Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkWhat is this stuff??? Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
What is this stuff??? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
What is this stuff??? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
What is this stuff??? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
What is this stuff??? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
What is this stuff??? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
What is this stuff??? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
What is this stuff??? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
What is this stuff??? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
What is this stuff??? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

What is this stuff???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joko12

joko12

What is this stuff??? Empty
PostSubject: What is this stuff???   What is this stuff??? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:02 pm

So I don't know what this game is but it looks kinda cool,

Also whats the differnce between hordes and warmachine??? I am completely new to this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jonny

Jonny

PostSubject: Re: What is this stuff???   What is this stuff??? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Warmachine and Hordes are two halves of the same same, unlike Warhammer, where fantasy and 40k are two completely different game systems. So the core rules are the same, the only difference is how the casters in the games work. In both games, your army is lead by either a Warcaster (for Warmachine) or a Warlock (for Hordes), who is accompanied by their battlegroup. The battlegroup is composed of either Warjacks (for Warmachine) or Warbeasts (for Hordes).

In Warmachine, your caster has "Focus" which they can use to cast spells, or he can give them to his Warjacks to make them better. The Focus replenishes at the begining of each turn.

In Hordes, your caster uses "Fury". Unlike "Focus", in order for the Warbeasts to do awesome stuff like the Warjacks, instead of giving them Focus, you force them to do whatever it is your trying to do. Think it as your Warlock smacking their beast with a mental whip and ordering it to smash somebodies face it. Forcing Warbeasts builds up Fury, which at the beginning of your turn, the Warlock can leach fury off of his Warbeasts to use for themselves. Any Warbeast with fury still on it after your Warlock leaches fury has a chance to frenzy, which isn't good. Fury doesn't replenish on its own, you need to leach to do it.

So, Focus manipulation is more of "Resource Management" and Fury Manipulation is more-so "Risk Management".
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is this stuff???   What is this stuff??? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 am

So which one do people play more??? Because I was thinking about starting a cool looking troll army
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this stuff???   What is this stuff??? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 am

You can play them against each other, and they're well balanced against each other. Play which models look the coolest for you and you can find opponent on our regular tuesday nights, most friday nights, and starting soon, at monthly tournaments at GCS. Most tournaments will be open to both Hordes and Warmachine factions to play in (though the one on the 28th is not for various reasons)

One thing to keep in mind, though it should NOT stop you from playing Trolls (who I think are awesome) is that the 'official rules' for the Trolls models are, at the moment, only available via free pdf download from the PP site, since they're in the midst of an edition change. Warmachine has already made this change, and so all the new rulebooks reflect the new rules and they're in the midst of completing the publishing update to all the books for the game. (unlike GW where some armies never get updated for a new edition).

I can run demo games for you if you like tomorrow (assuming I dig out our car) or we can schedule at time to meet to do that.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: What is this stuff???   What is this stuff??? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm

well if I can ever drive again I would like a demo haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this stuff???   What is this stuff??? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is this stuff???
Page 1 of 1