Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkI don't know so I need to know Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
I don't know so I need to know EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
I don't know so I need to know EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
I don't know so I need to know EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
I don't know so I need to know EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
I don't know so I need to know EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
I don't know so I need to know EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
I don't know so I need to know EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
I don't know so I need to know EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
I don't know so I need to know EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

I don't know so I need to know

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

I don't know so I need to know Empty
PostSubject: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 am

Well hello Guys

So in a week I play the second round of ard boys.

You know I don't know allot about 40 gay <-----lol
So what are the best lists in the game and what are the weak points.

Guys people will tell us what they think this isn't a post for you to argue about what is a good list and isn't. Everyone can have an opinion about what they see as good and not good.

Example: Leaf blower, what is it; why is it good, and how do I kill it. I'm well aware that there are other good list for IG so please let me know what they are and how to beat them.

My list

Chick squad of doom
5 rhinos 1 chimera
4 rhinos 10 sisters each with a Brazier and 2 melta
1 chimera 2 melta and a combi
1 rhino Main chick squad heavy flamer and light flamer brazier
2 immolators with 4 meltas each and a brazier immolators have multi meltas on them
1 immolator with 4 flamers and a brazier with a banner
2 exorcist tanks
1 retrabuter squad with 4 heavy bolters in it
Allies
Inquisitor squad with 2 mystics Trots and phi cannon

In short it's
18 melta guns
1 combi melta
2 multi meltas
2 d 6 melta shots a turn
1 phi cannon
4 heavy bolters
5 flamers 2 heavy flamers (1 twin linked)
10 Braziers <------str 4 flamers
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 am

One thing to keep in mind its not just the lists you need to worry about. As you progress into the second and hopefully final round you will be playing more and more experienced players. They will not only know the rules for 40k and their army, but they will most likely know you army bakcwards and forwards as well. My biggest piece of advice I can give you is know you army, know the rules and read up on the top armies codex's. Knowledge is your best friend.

Here are some armies and what chance you might run into them:

Nob Bikers (Slim Chance)- Even though I have the army, this is a very easy army to play and it doesnt take much thought. You will see this in one of two ways, either all bikers in 2-4 units. Or you will see 2 biker units and the rest of the points put into boyz and deff rolla battle wagons. The scenario is a huge factor with this army, as in either case it will excel in kill points, and the horde version will do okay with objectives. Best bet with this army is use your transports to clog the board and block objectives off from the bikers. If you play kill points, reserve most of your army and nickel and dime him and hope you can get some good melta shots on his bikes. If he is on with his saves, this army will rape face, so hope he rolls shitty.

Imperial Guard Leaf Blower (Very Good Chance)- If you really want to know about this army, go to Bell of Lost Souls and search leaf blower. You will be able to read the article for the guy who one the last ard boyz with that list. If played by an experieced 40k player, you will be hard pressed to win. This list has an answer to everything in the shooting phase. Like any other guard army it will struggle in combat, but the trick is to get there. You will see a lot of templates being droped and a fair amount of flamers and tanks. the list normal has 2-3 Valks and they will be transporting the melta gun verterans and special weapon squads. If you dont win first turn you NEED to deploy in reserve. This may seem silly as you want to get across the table, but if you deploy your army, you will be wiped off in 2-3 turns and the game will be over in about 30 mins. get your meltas across the table quick and start popping tanks. This will be a tough match up, and since Adepticon had about 70% of the team tournament as Guard, you will be seeing this army almost for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Man the Imperial Guard codex is so entirely fair and balanced...It must be if 70% of powergamers play it.
Back to top Go down
vonjankmon

vonjankmon

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Might be worth mentioning that the leaf blower list is really only the "super omg unbeatable" if it goes first. That list won last year because he went first in every game. Luck and skill being equal going first pretty much decides a large portion of how the game is going to go unless both armies are almost exclusively HtH focused armies. Plus IG doesn't really scale well to 2500 IMO. I think it is MUCH stronger at 1850 because an IG player can easily fill all three heavy support and fast attack choices at 1850, past that we're just adding more of the same things, which is not bad but does not add to the dynamic of the army like many other armies can do with the extra points.

Given the last mission in the first round of Ard Boyz I don't think you're going to see a ton of IG mech lists. Some will have made it but I'm willing to bet a bunch either lost in the last round or only god a minor victory/draw, which drops them out of the top three in most cases.

Honestly I would be more worried about a good player using Blood Angels. They've got the latest codex creep and most people do not have a lot of experience playing against them. These two factors can make them a significant wild card but I will not be surprised if a BA army ends up winning it all, especially if the person has put the effort in to build some of those crazy flying troop transports they got in their codex.

In the end I think a good player is going to win out almost totally regardless of the army they're playing.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Necrons? Grey Knights? I'm just trying to be a jerk here but damn those armies need some help Sad
Back to top Go down
vonjankmon

vonjankmon

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 am

You'll notice the "almost" in my last line there.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:47 am

Also the Leafblower uses the Inq Lord/Mystic combo to keep you from deep striking on top of him.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 am

Ban all allies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks Joe that’s what I needed to know I never would have thought about reserving against IG leaf blower. It makes since thou, and you know I would never consider reserving anything. What else guys what build and what armies are good? How do I beat them with my sisters?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know so I need to know   I don't know so I need to know Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't know so I need to know
Page 1 of 1