Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkFirst turn charge units can go bye bye Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

First turn charge units can go bye bye

Go down 
+4
TylerP
Martin
Baneon
scooter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

First turn charge units can go bye bye Empty
PostSubject: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 am

OK so it goes like this you play orcs and gobilns wolf riders or whatever else has a 12 inch move. vanguard I think It's called.

24 inches away from you opponent.

Van guard 12 inches up now your 12 inches from his line, Your movement turn you move 18 inches up now your 6 inches from his board edge. and finally whaaagggggg the spell with the power scroll. 2d6 inches up charge anything you want. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:16 am

Scouts have a specific rule that says they cannot first turn charge if you go first, does Vanguard have the same rule?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:23 am

yes but the spell dosn't declare charges. if they move into bass to bass contact there considered to be charged.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Now playing devils advocate does cannot charge first turn include things that "counts as charging"?
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Vanguard move:
Can't move within 12" of the enemy, and can't Declare a charge on the first turn if you go first.

So technically, you can do that.

Are you going to horde up on the wolf cav?
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
TylerP

TylerP

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 pm

well yeah it works but they really suck in combat so its going to have to be a huge unit to do much.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Or its great to break gun lines.

They are pretty cheap and if you took like 6 units of 5 or so you can smash through a ton of gun line armies.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm

LOL see I talk to scooter and he gives away all my secrets...

It's really devastating against anything with war machines

What he neglected to tell you is

The spell gives you asf and re roll all misses in hth

5 wolf riders with spears kill just about an wm in the game on average

Orcs are so good this addition Josh when you come up we are going to have to compare notes but i don't see losing many games with my army

Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:02 pm

That is until you play against me Ludwig Cool
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Im just waiting for Scooter to post an idea that he came up with all on his own
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 am

why would I when I have all of you tactical wizes to pull from
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:29 am

Black guard block in 7th

slann floating all by him self

3 ancients that ran the tournament scene for a year

Sisters of battle mass melta mass faith

1 drop WOTR instead of your 3 drop

Would you like me to go on?????
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:41 am

scooter wrote:
Black guard block in 7th

slann floating all by him self

3 ancients that ran the tournament scene for a year

Sisters of battle mass melta mass faith

1 drop WOTR instead of your 3 drop

Would you like me to go on?????

I hope that you are kidding about all but the WOTR list....I do believe that i was playing my Lizard list while you were still playing Dark elves, and it had the slann and engines, every sisters player around the country runs massed meltas.

So yes now that you have one, please go on....
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 am

And the Black Guard block was a staple for quite a while for everyone, these are no brainers.

I mean come on for like the first 6 months you played 40k you didnt even know how combo assaulting was legal. Razz
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:59 am

The point is I ran all of that except for the WOTR list without the help of anyone. if that is your thought on it no one has original Ideas. "Someone out there ran that back in Texas so you can't, copy cat." Your lizard list had 1 ancient and the Slann was always attached to saures warriors. I've never seen anyone but myself play sisters at the bunker. And no one ran Black guard the way I did, until I started taking it to tournaments sorry Joe your wrong. None of this means I came up with it and showed the world it just means I thought about it and did it without the help of others. There’s a reason no one at Ard boys was running the list I took. I never put it on the internet. I’m thinking about going to Your up lol get it “Your UP” and playing it there.

And thank you for teaching me how to combo assault.
You’re a really good player but most of us hear are.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:41 am

Quote :
Vanguard move:
Can't move within 12" of the enemy, and can't Declare a charge on the first turn if you go first.

Still playing devil's advocate here.

I was going to say if this was the actual rule wording then it wouldn't work as WAAAGH! is still movement and therefor constrained by the cannot move within 12" of the opponent. However just to be sure I looked the rule up and it actually read the initial 12" movement cannot be used to come within 12" of the opponent. Nice tactic.

Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:54 am

yeah it works I did it in 7th with my all boar boy army to crush people it was a good time.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:17 am

Oh Scooter, I remember when I was king of terd island in the bunker too...

Forgot who I was talking to, for the record my list had 3 ancients, one just wasn't an engine, the other two were.

I bow to the greatness of the Inner Circle elite
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 am

Sorry Joe I just don't see it like you. People come up with lists or ideas I tend to make them better. It doesn’t make me smarter or a better player I just see things different. Just to let you know your sarcasm is really weak I know you’re a really hip guy, who has to point out people but your cool man no need to point anyone out we like you. Hell I'd marry you if you weren’t already married. I mean no Gay but you know really Gay...

And it's good to see you not replay with your "I've won with every army out there." Just not when Daemons were out attitude. I'm sorry everyone doesn’t lick your ass like they use to. You can be king or terd bunker.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:45 am

if you cant move within 12" of an enemy unit then it wont work. Wink nice catch brad.

I'd like to see Joe play in a serious tournament this year without daemons Wink
In fact I'd like to see all of us kick ass in tournaments this year without playing daemons.
are daemons the best army.... ehh maybe, not a given.
are they cheese... yes
are they ghey... yes
are they easy to play... yes
do they take mad skill to win with... no

everyone should prove themselves by winning with an army that isn't Tier1, even better beat daemons with em. Kaleb beat me with beastmen... i mean it was a crazy game with lost of retarded stuff happening... but he did it - I was even playing daemons. Yup, gotta give the brother mad props for that one. it was a friendly game, but Kaleb is a great fantasy player. hopefully he gets time off for tournaments this year. Kaleb is also one of the best daemon players I know.... lol but so am I - I won adepticon with them on my first try----- LOL. seriously, you want your ass licked pickup something besides daemons. I own daemons, I play daemons, but i make it a point to also play and win in 8th edition with something else.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 am

whats Tier 1?
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:08 pm

It's early but I'd say something "close" to this -

Tier 1
Daemons
Empire
Dark Elves
Dwarves

Tier 2
Skaven
Vampire Counts
Lizardmen
Orcs and Goblins
High Elves
Warriors Chaos
Bretonians
Ogres

Tier 3
Beastmen
Tomb Kings
Wood Elves

Last edited by Lincoln on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Lincoln wrote:
if you cant move within 12" of an enemy unit then it wont work. Wink nice catch brad.

(brad just confirmed it does work)
Once more.. The vanguard rules says you you move 12", and can't come within 12" of the enemy, and that you can't declare a charge on turn 1, if you go first.

You can move within 12" with your remaining move, and use magic to bring them into contact with the enemy, which triggers combat.
And even though they didn't declare a charge, they'd still get the +1 CR according to the rules for combat res
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Quote :
Tier 1
Daemons
Empire
Dark Elves
Dwarves

Tier 2
Orcs and Goblins
High Elves
Warriors Chaos
Bretonians
Ogres

Tier 3
Beastmen
Tomb Kings
Wood Elves

So in your world lizards aren't there?
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:05 pm

@scooter- believe me the ass licking got old and glad it doesn't happen anymore. And it wasn't an attack on you about taking ideas, everyone does it and I have as well, just a fun poke. My sarcasm is thick all the time for those that don't know me to well.

In reference to tiered armies, there is no way you can tier anything right now. Its too early to do that. The power scroll item alone makes anything able to have Dwellers or Purple Sun terrible to face.

I don't have enough time to paint and play, and I will not waste my time showing that I can win games with armies that others can't. I'm glad to see others showing those lists love, but my time is precious and will play what I want.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:06 pm

They are in a new tier tier 4 haha
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:17 pm

And in regards to the actual topic....I will most likely be running the Vortex Shard in my High Elf army to stop the first turn magic gayness that is beginning to trend with that power scroll. So you will have to decide if you want to spring that combo and set it up on turn one or run the risk of your Magic phase from ending.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:19 pm

I think we can all agree that wood elves are at the bottom at least haha
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Another combo Tim told me about is taking lizard man feedback scroll and bane head lol now thats funny. crazy good. white lions for the win.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't know the more I think about it the do have a couple good lists.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah so does your face
Back to top Go down
Ludwig

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Ok so let me explain this again

vanguard move before the first turn 12 inches

18in move with the wolf riders turn 1

stopping 1 inch from opponents war machines

waaaggghhhh charge

as for you Mr. Neet you play those pansy elves i'll send the pointy eared gitz back to balti with there tails between there legs!

Oh and let me fix this for u

Tier 1
Empire
Dwarves
Warriors Chaos
Orcs and Goblins

Tier 2

High Elves
Dark Elves
Lizardmen
Skaven
Ogres
Tomb Kings
Daemons

Tier 3
Beastmen
Bretonians
Wood Elves

You guys really need to test play more: D
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 pm

I like my tiers better, TK blows not even close to HE, DE and Skaven. you're high. Twisted Evil

and no I don't think Orcs and Goblins are as great as you think they are... time will tell. First turn challenge at the 2500 point tournament in a few weeks?
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:26 am

No Vampire Counts in his list either, though I think it's too early for a hard tier list.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:47 am

How do pairings work for the NEWCC? Do we just play 4 random players or is it team on team?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 am

I'm talking to Mike and Mike about that on saturday I'll let you know when we get back
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Sweet, it would be good to know.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 pm

We play each other and winner wins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First turn charge units can go bye bye   First turn charge units can go bye bye Empty

Back to top Go down

First turn charge units can go bye bye
Page 1 of 1