Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs Park1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle

Go down 
+9
S-Low
Saint Omerville
ginger
Brent
Dameon
Lincoln
joko12
scooter
13 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle Empty
PostSubject: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok guys I was talking to Kaleb and he had a good idea. But it was just good I think we should make it great. We were thinking a full day for inner circle members tournaments all night and day. Kaleb selling food outside only inner circle member’s allowed.

Some of the ideas Kaleb selling food.
Tournaments fantasy and 40k
Painting competitions
Shirt giveaways
Raffles
Inner circle swag and Gw swag <---- paid for by the inner circle

we were thinking 50 dollars a person will pay for all the tournaments the swag for inner circle stuff and Gw stuff. It will also pay for your painting entree.

I'll see if we can get the place to stay open 24 hours Saturday into Sunday. As for the tournaments we don't know if we will go with gift cards or several small prizes. This is where it’s up to you do you guys like this idea or think it's a silly little girl.

Last edited by scooter on Mon May 17, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 pm

you're thinking this would be at GCS? have you talked to Matt yet?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:56 pm

bunker we need to sell food
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm

unless matt will let us sell food
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm

I was thinking maybe we could have a tree legged race
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:58 pm

or a egg spoone race thing i don't know what thats called
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:15 pm

I just think it's funny that for all your vitriol about the bunker and effort to support GCS the ability to sell food ends up outweighing all of that.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 pm

bunker would be better and yes I think its a good idea tournaments all night 5 rounds would be cool or you could make it a team thing again with the teams having one guy in fantasy and one guy in 40k
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

I also would prefer to have this at the Bunker. I prefer the cleaner gaming area.

I like the idea of an "Inner Circle Only" game day, However I also like the idea of a 20 man $50.00 tournament for $500.00 first place, $250.00 second place and $125.00 third place also (different Tournament I guess). Even I'd play 40k for $500.00!!!

And no, I don't think everyone should get a prize at a tournament. We're having a tournament not a charity banquet.

my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Quote :
I just think it's funny that for all your vitriol about the bunker and effort to support GCS the ability to sell food ends up outweighing all of that.

It is ment to be a whole day thing all night to Matt has told us he cant do this because of there need to pay him to stay. I'm not going to put any dollar tawards this then i have to. If i can get the bunker to stay open for free for us then thats what I'll do. Just a side note some of us don't like to point out what makes one place a better place then the other to hold events. It is true I'm not liking the situation at the bunker any more then the next person. But the bunker will give us prize support for us being there. If you can get the same deal from Matt a saturday into sunday for inner circle memmbers and no one else unless they pay to enter then cool thats awsome but i don't think he can. Please be constructive and tell me why we should do it at one place over the other.

Quote :
And no, I don't think everyone should get a prize at a tournament. We're having a tournament not a charity banquet.

Agree!

Quote :
I like the idea of an "Inner Circle Only" game day, However I also like the idea of a 20 man $50.00 tournament for $500.00 first place, $250.00 second place and $125.00 third place also (different Tournament I guess). Even I'd play 40k for $500.00!!!

we will all dicide what the prizes should be i was thinking no matter what to make sure this tournamnet dosen't get ultra competative. so everyone will have fun we can have a I'm a better player then you tournament on another day and if people who cant win and know they cant win would like to put up 50$ to play well thats on them.

I was more thinking a day we all can get together and have allot of fun. but we have allot of time befor then.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 am

If we can get some more details on how the tournaments will work that would probably be good to know,

Cause if not 50 bucks to just stay there and hangout is kinda high especially when we have to buy food too, but I do really like the idea of hangingout all day,

And the bunker is much more spacious place to play at and like you said Kaleb can cook his food there, he can't do that at Games and Stuff

And I think prizes should def be gift cards so people can get their own stuff they want
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

sounds interesting, agree w/ more details...

Also, maybe pull a Mike (Showcase)

Do 1 - 3 prizes overall, best painted (damn dark angels!), sport, etc
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-legion.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 am

I think it's a big 'if' to see if the Bunker will eat the cost of staying open, particularly if it's not one of their corporate events or in any way 'exclusive' to club members. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised.

Let's say for the sake of argument that GCS's costs up until the point where the store is closed are their own, and that the entry cost for the event would cover the 'rental' of the space at GCS (including staff time), tournament prizes, food and club profit:

Keep in mind I'm just making up numbers to see what it would look like:

15 hours (9pm - 12noon) of one staff member at say 20 bucks an hour = $300
Space, electricity, heating etc = $150
Pizza for 40 people = $150

Space and Food Subtotal = $600

2 tournaments with $100 grand prizes and 4 $50 secondary prizes = $600
Other Prize support (trophies etc) = $100

Prizes Subtotal = $700

GCS Event Total = $1300

So you'd need to clear $1300 bucks to break even. Let's assume the 32 people that showed up to our last tournament are a fair estimate of attendance (though I suspect not given the travel and families involved).

$40 admission per person to break even. If you charged $50 you'd clear $300 bucks for the club.

I don't believe that GW would 'rent' you the bunker for free (but I could be wrong), the main difference at that point is staff costs, which I imagine would actually be higher at the bunker since they'd have to keep two people on duty (though they might give you the space for free, in which case it's break even).

Another thing is that GCS might be more flexible about working out other arrangements like if you gave gift cards then any transaction totals above the Gift Cards amount come off the 'rental' fee or even the staff time.

If the bunker 'gives' you free prize support they'll give you whatever product is sitting around in the back (which I think Joko is right is a less attractive prize).

If you have it at the bunker you preclude the possibility of there being any other players but GW players. If you had it at GCS you could open the club up to a wider variety of players and games (the ostensible purpose of the club) and you can run a variety of events, rather than slogging through 12 hours of 40k tournaments.

It's an interesting idea, but before you go too much farther down the road on this you might want to get a real sense of expected attendance.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm

i agree with what mike said, it would be nice to have some war machine, and we could include food in the entry cost just add 10 or 15 bucks to the cost, but i guess if there is a significant difference in the prize support offer by the two locations that could change things, but as a last thought is the bunker ever going to be there in september
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

sound cool
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:21 am

The bunker has never charged for a tournament and usually pulls 2-3 all nighter events each year. I am sure they'd be happy to arrange something. So if we get free space, that's 300.00 more dollars for prize support.

I think you just want to play Warmachine, and you know that's not allowed at the Bunker. Which is fine. Just realize most people would prefer to play Fantasy and 40k.

Sounds pretty crazy to pay a game store $300.00 to use a "game" room for an event. I think the Staff "charge" is laughable_ If Matt or the other employees are part of the "Inner Circle" I'm sure they'd like to hang out as much as we do. Why would you have to pay your friends to hang out and play games with you?

You forget retail stores need people "in" their store to sell stuff. Tournaments, fun days, whatever... do that. Our attendance is payment enough for everything - including prize support.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Food should never be included in the entry cost!!! Let people buy what they want. If Kaleb wants to sell food out side that is the best thing to do, but forcing people to pay extra so they can get food is really dumb to me.

And I agree with Lincoln getting charged for a gaming room that is dead space unless someone is up there is really dumb.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 pm

it would be nice to play some war machine

Last edited by Brent on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:36 pm

I AM DOWN.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 pm

I think Crystal and Brent's girlfriend should hold a bake sale for the club at our next tournament. What's better than Warhammer? Warhammer with chocolate cake.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am

Good point’s guy this is a far out idea I'll talk to both people about it and find out what we can do. And Just to set the story strait Kaleb will not be the only person with food from now on the inner circle needs to make the money next time. That means everyone helping out to make things for the next tournament. Details on the tournament set up to come guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 am

Just for comparison's sake: a similarly sized hotel meeting room with food provided for a two day event is 300-400$ rental. Obviously there are other costs like table rental and the trucks and time to move everything, but still, in the ballpark.
Back to top Go down
S-Low

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Erm, I like Lincoln but maybe not the big prize idea. I would not play in a tournament for a $500 dollar prize. Too much competition and not enough fun.

The whole idea is obviously atractive but I doubt you could get a 30+ people considering the all-night format of the event, which not everyone will be down for. So I would expect a smaller (20? You would know better than me) headcount when pricing things out. 40-50 bucks sounds like the upper limit of what you could charge before it starts limiting the number of participants. I would budget things out, in my opinion, with the following priorities.
-Pay for space/other fees of tournament
-Food
-Prizes

I don't think most people (maybe just me lol) come to a tournament for the prizes first and formost and in the same vein I can't see many people choosing to avoid an otherwise atractrive tournament simply becasue the prizes wern't that great.

Would this be club members only? I mean, that is no issue for me since I need to formally sign up anyway but I know a good number of players who you guys do not that I could get to come . Beyond myself, probably 4-12 dudes who ya'll have never seen before, largely variable on people being busy and crap like that. So that might help.

Sounds like a great idea and the next step would be to look at our three viable location options: Bunker, Hotel, G and S then get back to us and let us know.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 pm

the $500.00 prize tournament is NOT meant for the Inner Circle Fun day, just the original idea Scooter morphed into the IC Fun Day. In fact I'd prefer it to be mostly non-IC members - so I don't feel bad when I take their money. muhaha!
Back to top Go down
hannah

hannah

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 am

so what day are you planing to do this
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 am

SEPT somthing good to see you hannah
Back to top Go down
hannah

hannah

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm

yeah i know but i dont think ill be able to come to that one though i might be in combat traning
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:10 am

now that is one thing i don't think i would have ever...... You should sell tickets I know alot of people that would pay to watch you go thou basic. can i come out? Shocked
Back to top Go down
minlwintun

minlwintun

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 am

Wow they should have cast Hannah instead of Nick Cage in that new Movie coming out called Kick Ass!
I'd pay for that.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 am

ah, i am reading the graphic novel now, mark millar is all ways a good read, at least so far
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm

BTW saw a sneak preview of kick-ass lastnight, two thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-legion.blogspot.com/
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Yeah from paintball experience she can be a bit deadly...even more so if she's coming out of a bunker 0.0
Back to top Go down
hannah

hannah

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm

hey now thats not fair it was my first time............ and scooter what is that mean you dont think i can do it
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 am

you know that I've told you that But good luck
Back to top Go down
hannah

hannah

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm

your so nice
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 am

and how can we do a club exclusive event at a public store, the bunker won't turn people away at the door?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:10 am

that was sort of my point from last week.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:54 am

they us to have a club only monday every monday so why wouldn't they let us have the store for one day. Plus more details are to come.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 am

IIRC it wasn't BMGC only on Mondays. If you weren't part of the club you just signed in when you got there. However I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm

can we only play with unpainted models and still win best painted/overall cause if not I wont be there anyways Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Woooo! Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle   1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle Empty

Back to top Go down

1st annual HAPPY FUN DAY hosted by the Inner Circle
Page 1 of 1