Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkLooking for a lil skaven help Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Looking for a lil skaven help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WingedTaurus27

Looking for a lil skaven help Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:30 pm

The tournament on the 12th was my first game using my new skaven army. It's also the first time I've ever used a hordes army. I found them to be alot of fun, but was struggling to get them to work well. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I should do. I've got alot of models to choose from. The army list I used was as follows:

Grey Seer (495 points)
-screaming bell
-power stone
-pipes of piebald
-enchanted shield

+50 Stormvermin (350 points)
-Full command
-Champ. with tail weapon
-shields
-Banner of the under empire

+Assassin (125 points)
-Biting blade
(This model did amazing in my opinion for the points)

Plague Priest (339 points)
-Plague furnace
-level 2
-Flail
-Warp scroll
-Warp token

+50 Plague monks (425 points)
-Full Command
-Storm Banner

+Warlock Enginerr (45 points)
-shadow magnet trinket

Doomwheel (150 points)

Hell pit abomination (235 points)
(surprisingly low death tally)

30 Slaves (75 points)
-spears

30 Slaves (75 points)
-spears

30 slaves (75 points)
-spears

2497 points

I had my slaves in front of the bell an furnace to catch the charges. Abomination charging staright through the center, and doomwheel run up the side. I found my furnace to not deal nearly as much damage as I had thought, and my bell actually did less good than the slaves. I'm sure that was the dice rolling, but expected the bell to atleast at more to the fight. I'm in no way complaining cause it was great fun. Just wanted opinions of what I should do for next time. I got alot of models to choose from : Bell, Furnace, 60 Stormvermin, 60 Plague monks, 4 Jezzails, 5 Globadiers, Doomwheel, 4 rat ogres, Queek, Snitch, Throt, only 2 plague bearers, 1 warp cannon on back order, bout 30 giant rats, And 120 clanrats/Slaves. (I use a necromunda model for my hell pit)

-Josh
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Take out 10-15 guys from the blocks of stormvermin and plague monks just to many guys for a unit yeah they are unbreakable but you can get alot more points and units with the points saved from there,

Make the slaves be min, dont give them spears, I would take 4 units of 20 for 160pts then you have four units to move around and harras people with.

Take doomwheel out

Now the fun part I would take out the warlock enginner take another plague priest and take another plague furnice. Then with all the saved points from earlier make a unit of 30 more plague monks in here.

I would also consider taking all the stormvermin and making them be clanrats. Because you have the option of having them be a unit with 4+ saves using shields, or making them use spears if charged against weaker units. Yeah the plus 1 strenght and weapon skill of the stormvermin is nice but not sure its worth all the extra points.

these are some rough ideas but I think they are pretty good, only one way to find out, practice battles!!!
Back to top Go down
WingedTaurus27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks for the input. I think it's work out quite nice. I was wondering if I should drop the bell and go for 2 furnaces and take queek for a lord with 20 stormvermin. I wasnt too impressed with the bell. after about 20 power dice tossed at it I found myself getting scorch which was dispelled, or allowing my unbreakable unit reroll ld tests. and killed 4+ stormvermin twice from getting doubles. haha. just bad dice.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Yeah it takes a few battles with the same army to figure out if its really a good one or not. I would say mix up your list a little but the bell is pretty sweet. And I don't know about queek he just dosnt have a very good armor save I mean if you took him head on against alot of charictors he is very outmatched that is the only worry I have with him.
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 pm

heyyy were u at the tournament cause this seems similar
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:02 am

Ginger yes he was at the tournament I would give all your slave units slings for 1/2 point each good buy. Also give your guy on the furnace a censer to make your opponents take Toughness tests good buy. I would look at dropping the doom wheel and taking another hell pit, or taking some plague censers bearers there amazing. Next time I see you I'll help you with a list.
Back to top Go down
WingedTaurus27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks scooter. I wanna get good with them. My goal is to be able to make an impression at Games Day next year. I know it sounds funny, but it's 1 of my goals in life to atleast play in it. I got 1 model built and painted to go in for golden demon too. Not perfect but its the best I've ever done, and I've never seen a Tomb scorpion jumping out the sand done before. I'm gonna mix em up a bit, and try to be at as many tournys as possible to get play time in. I've even thought about maybe dropping the bell, and getting 2 furnaces, a chief, and a Verminlord. haha it's the things I told my wife I want her to buy me most for x-mas. I love close combat where my numbers can count, but I've got trouble getting the charge. Usually I'm the 1 getting charged. Wasn't so bad with lizards, but seems to not be the way to go with rats.
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:01 pm

oooo okay scooter gosh lol
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:14 am

lol i love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lil skaven help   Looking for a lil skaven help Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a lil skaven help
Page 1 of 1