Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkClub Events for February Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Club Events for February EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Club Events for February EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Club Events for February EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Club Events for February EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Club Events for February EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Club Events for February EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Club Events for February EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Club Events for February EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Club Events for February EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Club Events for February

Go down 
+5
Jonny
CaUTIoN
Gamesmith
Papa Nurgle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Papa Nurgle

Papa Nurgle

Club Events for February Empty
PostSubject: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

I thought I would put up a tentative schedule for our Inner Circle Gaming Club nights here at Games and Stuff. If anyone does not like what you see here, post below and we will look to make changes. If you do like it, let us know below and come see us on our gaming Tuesdays...

All of February - Inner Circle Mini-Daemons Round 1 (Stolen from Scooter)

This is going to be sweet. Essentially a Inner Circle Golden Daemon Painting contest.

Every one that wants to participate please let Scooter or Matt at GCS know. This is going to go for the month of February. Judging will take place at the end of the month. It will be our first in house painting competition. The prize will be the total of the entry fees we collect in gift card form minus some expenses. We will also be buying a trophy for the person with the best model.

For this competition you can paint whatever size single model from either WarMachine, Hordes, WarHammer 40K or WarHammer Fantasy. There are no separate categories.

Rules

1) New model i.e. has not been worked on. Now yes I know that there is no way to know if a person has started their model or not, without collecting receipts. So I'm hoping no one wants to win so bad they resort to cheating.

2) Must be completely finished and turned in by the club night on Feb 16th (though you can drop it off early).

3) Any amount of conversion is acceptable.

4) Any model from any current 35mm wargaming system is acceptable: WarMachine, Hordes, WarHammer 40K or WarHammer Fantasy.

5) Entry fee of 5 dollars, paid when you submit your model.

6) Anybody can participate.

Get the word out so people know this is going on, if you're planning on participating let Matt at G&S or Scooter know. If we get enough interest in this it will grow also the more people who do this the bigger the prize is.

Judging for this event will be done the best way I know how. Everyone that paints a model, and all the people that show up on Feb 23rd can cast a vote for their favorite model. You cannot vote for yourself.

We will have Matthew collect the entries. He will collect your votes and tally them up. G&S will be displaying them to generate more interest in the club, so put forth your best effort.

Remember this it is supposed to be fun so let’s keep it that way. If you have any questions please fill free to ask.

February 2nd - Hobby Night; come get your paint and modeling on. Bring your stuff to model and paint and be ready to offer advice and compliments to those around who are wowed by your painting, modeling, and converting prowess. If painting or modeling is not your thing, join us for Kill teams - Infantry edition

Rules are simple

1) Nothing with an armor value.
2) 500 points
3) You can take an HQ no more than 2 wounds he can have a 2+ armor save no higher than a 4+ invuln
4) You must take 2 troop choices
5) No choice that cost more than 250 points.

0-1 HQ
2+ troops
0-1 elite
0-1 fast
0-1 heavy

We will still be using the 3 objectives in the center of the table for scoring (This is Scooters stuff, he is so smart so I had to steal it from him).

February 9th and 16th - 40K rolls on with 1850 Night. Bring your 1850 point army for 40K to take on a challenger. This starts at 6PM, giving you roughly 3 hours to defeat your opponent. Remember this is NOT A TOURNAMENT, merely a group of friends getting together and playing so bring things you like, that you have not tried before, or that really strange army you have not had a chance to try yet (I'm thinking my all female Imperial Guard). Remember that if you do not want to game there is plenty of room to paint or play something else.

February 23rd - One last Night of 40K 1850 and our judging of the Inner Circle First Ever Painting Competition. Please be there and bring all you gaming friends to vote on the best miniature in our contest.

So let us know what you think of this schedule. If you like it I am thinking March should follow pretty closely to this but instead of 40K we do Fantasy stuff. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Gamesmith

Gamesmith

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 pm

I have a model I want to enter. I haven't started yet but want to start this weekend. I have a picture of it here:

Club Events for February Mad_do12

I plan on starting it this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Papa Nurgle

Papa Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Looks great! paint it up and get it in here.

Matthew---
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Matt, don't know if this is the right thread, but you might want to post the rest of GCS' events schedule for feb somewhere. I'm thinking like the worldwake release and your warmachine event on the 27th.
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 pm

for the entires i'd be willing to bring mine by ahead of time but then wouldnt be able to use it in games till after judgeing. how's that part working?
Back to top Go down
Jonny

Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm

All female Guard army? What did you make it out of? I would like to see this now. I'm intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Gamesmith

Gamesmith

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 am

Matt, don't know if this is the right thread, but you might want to post the rest of GCS' events schedule for feb somewhere. I'm thinking like the worldwake release and your warmachine event on the 27th.

I thought the warmachine event was on the 28th?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:59 am

It's either that saturday or sunday, I'm actually not sure.
Back to top Go down
Gamesmith

Gamesmith

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:21 pm

It's Sunday thankfully. I checked the facebook post with the calendar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm very much looking forward to this tourney. One nice thing about Wm is it's fast enough to play all the rounds you'd need to.
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 am

Alright, boys…excited for the Mini-Daemons. Was this event pushed back? I thought the entries were due the weekend. At any rate, I am entering a model, not sure which yet…Scylla Anfingrim, Eldar Shadowseer or Vostroyan Squad Leader? Help me decide…
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 am

Scylla
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Scylla it is...
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:09 pm

anna enter my tyranid prime, but my trygon is better so no point entering both when one would stomp my other one....trygon it is. aye when do we need to have the model and money there by?
Back to top Go down
Papa Nurgle

Papa Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

The latest models can be turned in for the painting contest is the 16th. The models will be on display here at the store for a week and we vote on them the 23rd. The WarMachine event will be the 28th. If anyone has any concerns about anything on this list feel free to PM me, call me at the store, or chat with me on game night (Tuesdays).
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 am

Yo.
I know I have been out of the loop for about 2 months, but I will be at G&S on the 9th.
I will have 1850 with me.
BUT, I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to show me how to use greenstuff.
Any takers?

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:18 am

I will no problem
Back to top Go down
Papa Nurgle

Papa Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm

So will I, no problem.
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:17 am

Sorry guys, I was unable to make it yesterday.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 pm

nobody did, or didn't you notice the huge snowstorm. I think GCS closed at like 6pm
Back to top Go down
Papa Nurgle

Papa Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Yes, sorry gang but we did close early due to the weather and we will not be open today and possibly even tomorrow. Keep a watch on our facebook and twitter sites for more info as it becomes available.

Matthew (from home)...
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I assumed they were closed.
I was busy fighting 695 and 70...

-Mike
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:29 am

Hey guys, I just dropped my figure over at G&S for the painting competition and I was so far the only one! Just a reminder, get your entries in by this Tuesday, Feb 16th. I wanna see that Mad Doc, Marc, and CaAtIon, bring on your tyranids!

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 am

Will people make it out tonight? I plan to, with WM, wondering if anybody else is planning on coming?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 am

i'll be there till 615ish we need to put all the bashtins together also i was wondering how many people want to have a nerf gun fight next tuesday?
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am

Bring your entries to the painting competition guys. I don't want to win because I was the only entry.
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 am

doubt I will make it, work is a B*&*&, more then normal due to the snow...
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-legion.blogspot.com/
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 pm

i'm in route now, just got home from working letting the dogs out so i'll be there by 6:30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Events for February   Club Events for February Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Events for February
Page 1 of 1