Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkHE List questions Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
HE List questions EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
HE List questions EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
HE List questions EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
HE List questions EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
HE List questions EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
HE List questions EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
HE List questions EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
HE List questions EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
HE List questions EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

HE List questions

Go down 
+4
GZealot
scooter
Henry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:43 am

I have been going over different ideas for my 2250 list and just wanted to get some opinions on it from more experienced players then myself.

The first one is as follows:

Prince on Star Dragon with the typical armor and bracers build.

Dragon Mage lvl 2 with 2 dispell scrolls

BSB with Battle Banner

10x2 Archers

3 Reapers

15x2 Phoenix Guard

And that's about it with 39 points left to place anywhere.

The second list is as follows:

Same as above but instead of the Dragon Mage I would a lvl 2 HE mage in each block of PG one with 2 scrolls and the other with the staff that allows me to pick his spells. There would also be an addition of a lion chariot and possibly an eagle fitted in somewhere.

I am a bit scared of the dragon mage because his mount is a young dragon and is nowhere near as tough as the star nor is the rider with only 2 wounds and no armor or ward save to speak off. Plus reckless can go good or bad and it would be a shame to roll a miscast then roll on the table for your mage to get sucked into chaos : (

Last edited by Henry on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:30 am

i woudgo with the 2 dragon combo cause it's funny henry you need to lose the bsb thou you cant have 5 hero's high elves are good and all but not 5 hero's good
Back to top Go down
Henry

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am

I forgot about that, in that case I now have 200 extra points to spend. Question is how to use them. And what about keeping the baby dragon alive or making it useful without if getting shot out of the sky.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:21 am

1 bolt thrower only 1 group of phinix gaurd and make some lion chariots
Back to top Go down
GZealot

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:02 am

I would probably drop one of the bolt throwers and look into getting some type of chariot to compliment the Infantry or to dual charge with a dragon.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:40 am

Here is a brief list write up
Prince Star Lance, Helm of Fortune, Guardian of Phoenix, Dragon Armor, Shield mount(Star dragon) 622pts

dragon mage Lvl 2 Wiz
385pts

Archer Unit 1 x10(models)
110pts

Archer Unit 2 x10(models)
110pts

Lion Chariot
140pts

Lion Chariot
140pts

Phoenix Guard unit 1 x15(models)
Full command
255pts

Phoenix Guard unit 2 x15(models)
Full command
255pts

Repeater Bolt thrower x2
200 Pts

You have 33 points to spend on something doesn't matter really give the mage a scroll?

The sad thing is I think this list fits the description of the Capitol Gaming Tournament in Oct but you would have to drop the Star dragon down to a Moon dragon.
Back to top Go down
Henry

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:39 am

These are starting to sound and look good. I am still scared of the longevity of the Sun dragon and its rider. I guess I could hide it somewhere, can't really screen a large target : ( Also with only one mage what would I do about magic defense? The I could use the banner that HE's have that gives me a magic resist of 2 or the one that gives 2+ ward save to magic they are both pretty cheap too.

@scooter if I add a another reaper and 2 lion chariot and drop a block of PG I still have 55 points left.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 pm

I wouldn't worrry too much about the dragon being taken down as long as you play him smart and not put him in front of the firing lines or in a situation to be charged. he should live fine, key thing with the dragon is when charging always go for the flank of the unit. Its worth delaying your charge a turn to get into a better position to charge a unit in the flank. In the case of magic defense what are you worried about? For magic defense I would go with a scroll on the Dragon mage and just play conservitive with what you stop. With 3 dispel dice you aren't going to do alot of stoping but depending on the army you will probably be ok. I suggest you play a few games and see if you need the extra magic defense. Only army I can see being a big issue is Tomb kings since they will always have alot of spells to that will cast unless you have dice, again though just gotta stop those spells they are key for the turn.

Play with it and see what you might need to do with it.
Back to top Go down

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm basically looking at building a similar HE army:

Stardragon prince with star lance and vambraces, maybe talisman of loec, armor, sheild

dragon mage with silver wand 2x dispel scrolls

2x10 man archers

3 RBT

1 Eagle

4x Lion Chariots

and I think I was able to fit a unit of DPs in there too, but now I can't remember the points.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:14 pm

thats not a bad way to go with it. Make sure when you play people can't force your hand thou. Running that many low point cost units is really going to give you an advantage agenst them. Your opponet wont know were to put his models that is a sweet list i love it.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Just pray you dont play dwarves.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:45 pm

if you play dwarfs your going to need to hide your dragons from there canons
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm

and your chariots. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 pm

played 2 games this weekend at 1250 against wood elves, (different players, different lists) and was impressed by the dragon's ability to control the field, even after the mage exploded his own head.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:26 pm

dragons in lopwer point games are very hard to deal with. Be carfull in higher point games people will have wayes to deal with them.
Back to top Go down

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Even if all he did was terror some units off the table it was worth it. I may bring stuff down to the bunker this weekend and not play in the tournament but watch and maybe pick up a game.

(I don't trust my rules knowledge enough yet to try to play competitively [unless you think it won't matter]).
Back to top Go down
Carlos Octavian

Carlos Octavian

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 am

New to the forum, just wanted to chime in:

I've played a silmilar army like this in a tourney in Colorado and as long as your not facing any High Str War Machines, you should be fine. I personally love the concept of an all-fear causing High elf army and it can be very intimidating to opponents who count on fear to win. (i.e., Deamons & undead)
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Or it could back fire and take all the usefullness of your fear and terror checks away, but I like the all shooting high elf army lots of bolts and lots of archers backed up with mages and chariots makes it a very fun army, but that is just my style with high elves.
Back to top Go down
S-Low

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 am

There are a couple "there is no such thing as cheese" high elf lists I have seen. They basicaly look like this:
Lord on Star Dragon
Dragon Mage
2x Cheapo core, usually archers

Then there is a split. People either go:
Max lion chariots, bolt throwers with leftover points
or
2 dragon prince units, max bolt throwers

In fact, I played something like that tonight against scooter. Those are tough lists, no two ways about it.

I think the pheniex guard don't fit in well here. Everything in the army is pretty much a) manueverable or b) shooting. I could see the blocks of infantry getting left behind the action and out manuevered without more support.

Overall, I think the list is powerful but not very creative. I would rather put a lvl 4 mage on the big dragon. Isn't 7 strength 6 (I think...) attacks from the dragon enough offense? I saw one guy do this and use lore of death. Pretty soon he had a six wound lord!

Outside of a tourny setting or prep I would not want to play against this lol, I guess it justs depends how you play.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Octavian

Carlos Octavian

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:24 pm

I agree its not very creative, but if you have another option for High Elves to combat Treemen, Steam tanks, Shaggoths, Stegadons, War Hydras, Giants, etc., I'm all ears.....

The hard fact is the High Elf Army almost has to field at least one dragon and/or a barrage of Bolt Throwers to be able to compete with High Toughness/multi wound creatures that more than half of all remaining armies can field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HE List questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE List questions   HE List questions Empty

Back to top Go down

HE List questions
Page 1 of 1