Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkWhat are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?

Go down 
+7
chinsquaz
Tim
Chrispy
Lincoln
scooter
Ironhide Clan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironhide Clan

Ironhide Clan

What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? Empty
PostSubject: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 am

Least favorite- Toss up between Demons and High Elves
Reason - Demons are crazy Broken not to mention I hate that they don't lose wounds from combat rez, Always Strike First on everything is to much I think Charging cavalry should get to go first the turn they charge.

Favorite - Warriors of Chaos
Reason- I always get into some great combats they are the only army that as a whole loves combat as much as my ORCS .... WAAAAAAAGH !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 am

I was test gaming some daemon lists against my new high elves and I actually felt like the Daemons did pop from combat, maybe not directly from combat res, but modified leadership tests with unsaveable wounds seemed just as bad.

Also, I was really liking playing as High Elves, and as I'm just starting WFB I think they'll be my main army.

To actually answer the question though:

40k:

Least Favorite: Any horde army, because even though they die and I usually win, the game is annoying since it takes forever to set up and knock down. If you have to pull out 80 guardsman and they're not in tanks, just don't bother.

Favorite: Any Mech army (full mech, not "hey I brought a tank"). 40k becomes a real game of movement and tactics rather than just a dice rolling exercise, I like that.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am

favorit fantasy army to play is orc and gobilins you never know what there going to do
least is deamons cause there gay and if you playing a deamon army well we all can fill in the blank there.

favorite 40k space marians i love killing them least favorite orcs to much cheese with them

favorite WOTR all of them there awsome
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Least Favorite WHFB - Daemons
Favorite WHFB - Wood Elves, they generally aren't great at combat or magic. Takes a good opponent to play them well.

Least Favorite 40k - orks with Custom Force Field and 30 Lootas
Favorite 40k - Tau - because nobody plays em...
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Least Favorite 40k - orks with Custom Force Field and 30 Lootas

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Only 30 lootas? So 45 is A-OK? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Favorite 40k: Tyranids. Lots of stuff is going to die.
Least Favorite: Tau. It just becomes a game of hide and seek.
Back to top Go down
chinsquaz

chinsquaz

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:55 pm

favorite to play against is probably Warriors of Chaos. everyone jumped onto that bandwagon when they first came out and they have bigtime weaknesses

least favorite is Bretonnia. Stupid lance formation is devistating to my weak druchii. If i didnt have a Bret army of my own i would hate them more. High elves are tough as well. ASF is rediculously underrated
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/stevengant
Lucian

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Favorite to Play Against: Eldar. They have lots of neat powers and as someone that's never fielded them they're a bit of a mystery which always makes for an interesting game. It just feels right.

Least Favorite to Play Against: Necrons. Most of the time it's a very boring game. The Necrons have a lot of good stuff but it all feels very cookie cutter to me. Some Necron armies are cool if they're themed right, but even that is hard to do.
Back to top Go down
The Mauler

The Mauler

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:45 pm

I'd say its probably your mom. ;D

Oh, wait...armies right?

For Fantasy, my least favorite, DWORFS! Damn stunties! With their stupid amount of dispel dice, disdain for a phase of the game, and that jerk-face with the anvil. Grrrrr! I feel that dwarf armies present a real challenge, more so than the rest out there. Makes me work for that win. Rest seem "pfft."

Top favorite, is....high elves. When I first really got into fantasy, a lot of people I played against busted out high elves. So I always take particular glee in crushing elves. <3

40k I haven't played enough to have any real opinion. But just on principle I dislike spess mehreens. Especially "Ultra Marines". They're all like "whaaaaaaa"? Especially Ultra Marine armies that have Calgar....
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:30 am

For fantasy hands down my favorite army is the Vampire Counts, I just like the imagery of the shambling hordes of undead coming across the boards.

Least favorite to play against is probably dwarves just due to the fact of the true Gunline/Thorick combo, it's too much like I've brought a knife to a gun fight. Probably tied with certain DC builds though. There are some rediculous options in the DC book. I bought the army but couldn't bring myself to play it.

For 40k my current favorite has to be my Mech IG (311th Recon) it's just nice having normal guys even though I haven't played the army as it's still being built. Least favorite...I would have to say it's list related rather then army related Lash CSM and Nob Bikers suck but overall I don't have a hated army.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Oddly enough a Mech IG list does famazingly well vs the two lists you hate.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Funny that right?
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 pm

fantacy...........least everyone says deamons but iv never played them so i would have to go with vampires......cause i just dont like them
fav to play is ogres cause there an interestin army and nobody plays them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?   What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite/least favorite armies to play against and why ?
Page 1 of 1