Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkWhat armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.

Go down 
+6
scooter
Baneon
vonjankmon
Martin
Lincoln
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lincoln

Lincoln

What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. Empty
PostSubject: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 am

I think I will be playing and building my High Elves and Tomb Kings and (Empire with Josh). I will be playing Chaos, Daemons, Dwarves at most tournaments until my HE or TK get finished. How about you?

Now if GW releases new Wood Elves - everything else goes on the shelf. Twisted Evil - One can only hope.

I am currently not motivated to buy/build/paint more 40k.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 am

Mostly Dark Elves. Really don't have much to do other than finish painting the corsairs and peg lord.

After that, Dwarves and maybe Bretonnians. Ogres will be on the shelf unless a new book shows up.

Short of a new Tau book, I won't be doing any 40k.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
vonjankmon

vonjankmon

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Focusing on my IG right now. REALLY disappointed in how the new TK book looks so really don't think I'll be bringing my TK out but I'll probably give the army book a read myself and see but I think I'll just focus on getting my IG fully painted and then maybe get back into Hordes and pull my Legion out.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:11 pm

I just don't see anyone being able to deal with 2 units of 40 TG, with WS6, 100+ archers, 2 catapults, 2 caskets, and a unit(s) of 6 stalkers. TK magic is great.
Back to top Go down
vonjankmon

vonjankmon

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:26 pm

The army just looks boring to me now. I started them because they were different, just seems like everything is being made more of the same in 8th. Plus TK magic got loads weaker in the new book. No incantations and all of the spells are weaker versions of their old ones.

TG look to be insanely mean, especially if you give them 5+ killing blow. Archers are good as always. I don't think the stalkers will be very good though, their gaze will destroy other undead or lizardmen, armies with really low initiative but it's kind of useless otherwise and the short 8 inch range means they better really hurt the unit they're doing it on cause they're getting charged the next turn in all likelihood.

I'll be interested to see more about the Hieortitan and to see how the warsphinx thundercrush power play out but on the whole the army just seems boring and since they made bone giants, Ushtabi, and scropions kind of suck I basically have to build a whole new army. Not sure I want to pay out 200-300 dollars for a boring army and then have to paint it all up.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:31 pm

rolling 6D6 artillery worth of 6's to wound with no armor saves is going to be so good. If you scatter into a unit you go 1" away (I will place 1" from the rear of the unit - so I won't be charged). I think TK magic is sooo good - lore attribute heals d3+1 to all units targeted and most spells in the lore target all units within 12-24 inches. I think the casket is soo good now (D3 power dice per casket)

I'll let you know how it goes. As i see it, it's gonna rock most 8th edition armies.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:17 am

Who is playing Warmachine? Anyone have a favorite army? I have a Cryx box I'd be willing to trade for something fantasy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 am

email the Maryland Warmachine Player Google group if you're interested in getting rid of that, there are over 100 people on the listserv.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 pm

I want to take a look at the new TK book but then I'm an undead kinda guy. Still love my VC just haven't gotten a chance to play lately. I want to fully paint my Eldar army, maybe I can convince Frenchie to paint up the reast of my Harlequins like he did the other group. Thinking of getting rid of my IG and Lizards though, keep to a low army count. Saves me some headaches.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm

tomb kings and I think a russian flames of war army
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Hey Linc,

Me, Spencer and the rest of our crew are playing Warmachine.

I'm interested in your Cryx box. What kind of stuff are you looking for.

As for the topic of this thread. I'm trying to have less armies, so I won't be starting any armies for a while. I am still working on High Elves for Fantasy.

Other than that, I'm working on my Warmachine army, which I just completed for 35 points.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Crux are awesome! Me and Dave Manganaro have been playing warmachine and it's a great game. We should play sometime John
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 am

scooter wrote:
tomb kings and I think a russian flames of war army
''

Give me a yell Scooter. One of the guys just traded me a FOW Russian army. He put a lot of time into doing the bases with little walls and sculpted bases, primed it, and then went back to painting his 40k stuff. Just not enough time. It's got a large number of infantry and command bases, more artillery than you will ever use, and 7 of the big Joeseph Stalin tanks. He was building it off one of the PDFs on the website. You'd probably want to only ever run one of the JS platoons, and add in some HMG's and smaller tanks, for a regular FOW force. But these would get you a good start, and fairly cheap. I was about to dump it to ebay for him.
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 pm

JoeNeet wrote:
Crux are awesome! Me and Dave Manganaro have been playing warmachine and it's a great game. We should play sometime John
Definitely. We're at Games and Stuff quite a bit, but mostly on Tuesday nights. Let me know when you're available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:39 am

don't forget too if you're interested in getting a couple games in a one day there's a WM/Hordes event once a month, typically a tournament on the 3rd sunday of the month, but always very relaxed player group, and a good way to meet the other people in the area who play.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:38 am

Mike I would love them next time I'm up there I'll take them of your hands
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 pm

scooter wrote:
Mike I would love them next time I'm up there I'll take them of your hands

Will do. I'll put them aside for you.
Back to top Go down
JoshAfromNJ

JoshAfromNJ

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:03 pm

They brought Arkan the Black back into the game... that was all I needed to jump back into my Tomb Kings army. He was the first model I ever bought for Warhammer 18 years ago for an Undead army before they were split into TK and Vampires.

I honestly think the magic for TK has improved too. The last book's system doesnt work in 8th, if your enemy had a level 4, it was almost impossible to get a spell off. My local game store sold me their black box book and models and I've had a chance to play several games and I've gone undeafeted with them against solid opponents. As for Bone Giants, I was able to get Birona's Timewarp and Speed of Light off on one. He went on to kill 38 of 40 Greatswords with Unstoppable assault (6 attacks, WS10, I10, Always strike first and reroll to hit, S6 meant I just kept going and going and going) Then thunderstomped the last 2.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:24 pm

I am glad someone is liking the book, when I playtested it I was not a fan, but hopefully changes have been made.

@JoshAfromNJ- what store do you play at?
Back to top Go down
JoshAfromNJ

JoshAfromNJ

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Good vs. Evil Games and Comics, 5 mins outside of Sea Isle City in NJ. GW Vorhees sometimes as well.

I can understand people's disappontment in it. It's definatly not the direction I would have went with the army and I really dont like how GW is cutting out some of the most characterful parts of armies (TK bound magic and Beastmen raider formation) for the sake of simplicity. But it's what we got and I think there are going to be some badass TK armies out there soon. GW never really does a new army credit as well as the players do as far as painting and modeling/conversions.

And again, Arkhan the Black is back... that's all I needed.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Well that is awesome that you are getting back into them, models are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:41 am

HAHAHA Josh that Bone Giant story is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.   What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months. Empty

Back to top Go down

What armies are you planning to play/build in the next 12 months.
Page 1 of 1