting around thinking about how people keep saying daemons are not going to be a top army anymore and I had to sit and think about it and I think that is a very wrong statement.

The stubborn banner is going to make this army super strong again

Big units of horrors can cast the 2d6 strength d6 + 4 spell (power level 12) On 2 dice easy. They get plus five to cast this spell now. Lvl 4 wizard plus the +1 casting banner, I don't care if you have big blocks of guys that spell will still wreck.

Everyone said Plague bearers suck now, but I think that is wrong, just because they dont get the 4+ regen and the 5+ ward save dosent mean they suck. They are still T4 S4 and all have poison attacks that isnt that bad.

And everyone knows that slaanesh and Khorne Units are still going to be good espically big units of Bloodletters that all get killing blow.

Once again flammers are going to be super nasty due to the fact that they can now march and shoot so they only got better.

Karios fateweaver have +6 to cast and can still re-roll and has a 3+ ward not that bad!!!

Kugath now becomes more useful with his toss nurgling thing, because no partials woudning on a 2+ and no armor saves just became great against big blocks of troops that everyone is now going to be taking.

And what about the Blue Scribes!!! Holly crap, any bound spell that auto goes off at that power level!!! Anyone think that a bound power level 25 is going to suck!!!

Anyways I think daemons are still going to be played a lot they just won't be the same setups we used to see. No more bloodthirsters because large targets got crushed in new rules.

But the rest of the army is pretty sick and I think Daemons will still be in the top armies.

Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 am

We won't really know untill the faq comes out
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 am

Depends a lot on the FAQ's. Specifically how they have all the bound spells work, and whether the 'unstable' rule in the new rule book replaces the current instability for demons.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Daemons are still sick
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Fateweaver is now official stupidly good. )

Daemonettes are going down to big units of orks like sorority girls at a frat party.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:19 pm

haha true but Fateweaver is nasty !!!
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm not sold yet we will see
Back to top Go down
Tainted Coil

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:07 pm

I think the Greater Demons are still good. An awesome thirster is probably even better this edition. 7 S10 attacks with re-rolls is pretty damn good, plus S10 thunderstomp. No more +1 when shooting at him, *and* he gets +1CR for charging. He's not gonna take down ranked units easily, but that's just a shift in the metagme, otherwise he still pwns.

What I am not sure about is how combats will effect demons. I mean yeah, Bloodletters with S5, killing blow, and maybe hatred, are nasty, but other units will get all their attacks back. 4+ to hit, usually 4+ to wound, and only a 5+ save. They could be taking some serious wounds in return, and with few models won't stand up long.

I can't get a feel for it though, just have to throw down and find out!
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 am

Yeah its going to be a toss up I think in most fights of who rolls the best and if the bloodletters roll lots of Killing Blows then it could be one sided,

I would like to see a 40 strong unit of bloodletters just walking down the field haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!   Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Daemons in 8th are still going to be sick!!!
Page 1 of 1