Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs Park[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Baneon

Baneon

[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model Empty
PostSubject: [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model   [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 am

Been looking around for a model or conversion base for making a ghorgon and came across this. I was thinking of replacing the head with the greater daemon of Slaanesh's head to give it a bull look and seeing if I can throw another pair of arms on it (though that's stretching it I think). What do you all think?

http://www.warpuppy.com/Miniatures-&-Wargames-WarGods-Olympus-Titans/c21_62_64_197/p1798/Titan-Overlord/product_info.html
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model   [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:55 am

dude that looks amazing
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model   [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

Mike Ludwig has a Ghorgon done up with greenstuff and about to start painting. Looks very good. He used the plastic giant as a base, and used all 4 of the arms. Liberal amounts of greenstuff made into matted fur on the back and chest to bulk out the shoulders and hide the extra arm joints. Head is from a plastic minotaur I believe. Looks good, fairly cheap, and usable even at official GW events.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model   [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:05 am

The only issue I have with the giant as a base for the conversion ( and for me it's fairly major) is the damn giant is lanky. It has spendly arms and legs where the ghorgon is supposedly built like a brick .... house. It's all muscle. That's why I started looking for something else to base the start-up of the model as.

And I figure I can convert it up enough not to raise any red flags. The head wont fit ( but it'll be great for a cygor conversion ) and I'm pretty sure the legs/feet will need to be green stuffed to hooves. And if I go the route that I 'should' I need an extra set of arms on there.
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model   [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Yeah, that was what held me back from basing one on a giant. Mikes bulked up some with the fur. I'd go a step or two further with it, and maybe even widen the shoulders before attatching arms.

Got to finish the Jabberwockey first though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model   [Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model Empty

Back to top Go down

[Beastmen]Possible Ghorgon Model
Page 1 of 1