Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkWhat is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?

Go down 
+17
BrianF
Gamesmith
Tim
Brent
mikhaila
CalPerr
Dameon
JoeNeet
Martin
Lincoln
TimW
joko12
Baneon
scooter
Gramps
Jonny
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Quote :
-Other people feel painting does have merit, and thus you aren't being discriminated against, just found lacking in merit.

I enjoyed this part. I think Mikhaila and I can agree on something finally. Until I start shouting "No Comp!" again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

This guy is a loser, he can't even paint his model. What a lazy bastard:

http://thebizzare.com/cool/model-making/
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 pm

what a chump
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 pm

all the gears and linkages are fully operational.. I want to know if that extends to the machine gun trigger.

This guy is a loser, he can't even paint his model. What a lazy bastard:

http://thebizzare.com/cool/model-making/
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Let's all agree that if Brent makes a fully operational miniature orc bike and breeds a very small reasonably intelligent grey mouse to ride it we'll let him play in painting required tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:59 pm

I just wish he'd use his powers for good and do something we all can benefit from.

Like getting Chick-fil-a to open on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Let's all agree that if Brent makes a fully operational miniature orc bike and breeds a very small reasonably intelligent grey mouse to ride it we'll let him play in painting required tournaments.

I'll do it
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Martin wrote:
I just wish he'd use his powers for good and do something we all can benefit from.

Like getting Chick-fil-a to open on Sunday.

Hmmmmmmmm? Use my powers for good, I don't know I've invested a lot in this being evil thing.
Back to top Go down
ecurb12

ecurb12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Wow lol how did this topic get 3 pages of replies, it's simple you shouldent have to have painted models to play in a tournament
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:53 pm

ecurb12 wrote:
Wow lol how did this topic get 3 pages of replies, it's simple you shouldent have to have painted models to play in a tournament

I thought you were srs until I moused over the www link..
Back to top Go down
ecurb12

ecurb12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 pm

No disreguard the link, 4chan isn't even that funny, but I don't see why there is a requirement
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 pm

read the earlier stuff people are not going to repeat themselves again
Back to top Go down
darwinn69

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:22 pm

I used to agree with the no painting requirement. I thought that since tournaments are more competitive using painting as a judge to who wins the best prizes isn't exactly fair to thoes who just plain don't have the skill to paint thing well enough.

Honistly I have a different perspective now coming from Adepticon. Lets face it, in any huge tournament where lots of prizes are on the line you have to have a painted army, and you have to have a beautifully painted army if you want to win more than an army box worth of stuff. Scooter and Lincon won a ton of stuff for placing first and second in the fantisy tournament. However, the person who won best overall ended up with much bigger prize. Lets face it, if the majority of TO's require you to have painting to get prizes then why not have a painted army.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm

darwinn69 wrote:
I used to agree with the no painting requirement. I thought that since tournaments are more competitive using painting as a judge to who wins the best prizes isn't exactly fair to thoes who just plain don't have the skill to paint thing well enough.

Honistly I have a different perspective now coming from Adepticon. Lets face it, in any huge tournament where lots of prizes are on the line you have to have a painted army, and you have to have a beautifully painted army if you want to win more than an army box worth of stuff. Scooter and Lincon won a ton of stuff for placing first and second in the fantisy tournament. However, the person who won best overall ended up with much bigger prize. Lets face it, if the majority of TO's require you to have painting to get prizes then why not have a painted army.

and thats gay, your logic is analogous to saying all the other nations oppress human right so we should do it too
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:07 pm

its warhammer not peoples rights that is another topic how do you always go so far off topic???
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 pm

joko12 wrote:
its warhammer not peoples rights that is another topic how do you always go so far off topic???

does any one here have a ps3?
Back to top Go down
keith gatchalian

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:29 pm

quote]

and thats gay, your logic is analogous to saying all the other nations oppress human right so we should do it too[/quote]

The irony of that statement amuses me.
Back to top Go down
darwinn69

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:42 pm

No, I'm saying you give away $1000+ in prizes to one person you get to determine how it gets divvied up. If that includes painting you better play by their rules.

If you want to gripe about soft scores, such as painting, effecting the final results I think you have some merit to that argument, and I'll support you in that. But honistly, a "must be painted" requirement isn't all that hard to achieve so I can't honistly support that for any major tournament. As long as the club does a split between the two for the local stuff I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm

I agree but like you said the big tournaments require the painting and thats what I am gearing towards is the big tournaments that give away bigger prizes for people that have nice painted armies and that win the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

gay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm

What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
Gamesmith

Gamesmith

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 pm

What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 21
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 pm

dude where ever you are getting these pictures from most be a great site haha

and I guess brent does not like winning big prizes cause he thinks its gay haha
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 pm

i have a ps3!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 pm

I painted mine red so I'd always win at MW2
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 pm

haha
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 am

joko12 wrote:
dude where ever you are getting these pictures from most be a great site haha

and I guess brent does not like winning big prizes cause he thinks its gay haha

no i like winning, i don't like not winning cause i have better things to do than paint
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 am

and the ps3 is so much better than the xbox, my psn network take is rk0281 by the way
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm

ill add u..mine is md04wrx
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Quote :
no i like winning, i don't like not winning cause i have better things to do than paint

Just thought I should let you know that Lincoln and myself won tournaments in Chicago without a great paint job. Also there were several armies that looked like ass. Some were incredible. Brent I really think you should go to a different state and see what a fully painted tournament looks like the quality of players and armies are so much better. The problem is this if we don't start to do painted tournaments we will not be taken serious. I would like to think that were the only club having this issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Quote :

Aren't you unemployed? how many times can you masturbate in one day that you can't paint?
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 pm

o snap
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 5:35 pm

Quote :

Aren't you unemployed? how many times can you masturbate in one day that you can't paint?

5-10
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Brent wrote:
Quote :

5-10

Is that "Priming the Ultramarines"
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Martin wrote:
Brent wrote:
Quote :

5-10

Is that "Priming the Ultramarines"
yes
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 am

Brent maybe you should look at HeroClix - all pre-painted miniatures.
Back to top Go down
ecurb12

ecurb12

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:20 am

Xbox>ps3

PC>all
Back to top Go down
Jonny

Jonny

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 am

As creator of this topic, I request that it be locked, due to how horribly off-topic it has gone. This is no long a discussion of painting requirements, and instead is a discussion of video games and Brent masturbating. F***ing really, is that something you all want to talk about?
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 am

your wish is my command.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?   What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the point of painting requirements in tournaments?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3