Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkA few questions concerning the club Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
A few questions concerning the club EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
A few questions concerning the club EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
A few questions concerning the club EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
A few questions concerning the club EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
A few questions concerning the club EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
A few questions concerning the club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
A few questions concerning the club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
A few questions concerning the club EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

A few questions concerning the club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim

A few questions concerning the club Empty
PostSubject: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 pm

1) When it comes to tournaments, do we have, or should we start building, an official Inner Circle Gaming FAQ for each of the respective games?
2) How many stores/areas are represented under the Inner Circle Banner?
3) Of the various tournaments and events coming up, how many are considered Inner Circle Sponsored?
4) For new people who wish to join, how do they define their affiliation? For instance my shirt says Glen Burnie, but for someone outside of the immediate area how is their location determined? (For instance, I don't even know if my shirt represents my store or my area)

Just wondering so I can start passing on the info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:16 am

Quote :
1) When it comes to tournaments, do we have, or should we start building, an official Inner Circle Gaming FAQ for each of the respective games?

I think this issue actually needs to be raised directly with Ed Spetigue (sp?) since if he really intends that all the local clubs nationally are feeders for LVGT then GW needs to get off it's ass and provide standardized rules AND scenarios, or the whole thing is a joke (or, more of a joke).

Quote :
2) How many stores/areas are represented under the Inner Circle Banner?

I actually think that as the club grows we NEED to push the concept to 'store affiliation' away, since if your want to put your money where your mouth is in terms of not being a GW club, you really shouldn't make everybody identify with a GW location.

Quote :
3) Of the various tournaments and events coming up, how many are considered Inner Circle Sponsored?

Dunno

Quote :
4) For new people who wish to join, how do they define their affiliation? For instance my shirt says Glen Burnie, but for someone outside of the immediate area how is their location determined? (For instance, I don't even know if my shirt represents my store or my area)

See my comment above, I think we shouldn't make people declare an affiliation, nor for that matter should the shirts exclusively indicate GW games, but I guess we're working on that issue over time.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 am

question 1
Yes for most of the game systems we will need to put ouf a club FAQ.

question 2
There is going to be a spot on the site for all the diffrent stores to sign onto and post there ideas for there group. as for how many stores i belive the last count was areound 10. and growing.

question 3
as for inner circle sponsered events. The councle is meeting on tuesday to discuse a scedual and a location for each of the games. in atendence will be scott the bunker manager and Matt store manager of G&S. they will be there to lend there suport and to let us know what days we can have tournaments at there locations. for the time being the tournament on the 5th and the tournament on the 19th of sep are ours.

question 4
New people affiliations. On all the shirts the upper part of the logo will say Inner Circle the lower will say what area you game at wether its glen burnie arundal mills or G&S. It will say it on your shirt.
the glen burni part of the shirt just sayes that the area you play in.

Now as for the shirts clear disine flaw IE GW games only being displayed we will be changing this over time. When we break into Flames Maic and any other game system we will incorperate them into he disign but for right now we have alot on our plates. As for declaring an affiliation I think it is important for people to know were everywere the best way of doing this is to show it. when you come to a tournament were hosting i want people to see alot of diffrent people wearing the shirt from alot of diffrent stores.

Thank you for the questions i love it if theres any more fell free to post them I'm always here to answer any conserns you mite have. scooter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 am

Quote :
question 1
Yes for most of the game systems we will need to put ouf a club FAQ.

Club FAQS = fail, we should use this opportunity to pressure GW local to provide real faqs. Failing that just use the adepticon FAQ since we don't want to re-invent the wheel.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 am

can you bring the FAQ on tuesday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 am

Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 am

ill print it off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:34 am

Keep in mind it's last year's FAQ so I think the whole IG section will have to be scrapped, but it's still easier.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am

I think that instead of just deferring to Adepticon we should at least read through it to decide if there's anywhere we would want to institute changes. After all, there are certain instances where they clearly make a Rule Change, rather than a Rule Clarification.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 am

Isn't the INAT pretty much the indie-tourney standard? I know that GW GTs didn't use it, but most conventions look to the INAT for their clarifications.

Since GW is going to be hosting a "best in the region" competition, we really should be talking to the Adepticon crew and other organizers regarding forcing GW to come out with a proper tournament ruleset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:26 am

I only suggested using it in the interest of time (not wanting to rewrite it). There are at least a couple things I saw right away that I think should be played differently I agree.

However, and this again gets to my larger point: Ed's concept of a locally club run national tournament scene is a joke unless each club uses the same rules and the same scenarios when they run their "qualifier" tournament for the LVGT. If he's not going to provide standardized rules and scenarios then how is anybody supposed to believe that the 100 people who show up in Vegas are all at the same level of play?

If he refuses to provide standardized rules we need to adopt or help to adopt some other national standard (even if we don't agree with each ruling) and Adepticon is the FAQ most 'like' a national errata/faq at the moment.

Chrispy's response came up while I was writing and I agree with him, since we're already doing a portion of Dave Taylor's old job for free for Ed we should use that leverage to pressure for a complete/authoritative rule-set (which you'll never get since the game is run/designed by Brits who are more interested in drinking while playing than in the rules making sense.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:28 am

INAT v2.2 is the 'adepticon faq' I'm referring to, so we're already on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 am

True dat. Avatar put it more eloquently than I could ever do, but I completely agree with him. Instead of reinventing the wheel, we need to work with what we have, and the INAT is FAQ most people are using.

Has anyone even contacted the Adepticon people yet? We should be milking them for all the info they can give us.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 pm

If the plan is to host a GT that people play in to get to Vegas to play. Then we should use what ever standard GW is going to us in there final GT. I don't care if Gw uses adepticon or one of there own i think we should us whatever they use. I'll ask ED and some others to find out and get back with you all.
Back to top Go down
Valhallan42nd

Valhallan42nd

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:00 pm

GW isn't going to make a FAQ as comprehensive as the INAT FAQ. They're not in a place to spend money to do this "properly". And before people say, "PDF's don't cost money" it's the labor that goes behind the PDF that is the crucial sticking point.

And we tried to create one in Florida, as well. Quite frankly, it wasn't worth the three months of bad blood it caused. I recommend adopting the INAT wholesale. I may not agree with all of it, and it may not be the most RAW document ever, but it's certainly the best and most comprehensive I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few questions concerning the club   A few questions concerning the club Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions concerning the club
Page 1 of 1