Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkFor those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly

Go down 
+14
TimW
Mukrat
Martin
CaUTIoN
mikhaila
scooter
Jonny
Tim
Brent
joko12
Lincoln
Papa Nurgle
Keenan
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joko12

joko12

For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

yeah i still think if the discout was 20% o rmore they would get better business but hey I am done beating this dead horse now its their choice to do whatever they want, but if they really wanted to get more people in the store bigger discount only makes more sense to me.

Because the typical person that walks into that store if they say we have 20% off all GW models they would never have a reason to go buy from GW ever again.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 pm

especially if they have it in stock!
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Ok guys the point's been made. I suggest we just let this die off. After awhile it just comes off as douchebaggery.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:53 pm

lol nice word.. that's a keeper.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:34 am

yeah thats what I said I am done talking about it
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey guys local businesses have taken quite a hit this week with the storms. If you're looking to start building that new BA army, support the store and get something this weekend. I'll be up there, likely tomorrow if anyone is down for a game 1850pts. PM me.

Tim
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
Keenan

Location : Store: G&S, Work: Columbia, Live: Columbia at the mo

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 am

i agree. this has been going on too long. mods please lock or delete the thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:53 am

I really don't understand the hate for this thread. It's not an unreasonable topic of conversation, nobody is out of line especially and if the sense is the thread has devolved into childish whining you have only yourselves to blame.

Certainly user reviews of online stores (like everybody's experience with Neil at thewarstore) are valuable to share with the group.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:18 am

Only censoring here is foul language. All users have the ability to edit their own posts, so if you have said something you regret you can change it.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 am

The only time we will lock or delete a tread is if people start using not nice words. The tread was started to tell people about discounts they can get. Now as a club counsel person I promote the use of this website to let people know where they can go to get better prices.

I on the other hand will continue to buy all or at least most of my products from G&S discount or no discount. I would never presume to tell you were you should buy your toy soldiers.

I will not lock this tread because this tread is a good tool for debate look at the evolution of this tread. We found out what type of discount cretin shops get. We found out about some different stores you can visit to get merch and that’s a good thing. we brought our opinion up with the great folks at G&S.

This site is not a marketing tool for any store, we are a tool for our members, and if we can tell them where they can go to get a better deal. that’s what we will do.

I state again something I've said more than once on this topic I will buy all or most of my stuff from G&S. I would like it if you would try to. After all 10% discount is better than no discount. So come down on Tuesday and Fridays play some games and roll some bones.
Back to top Go down
CalPerr

CalPerr

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Yay! Capitalism is always so peaceful

stopped by G&S last Friday for the first time and they got lots of cool stuff that GW didn't. Like those 40k rpg books that the retail GW seems to ignore. And more paints too
Back to top Go down
Keenan

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 pm

yes the idea of this thread was to tell people about another option for buying toy soldiers. it however turned into a whine fest. that is why i wanted it locked. there is nothing to regret posting in the original post.
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I try and buy things from hobby store I play at. This doesn't mean buy everything from them, but I will atleast try and buy something so I feel like I am not just leeching their space. Unless it is GW, and then I could give a rats bum about their feelings.

Case in points I bought a brush and a FoW starter box at G&S, but I ordered one of the FoW Army books from Warstore. The main reason is I just don't get out to G&S all that much, and I will probably get the FoW book in the mail before I even got back to G&S.

Online is great for things your don't need right away, and local game stores are great for impulse buying and being able to browse all the different products and talk to people about how such and such game works. This is mainly talking about non-GW products because half the time the red shirt knows less then you do about army/system.

My command is for people to go and buy a random silly game at G&S and play it with some friends.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:43 am

Agree
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 am

From my understand Settlers of Catan rules, never played it though
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:25 am

amazing game i love it
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:05 am

buy stuff from stores is what the goverment wants you to do its just a big conspiracy man
Back to top Go down
CalPerr

CalPerr

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 am

LOL

the CIA is behind EVERYTHING!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 am

people might find this column interesting, the author seems credible and the topics have been relevant to our interests:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17051.html
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 am

Nice read, thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 pm

For all out there that would like everything at a discount from their local game store keep this in mind:

Store buys an item from GW that is $100 retail, as Mr. Clark has pointed out that would cost the store $55 with a 45% discount. So in selling said item it would turn a profits of $45. That is a very good margin and would do well for the store.

Now let us take the same item $100 and have the store issue a 20% discount for all those gamers who want it. That would for all intensive purposes reduce the discount to 25% from 45%. So by selling an GW item that is $100 at a 20% discount would only turn a profit of $25. So we have gone from the store making $45 to $25, so now the store has to sell almost double the amount of items that it would to make the same profit from the same item.

For anyone that does not own a business that doesnt click, and most people dont care. But as Matt has said, without buying from your local independent retailer you are making it that much harder to for the store to survive.

A place like the Warstore or any internet dealers, they dont have to worry about the cost of having a brick and mortar location.

Discounting only hurts in the long run and I would not suggest retailers to discount unless it was for items that might be older or dont sell as well and want out of the store.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 pm

but if no one buys from you what hurts more giving a discount or not giving a discount that is my point
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 am

arguably giving a discount if you lose money on the sale by having to stock stuff, if nobody's buying you have no out of pocket for the stock...
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 am

well I guess no one will realize what I mean until you run your own store. If you are not running cool and exciting events for the hobbyist to participate in then yeah no one will buy anything. Inventory costs are the least of your worries when owning a store, you dont get a discount on your rent, BGE bill, water bill, property taxes, employee pay roll and that doesnt include if you want to actually make some money for yourself....which is the ultimate goal if you are running your own business.

And lets not sit here and say that the only way you purchase items is via a discount. We all have other hobbies... and I know for one when I bought my PS3 and any Playstation game I dont ever go wow, why doesnt Best Buy give me a discount? Its not practical for most business'. most certainly not privately owned business.

I have purchased many things from GCS and never once was it with a discount. I remember my Magic the Gathering days, a good $800 was bought in the first 2 months... and that was for a card game.

So if you want stores like GCS to stay around and be able to offer quality gaming products dont make their life hard by pissing and moaning about discount and the War Store.... it will be a sad day for all when there is no where to game because online discounting has all of the business.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 pm

I understand what its like to run a business I'm not saying that it won't cause some toruble if they have a discount, all I am saying, is if you have a discount even if its not a large one, you will still make more money in the long run then if people buy stuff online instead.

Because I know at least 10 people that buy stuff online and not at G&S just because they can get it at a discount, but if G&S could give that same discount then that would be 10 more people buying a lot more warhammer, then not buying anything from there at all, that is the only point I'm making.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Well here's the problem. How many people do you think shop at GCS? More than 20? If so it's not in their interest to offer a discount. Yes, I'm aware that there are more than 10 people who buy online but the point still stands: less than 50 percent of people likely get their stuff exclusively online.

I personally impulse buy at this point. If I need something for a project or a unit or whatnot I'll buy it there. Warstore and the like do nothing to further my hobbying (gaming & tournaments), so it is rare for them to receive my business (not to say I haven't done it before).
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:56 pm

I understand I see the pro's and con's to giving the discount. Thats fine they can do whatever they want, I just won't buy anything there not a big deal.

I will just keep buying my stuff online or at the bunker it doesnt matter to me really I just like debating haha
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Now here's an alternative. If a store were to offer a discount yet require a 'pay to play' of a few bucks (you can define few however you want), would you play there? Personally I'd rather pay retail to keep the lights on so I can play whenever I want for free.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 pm

I mean yeah that is a good alternative but so is hosting tournaments, the store its self can host them, charge people at the doors, and still have some prize support. Especially a gaming store that has tons of differnt games, they could have tournament every week if they wanted to and make money that way.

Theres lots of alternatives to how they could make up for the discount prices, but we also need to remember yeah we can use their place to play but we dont NEED their place to play warhammer or any other gaming system for that matter. However, They need us to keep them in business!!!

Yes I understand that not having big tables at your house sucks but hey I still get my games in and I still get to play with my friends, most of the time that is all I do anyways.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:09 pm

i really think you would be singing a different tune if you were the one with the business. It is people like you that make it hard for a game store to survive. and if the day ever came that people would all be playing in there basements and not having a place to go where the could meet and play with new people i would stop playing.

And if you played with me and that happened you might give up from me beating you all the time and never winning....
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:26 pm

haha real cocky in a game of luck haha well I dont play you so I dont care about how lucky you are anyways,

theres alot more people like me that think the same way, o well, tough for the buisness there are people that are willing to give me a discount so I am going there.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Joe i think your logic would work better if they were the only game in town. As it stands now they're not. If someday they were to be the only game in town then you'd be right... but then again you can't fault someone for saving money, and wanting to save money WHILE buying from their local store. Until a local store offers a discount I will continue to spend thousands at game stores that are the most convenient, and/or have the best prices.

... to that note it sort of bothers me that there's this much drama directed AT G&S and yet they refuse to participate in the discussion. Just shows their stance I suppose. Would be great if they made an effort to be part of the discussion.

This is my last post in this thread, not much more to say that hasn't already been said.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Where are these other stores you talk about? its them and the Bunker with in like 20 miles.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Bunker, Arundel Mills, White Marsh, Colombia, Cattonsivlle.

Where else would you like me to list.....
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:47 am

joko12 wrote:
Bunker, Arundel Mills, White Marsh, Colombia, Cattonsivlle.

Where else would you like me to list.....

and none of those place give any discount, where as G&S does do 10% on special orders, i have a full size table at my house but i still like to have a place to go and game with new people and host torments, and i like having staff to talk to about painting and converting ideas the internet just don't do that now i get stuff off ebay all the time but when i use a stores facilities i feel and obligation to buy some product there to help support them, and really if you buy a 100 bucks worth of stuff, what are you saving 10 dollar, big deal now if your spending like 500, sure i can see the logic but really I only do that like once or twice a year, for my other smaller purchases i will always by local
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:57 pm

yeah and then you have to wait for the models to come in anyways, so why not order online and save even more your argument is not a valid one when it comes to the discount,

And on top of that if you were reading the posts, the question before was where are there other places to play at besides Games and stuff and I listed only a few that are close. There are many more. So once again, I don't see why I should give any business to Games and Stuff.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:07 pm

No the question was where are the other stores that are offering said discount. If the argument is discount....then GCS is the place to go. But no GW store offers any discount so really the point is mute for those that do not buy from the internet.

At this point you all do what you want i am going to starting posting meaningful ideas else where about what is cool and awesome about playing with toy soldiers
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

You can play warhammer on the internet and if no stuff ibought localy all the stores will close eventualy, people like me keep those stores open people who game at them and shop online are basikly paracites
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:16 pm

I played at games and stuff one time the chances of me going back are very slim unless there is some crazy good tournament that I have to play at the place smells like cat pee is hot as anything, super crammed up and the tables suck. So what reasons do I have to go play there none, and if they are not going to give me a discount I DO NOT HAVE A REASON TO GO THERE so I wont.

I will continue to go the bunker and other gaming stores to play and give them my business because they are easier to access, and more fun to be at because of previous reasons stated above.
Back to top Go down
Keenan

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:04 pm

OK guys time for me to chime in again. Before i tell you all what i have to say I will first tell you a tiy bit about me. I work in retail. Worse than that I work in commission retail. I tell you this so you may get a sense of how much this situation infuriated me.

I went to a local gaming shop that shall remain nameless to hang out with some friends and had some product in mindto buy, which i was planning on doing on my way out. An employee came over to where our group was and started cleaning the gaming area. We decided it was time for some of us to go so we made our way thru the shop where i stopped to get the things i wasnted. A different employee came and helped me find the things i wanted. The first employee asked how the day was to which the second replied slow, then left since I had found the things i was looking for. i continued to walk around a little looking for things to impulse buy. After i was done i went to buy the things i had picked up and was told by the employee who helped me find them that they had closed almost an hour ago.

This infuriated me. The first employee should have said something when he started cleaning. The second employee should have said something when we walked thru the store, or when he was helping us. And on top of that , if it was a slow day why wouldn't you want to stay open for a sale? So congrats nameless gaming store you have forever lost my business and the business of as many people as i can spread this story to.

I have told a select few of you Circlers about this and you know which store it is. The rest of you are free to guess. I'm sure you won't need more than one guess.

Rant over
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm

ha
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 pm

After i was done i went to buy the things i had picked up and was told by the employee who helped me find them that they had closed almost an hour ago.

Heh. That don't happen at my shop. If you have money left to spend, I'm open. I'd fire an employee that wouldn't take a customers money. It's kind of an over riding priority to me, and helps pay the rent.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:39 pm

well i will say that no one is arguing that there are terrible retail stores out there....and that one whoever it is i would in fact not support, but that is a different issue, one of customer service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Quote :
(Retail | Saskatchewan, Canada)

Me: “Hello, what can I do for you today?”

Customer: “I’d like to buy this table saw, but I only want to pay $300.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the price is $400.”

Customer: “But I only want to pay $300!”

(This goes back and forth 3 or 4 times.)

Customer: “Tell you what. Take $100 off the table saw and I might come in next week and buy that!” *points to a $20 tool*

Me: “Sorry, sir but I’m not taking $100 off an item just because you buy a $20 item in a week.”

Customer: “You clearly don’t know how to run a business!”

I suspect this is how game store owners feel all the time.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:48 pm

(This goes back and forth 3 or 4 times.)
QFT.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Tim

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm

That might be the best response of all.
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:46 am

Since the last round of GW price hikes I have almost exclusively bought online. With the next round coming in about 12 days I am at the point that I will not be buying any more GW. There might be an occasional purchase but no more $200 orders for armies I will never play.

I have only been in a GW store twice in about 6 months. Both times for only about 5 minutes. They hold no interest for me at all to go to. Small stores, little kids, weird hours, annoying employees. Only reason to buy from GW at this point is for the Direct Only, and that means not even buying from a freaking store.

When I do go to independent game store I do try and buy at least something if I am playing there. It can be a new set of dice, paints, or a random book.

I am sorry, but when I can save $100 by ordering online I will do that. It is also more convenient to have a package appear at my door step 2-3 days later.

I understand that local store need money to stay in business. I also understand it is not my job alone to do that. Maybe if i was spending 20 hours at the store a week I would see thing differently, but I am lucky to get there more then twice a month.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:36 am

The bunker os however a notable exception
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:54 am

i can see your point about the price hike don't forget G@S offers a 10% discount for everything you have to order.
Back to top Go down
Keenan

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:46 am

as do most independent retailers. sorry poot i had to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly   For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

For those of you who don't want to buy from GW directly
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2