Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkNew ETC restrictions WIP Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

New ETC restrictions WIP

Go down 
+9
TylerP
GZealot
Lincoln
scooter
mikhaila
joko12
Swilkins
Martin
D.Sanchez
13 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez

New ETC restrictions WIP Empty
PostSubject: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 am

http://www.rankingshq.com/etc/article.aspx?ArticleTypeId=2&ArticleId=218

The disrupution to steadfast and the capping of infantry have to go. Also the look out sir to gateway, on an 11-12 you remve the unit period.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Unit sizes of are limited as follows:
- Non-infantry units (including monstrous infantry): Maximum 12 models/unit
- Infantry costing 5 points or less: Maximum 40 models/unit
- Infantry costing 6-9 points: Maximum 30 models/unit
- Infantry costing 10 points or more: Maximum 24 models/unit

New ETC restrictions WIP Disapp10
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Swilkins

Swilkins

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 pm

If this was to go live as is I'd have to:
1) drop a Hellpit Abomination
2) Reduce my huge block of clanrats pushing the bell to 40 clanrats that die so easily.
3) Reduce my plague censers since they can no longer be in a horde
4) add in more core caused by dropping the clanrats down to 40.

I like some of the things they have changed, mainly the magic and warmachines. I can see certain restrictions made to the armies, such as limiting HPAs to 0-1 because they are really pretty stupid. However, in my opinion, this edition is supposed to be an edition where there are massive amounts of infantry. Capping unit sizes makes no sense to me, especially when they are allowing disruption to remove steadfast. Any way just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Good thing it's just a playtest version thus far. Chaos knights and flesh hounds would just run down blocks like nothin again.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Yeah really dumb if they keep the rules like this knights steam tanks and flesh hounds will be game breakers again
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Work in progress...

And it needs work! Not a fan of a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Gay weak
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 am

I like the idea of taking away 100 man units. Although i think 30 would be the max - WTH did they come up with 24 at? perhaps they should make it so that a unit can only be steadfast for one full turn. Steadfast should go to 1-2 rounds maybe?
Back to top Go down
Swilkins

Swilkins

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 am

I personally think if they allow disruption to get rid of steadfast then there won't be any issues with huge units tying up other ones forever. Just hit them in the flank and they will crumple.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Agreed with spencer because that was very similar to what people did in 7th edition. Large blocks will easily break in run unless they dumped out enough attacks to hold their line.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 pm

ETC rules will change so much its only the beginning
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:54 pm

We don't have to use the ETC rules who cares what they do If it takes of it's a great system just like in 7th. If it doesn’t it's %$@@ so let’s wait and see what they do.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 pm

I think my problem is the people who make these changes to benefit there armies because they have to be on "top" never been beaten by one of them never will.
Back to top Go down
TylerP

TylerP

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm

that is some of the most retared stuff i have every seen
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm

i think stead fast is stupid but these rules wouldnt help much
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 pm

I love that they are all retarded I'll play etc all day long lol so dumb. I like fish sticks
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 pm

they shud just change the rule for steadfast
Back to top Go down
Dharmacres

Dharmacres

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 am

Disruption of steadfast = Gay

and fishsticks dont hold a candle to fish nuggets.. ..
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 am

Quote :
fish nuggets.. ..

Shocked scratch study cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 am

fish turds
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:25 am

hater
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:17 pm

I have an idea...just play Warhammer!
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:22 pm

that would be to simple sir
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:36 pm

man if only if only
Back to top Go down
Dharmacres

Dharmacres

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Baneon wrote:
I have an idea...just play Warhammer!

agreed.... But without inventing arbitrary restrictions to please some and upset others… what would some people do with their spare time?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 am

masterbate or figure out how to play the game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:44 pm

discussion on this topic (which I don't care about):

http://www.yesthetruthhurts.com/2010/10/fantasy-ruleshammer-deathstars-in.html
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Magic in 8th edition is the counter to this. I only see this being difficult to kill if they're huge blocks of high elf phoenix guard and white lions with magic def banners. New magic can cut a unit into 1/3 or 1/-2 pretty easily. None of these big infantry blocks are going to get to you on turn 2 with the exception of a few special banner combos... Albeit the banners are on lizard men, or daemons so they either have crap initiative or can' take crazy magic defense banners. If your playing gun line it's either dwarves or empire. Dwarves have thorrek and gyrocopter to bonfire units or slow their movement. Empire get all the war machine templates and access to great new magic... They also have a big unbreakable units. Armies like WE can avoid 3 blocks all day long without losing models. If they're only sporting a single caster and you're worried about his magic just charge something in with higher initiative and gang him in combat. You can't move characters out of combat and an eagle or similar creature has a pretty good chance of killing a lvl1 or 2 wiz..... Blah blah blah. No I don't think 3 big deathstars is going to win the day. Not against players who know how to play anyway.... 3 infantry blocks may be great point denial - but not enough threats to scare me and when they're down to just 1-2 i can easily avoid them and win the game on points.... There are units in game that can easily kill 30+ models in a single round of combat.

In summary magic or war machine templates can cut a block, any block, in half. So a unit of 60 becomes 30 or 40, after a good round of combat they have 20-30 guys left. They lose but get steadfast rolls, big deal. If they somehow manage to counter-charge with another big ol'l block of ranked up troops (5 wide)... I'm gonna get 15-20 more combat res next round when i destroy their first unit still in front of my horde, then I'll reform and bring in the rest of my friggin army. If i lose my 30 man unit and he loses a 60 man unit... I'm up on points. Rinse repeat. You've gotta have more than 3 blocks of death if you want to win in 8th...combat blocks, war machines, and magic..... Wow sounds like warhammer!!! My 2 cents anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New ETC restrictions WIP   New ETC restrictions WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

New ETC restrictions WIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Warhammer Fantasy Discussion-
Jump to: