Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkI'm going to build a custom pitch Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

I'm going to build a custom pitch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy

Chrispy

I'm going to build a custom pitch Empty
PostSubject: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 am

Another custom pitch, to be more accurate. Any design related ideas?

Tonight I'm going to look for a terrain mat to cut to size. After that, I'll mount it to a piece of poster board, and draw the lines in.

Also, for coaches who need help on measurements, let me know if you have a custom pitch of your own in the works. I'd be happy to help!
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 am

I'm strongly considering a construction project.
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:34 am

I live in a small apartment, and have access to neither tools nor supplies. I've never really worked with carpentry tools other than what's in my IKEA set (hammer and screw-driver).

If I could, I'd make pitches out of MDF that fold up and can be transported. As it is... no dice.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:51 am

You can't go wrong with astrogranite.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Ugh, god, don't make me dock you Gold Pieces, Jack.
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:15 pm

You could look at something like a latex mat from Zuzzy miniatures (www.zuzzy.com). Take a mat, cut it to size, paint it properly, and then draw on the lines. Or you could stencil on the lines.

Hrm, I might have to try that myself!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm

I found a Woodland Scenics mat for $11 that is the right size for one pitch. Now some MDF!
Back to top Go down
Commissar Gor

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:35 am

I saw a game store that made their own pitch and it was outstanding. Not only did they have fans in the bleachers, but they enlarged the pitch slightly so that the "Big Guys" bases would fit into squares. Big Guys bases over-hang the standard squares and that sometimes causes a crowding problem with other models (especially if a couple Big Guys are beside each other). Making the squares larger made the game much easier to run. If you do enlarge your pitch remember to enlarge the templates accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 am

Good call. I'm not sure if I like full 40mm squares, though, since one runs into the problem that you just mentioned: none of the templates work properly. This to me is huge, and for club pitches, I'd prefer to make boards that anyone can use their own "tools" for. For a private showcase pitch? Oh yes, 40mm, baby!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to build a custom pitch   I'm going to build a custom pitch Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm going to build a custom pitch
Page 1 of 1