Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkCharacters in the Second Rank Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Characters in the Second Rank EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Characters in the Second Rank EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Characters in the Second Rank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

Characters in the Second Rank Empty
PostSubject: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:47 pm

In the FAQ the following Question was asked:

" Q: Must a character be moved to the front rank of a unit as soon
as a space becomes available? (p100)
A: Yes. "

So, is that saying that if you start a character in a unit before the game in the second that in your first turn you would have to move him to the front if there was more then just the 1-3 command models?

I ask, as personally I hate the change to Characters being able to confer abilities and still get 1 attack while in the second rank.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:55 pm

That is exactly how I see it. The only way a character gets to stay in the second rank is when there are command models and "other" characters taking up the five spaces. As soon as a character leaves or dies, or champion dies, they'd have to move up.
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:22 am

And that could make it interesting in HTH combat. Your opponent calls a challenge, and kills your champion at Init 5. Your wizard hiding in the back immediately runs to fill the spot, just in time to take a few spears in the gut from the rank and file.)
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:08 am

Ok, just wanted to make sure. It is very vague in the wording of the rules, and there is not really a section which covers characters deploying in units before the game, just when they join during the game.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:12 am

Myself and Lincoln played a game where Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearers and the three unit command occupied the front rank (5 wide) and a BSB and Runesmiyh hiding in second rank. Knowing this I would now try and snipe the unit champion to force one to come up front, good play by Lincoln, and me not in full understanding of the rule.
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:02 pm

You gotta expect that from Lincoln. That is a tactic he uses himself, so he knows how to counter it.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:20 pm

its even better when you single file someone with a unit of fullcommand that is stubborn haha
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:49 am

These are the things that have taken some of the fun out of it for me. In 6th and 7th if you put your character in the back (except for Skaven) they werent doing %$@@. It just doesnt need to be in there INHO. But as I play more I guess I will just have to start chesse dicking people with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters in the Second Rank   Characters in the Second Rank Empty

Back to top Go down

Characters in the Second Rank
Page 1 of 1