Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkRules Question regarding Tourney Saturday Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday

Go down 
+2
Saint Omerville
Gamesmith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gamesmith

Gamesmith

Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 am

Hi,

Regarding Jaws of the World Wolf Space Wolves psychic power. In it's rules, it states the following:

Quote :
As a psychic shooting attack, the Rune Priest may trace a
straight line along the board, starting from the Rune Priest
and ending 24ยท away.

Since it was stated that it is a psychic shooting attack, am I allowed a cover, armor, and or invulnerable saves? How will this be ruled at the tourney this weekend? Thanks.

Marc
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am

Avatar is the TO, so he can overrule me, but in general the following applies.
Since the model is removed from play, no wounds are taken, hence no saves apply.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 am

romoved from play = no saves allowed so no cove armor,or invulm
Back to top Go down
Gamesmith

Gamesmith

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I thought the same but I wanted the clarification from TO. Thank you both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes that's the way it works.

It's essentially a RAI interpretation though since GW's system isn't robust enough to account for the vagaries of language that way. (contrast to Warmachine where not only is removed from play specifically defined, but there are three explicit steps to death, and effects that can occur at each one).
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:11 am

This power is hotly debated on the internet. One thing that we should rule in advance is whether the caster needs to see his target. You have a lot of space wolf players trying to claim they don't need to see the target.

However, as a psychic shooting attack, it follows all the rules for shooting so you would need to see your target for it to work (targets being anyone hit by the line).

Also as a shooting attack you can't shoot JoWW into an assault.

Is this how you guys would rule it?
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:25 am

Agree to the second part.

As for the first part I would imagine you would need to see the first target of your attack. However if the line you draw happens to hit someone or something you can't see. Well that’s call collateral damage and it happens.

I would say that you cannot target something you cannot see thou what do you all think 1 day till the tournament we need to get this down?
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:37 pm

I think since it's a shooting a attack you should get cover just like any other shooting attack. if you miss cover save then off the table you go....

also if it hits combat, the hits should be randomized - possibly hurting both players units.
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Unfortunately, this shooting attack has no target and causes no wounds.
The implication of no target is that no LOS applies.
Since no saves are caused, no saves apply.
This is a truly nasty power.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:12 pm

doesn't make sense. If you are removing it from play it is obviously destroyed. if it is destroyed then it's wounds are gone. No wordsmithing... too bad GW sucks at making rules easy to understand. When in doubt do what seems reasonable - if a model is "removed" from the table it must be dead, therefore it's wounds are ALL gone. When all saves are denied it usually says "no saves of any kind" - it does not say this about the attack. Also a cover save means that interfering terrain must have taken the hit instead of your model. So this great big 24 inch nasty line must have hit the roof.... good thing my model was in cover or he'd have lost all his wounds, would be dead and would be removed from play.

if I play SW you will get a cover save against this attack - in my opinion doing otherwise would just be cheesy and if you wanna play cheesy you should be playing daemons.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

This debate could go on forever. GW needs to FAQ it and I personally would ban JoWW until they do but anyway here's my point of view on this power.

1)JoWW does have a target(s) and its those that are affected by the line. I don't see how this power doesn't have a target. It's an attack. Attacks have targets. It certainly feels like your models are getting targetted when you are at the receiving end of this power.

2)The rules for psychic shooting attacks still apply. The JoWW entry does not say anything about this power ignoring any of the normal rules for psychic shooting attacks. Nowhere in the rules for JoWW and psychic shooting attacks does it say that LOS is ignored. The thing is, we can show in the rules exactly where it states you need LOS (in the rules for psychic shooting attacks, pg 50 ) whereas proponents of the no-LOS-needed-camp cannot show in writing where it states this power ignores LOS. (I know what you are going to say but ignoring terrain does necessarily mean ignoring LOS)

3) I agree with you that since no wounds are caused, you can't make any kind of saves. Cover, invuln or armor.

Lincoln, you are too kind. I hope I meet players like you at every game!
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday   Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules Question regarding Tourney Saturday
Page 1 of 1