Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkTyranids WYSIWYG? Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Tyranids WYSIWYG?

Go down 
+5
Brent
CaUTIoN
Lincoln
Fallen O1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fallen O1

Fallen O1

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 am

What is the ruling on Tyranid models with the WYSIWYG rule? My Tyranid models and bio-weapons are always WYSIWYG but what about other bio-morph upgrades such as Adrenalin Glands and Toxic sacs. Were as bio-weapons can be easily pinned to switch them out, smaller upgrade items such as Adrenalin Glands and Toxic sacs can't be done. So if I came in with Hormagaunt models with toxin sacs glued on but didn't purchase them point wise or vise versa where I payed the points for them but don't have them modeled with toxin sacs would this be restricted? Of course I would inform my opponent about it before the game starts.

-Jason
Back to top Go down

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:57 am

That kind of stuff I think is fine. I know as an opponent I wouldn't even think to look for the little upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:01 am

Nids are one of the few exception races to WYSIWYG in my opinion. There are too many changeable options from game to game. As long as the model is correct I'd have no problem with add-on biomorphs.
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:55 pm

and models without visiable upgrades you could easily say they evolved with them INSIDE thier bodies to protct those vital glands and sacs ;P
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 am

in the new book, this should not be an issue
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 am

still could become an issuse with adrenal glands, toxin sacs, and the few models with carapace upgrades.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:17 am

If you can magnetize everything
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 pm

toxin sacs and most glands are to small for magnets =(. to small to even pin in most cases
Back to top Go down

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 pm

right, plus, who looks that closely, and/or is that good at recognizing those additions from across the table.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 4:15 am

i would just put them on the model, easier to say that it's on the figure and you didn't buy it than the other way around
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:03 pm

<----modeling those upgrade on a "what looks better on this model" basis. hobby first IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 9:59 pm

I approve of this plan.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 am

I'll give you a toxin sack to play with.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:40 am

^
|
|
|
|
you are a toxic sack
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 pm

all game is the way to be
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:00 pm

My old tyranid army I just put all that stuff on them and just told the people before I played what they had because like brent said it would suck to paint up the model and then need or want some other thing and not have it for a battle
Back to top Go down
CaUTIoN

CaUTIoN

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm

thats why tyranids are GREAT, glands and sacs are very easy to say "they are inside the alien so yea they have them" or another game nope they don't have them. if thier visiable then they definatly have them. thats the great thing about rapidly evolving alien IMO.

i happen to like the sculpting/painting part more. keeps me busy at home, and is pretty rewarding seeing your army fully painted to a high standard. the same reason i'll always own hard copies of my movies brent lol. i'm just old school hardcore like that.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 am

Ok I've read this post and waited for someone to say it but no one ever dose. When you’re playing in a tournament and you go to do something you can to easily say no that wasn't the unit with ________ this was. We all know tournament players have to win the game and not forcing people to do WYSIWYG you open it up to too many gay things. Now I know it's allot of painful sculpting and stuff, and I personally don't really care I'm just letting you know you can get away with allot if you don't put the glands and sacks on a model.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 am

I love getting away with a lot. MUAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:58 am

We know cheater
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 pm

to quote a famous ginger - "if you ain't cheatin you aint tryin"
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:51 pm

This is true you better watch out god is watching my beautiful friend I wouldn't want you losing your golden ticket over a game
Back to top Go down
Fallen O1

Fallen O1

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm

The reason for this subject was that My tyranid army always fluxuates with upgrades depeinding on what kind of list im using. Other armies only really have diffrent weapon options and this is an easy task to accomidate for. As I stated before my Tyranids bio-weapons are always WYSIWYG but with Tyranids you have more than just diffrent weapon options. The majority of them have multiple bio-morph upgrades and GW made pysical modeling parts for these upgrades. Now like some people do is they might pin their models incase they want or do not want those upgrades for a game. But with Tyranid bio-morph upgrades there parts are far to small to pin. Units with the option to upgrade with bio-morphs usually have two or more possible upgrade options.

Lets take Hormagaunts for example. They can have both Adrenal Glands and/or Toxin sacs. If someone who likes to use these units chages their list all the time with upgrades there are 4 possibilities. So if they had to do WYSIWYG with this units thats alot of models you would have to buy and to paint to get all the diffrent options.

The question is with Tyranid Bio-morphs (not bio-weapons) have a little flexability with the WYSIWYG rule?

1. The parts are to small to pin and there are multiple combinations of upgrades.
2. You always get to look at your opponents list before the game.
3. With me if there is something that's there or not there on the models I ALWAYS let my opponent know.
4. With me if I have multple broods with the same Bio-weapons they always have the same bio-morph upgrades aswell to avoid confusing during the game.

-Jason
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 pm

My thoughts go like this for bio-MORPHS: back in the day when most armies actually had to buy their frag grenades (& in the case of Orks still do if you want to bother with it), it was never expected that they had to be modeled. I would consider biomorphs to be under this category. If you're worried that someone might gripe at you, make ~2-3 gaunts with each of the upgrades. If your unit is going to be using them, include the appropriately morphed gaunts among a bunch of plain gaunts. You could even do just 1 guy. If you don't have extra models for this, then don't even worry about it.

Bioweapons will of course always have to be modeled. If all of your spinegaunts now want to be termagaunts again, start ripping off arms...
Back to top Go down
darwinn69

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

If you put one model with toxic sacks right next to another model without toxic sacs I don't think anyone other than a tyranid player would notice. In my personal opinion, for Weapon loadouts you really need WYSIWYG, but minor upgrades it really doesn't matter as much so long as you are very clear about what upgrades each squad has and have a clearly written list handy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids WYSIWYG?   Tyranids WYSIWYG? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyranids WYSIWYG?
Page 1 of 1