Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkBackwards wheel on a charge? Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Backwards wheel on a charge?

Go down 
+4
S-Low
Jonny
scooter
Martin
8 posters

Is this allowed
Yes
Backwards wheel on a charge? I_vote_lcap0%Backwards wheel on a charge? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Backwards wheel on a charge? I_vote_lcap100%Backwards wheel on a charge? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Martin

Martin

Backwards wheel on a charge? Empty
PostSubject: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 am

Situation that came up last night against Seth's Orc.

Big block of Boyz are charging against my Warriors that are already in combat with a giant (due to overrun).
In order to get this unit around the giant, he has to execute a short wheel backwards, before moving in for the charge.
Logichammer told me this probably wasn't allowed, but we couldn't find anything in the charging section that indicated it wasn't allowed.
In the end I let it go without dicing primarily because it meant his final charge (chariot in the flank) had to go through woods (which sadly still didn't kill it). Also said I'd definitely be putting it up for a poll Smile

I think I've got it locked down though, the reason it's not mentioned in the charging section is because it's basically outlawed by the movement rules.

Two things, first under "wheel": "To wheel, the leading edge of the formation moves forward, pivoting round one of the front corners."

Then under "turn": "The most common use of the turn(in place) manoeuvre (maneuver) is for a unit to turn around 90 or 180, move half their normal move and then turn back to its original position. This effectively means that units can move backwards or sideways at half speed"

So that basically says when we "shuffle backwards" or back up, you don't actually move backwards, but turn in place, move forwards then turn in place again.
Of course you can still wheel while moving forwards there, but this is not a manoeuvre (maneuver) that costs twice the normal movement (like going through a wood), but something that takes your entire movement (because the turns take 1/4 each).

The defense rests Smile
(But I know I still would have lost)
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:39 am

You cannot move back in fantasy to move forward if he did not have the movement to get around the giant then he cannot charge.

Also when you turn in place you cannot march or charge

Quote :
And finally the people at the bunker could not help you with this question so sad. You see guys this is what happens when you don't Hire people who at least Know the !@#$&*^ rules of the game can you please stop fire good people cause you want to !@#$ your co workers.
Back to top Go down
Jonny

Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Yup, you can only wheel forwards. In order to "wheel backwards" you would have to turn, then wheel, then turn again.
Back to top Go down
S-Low

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 pm

To be honest, I feel silly we didn't look under wheel rules in the first place! It's dead clear that backwards wheeling does not exist, so the move was illegal.
Oops.
Lets mark it up as Goblin trickery, yes? The same trickery that let that chariot navigate through the trees with only a little scratch...

I actually hate it when I come to play at the bunker with you guys and someone gets the redshirts involved. I don't blame you guys at all, but them seem very biased towards whatever scooter/caleb/lincoln happen to be saying at the time! It's one thing to ask a third party when two people are unsure of the rules, but when two people both think they know the rule and their ideas are in conflict, the only outside source should really be the rulebook. If checking the rulebook doesn't give a clear answer, you dice it.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm

The dudes at the bunker don't know whats up I don't ever ask them anything.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 am

joko12 wrote:
The dudes at the bunker don't know whats up I don't ever ask them anything.

Thats why i don't go there any more, besides jesse every one that works there is useless to me they can't paint better than me or convert better than me or play better than me, who ever decided to put new hires in the bunker should be raped then shot then raped in the gun shot wound, then shot till dead then brought back to life and then be forced to watch as the loved ones are raped and shot, then repeat until your left with some thing that resembles hamburger meat
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 am

wow
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:55 am

That's a sea of hate I can't swim through.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 am

It's nice to know the maturity of GW players hasn't changed :-)
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

yeah that was just a little extreme haha
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 pm

it's brent what do you expect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Not to expect maturity?
Back to top Go down
S-Low

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 pm

How do we vote I want to vote yes so I don't feel so guilty Sad lol
Sorry Martin, it was a lot of fun nontheless (for me at least!)
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Brent is just upset he can't play fantasy worth a damn.

I'll have to admit though, the current batch of red shirts are a bunch of Tards for the most part. I miss Bill, Dwayne and the rest of the crew. Shouldn't be any reason you stop coming to the bunker though, I mean really if you can't trust what they say (and who can right now) there's always other people there who actually know the rules. Hell most of the time I ask Scooter if it's an odd rule...or John if he's there. I mean it IS part of John's job to answer weird questions like that about the game rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backwards wheel on a charge?   Backwards wheel on a charge? Empty

Back to top Go down

Backwards wheel on a charge?
Page 1 of 1