Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs Parkbattle between juggernauts 2 Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

battle between juggernauts 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

battle between juggernauts 2 Empty
PostSubject: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Joe is sending me his List this is not done just wanted to post what I got so far.

Sorry for the long wait; Round 2 of the battle between juggernauts. The game War Of The Ring points 2000. The players involved scooter playing Easterlings VS. Joe Need playing eleven kingdom.

This is a breakdown of the 2 lists in the game. Joe I lost your lest can you please-mail me it of give it to me when you get a chance.

Scooters list Total
Easterling cohorts 4 companies 120points 240 points

Captain/Banner/Dragon knight 120 points

Easterling cohorts 3 companies 90 points 140 points

Knight/ Pikes 50 points

Easterling archer cohorts 2 companies 70 points 70 points

Easterling Kataphrakt cohort 3 companies 105 points 175 points

Knight/ banner 70 points

Easterling Kataphrakt cohort 3 companies 105 points 175 points

Knight/ banner 70 points

Half trolls 2 companies 190 points 200 points

Two handed weapons 10 points

Corsair Arbalesters 3 companies 75 points 125 points

Captain 50 points

Khandish Charioteers *3 300 points 450 points

King 150 points

Amdur Lord Of Blades 165 points

Khamul The Easterling 125 points

The undying 125 points

1990 points total

Pros
1) 19 might
2) Lots of troops with D(7) or (6)
3) All but 3 of my drops can charge turn 1 no mater wear you hide
4) 2 mastery lvl 3 casters
5) Good amount of good shooting
6) 3 monsters (chariots)
7) Knights for killing infantry
8 ) Troops for wounds for my casters and heroes
9) Pikes for their cavalry
10) 3 blocks with resiliency 2
11) Troops that wound on better then a 5 or 6
12) 6 terror causing units
13) High fight in my Dragon knights

All in all my army is an all comers list very well rounded not all my points are in any one area. I have shooting, speed, magic, and plenty of might to issue challenges with.

Cons

1) No way to get more might
2) Can really stop spells from targeting my units
3) If I challenge and don’t kill the hero I challenged I can never try again with the same Dragon knight.
4) Most of my army will only wound on a 6, unless I get of strength of corruption.
5) I have limited epic actions I can call.
6) My courage on my bass models is not that high.

Tactics

My goal with this army is to get into your face as fast as I can, limit the amount of shooting, and magic that can be directed at my army. With at least cordage 4 in all my units, most of them should be able to do the job. I have Dragon knights in each one of my units. With fight 7 I again should be able to kill most heroes in a duel. Now I’m playing a heavy hero army with lots of shooting and epic shoots going of each turn. They also have an ability that stops me from shooting there big blocks unless I’m within 12 inches of them.

Game Type and Set Up

Objective: Seize prize
Deployment: Shield walls

Terrain

We played with 2 hills 2 tree templates and a grave yard.
The trees could hold 3 companies while being occupied and the hills could hold 2.
Occupying terrain gives the unit inside of it plus 2 too your defiance.

The Game

I ended up winning priority and let Joe set up his army first and move first. In WOTR turns go like this
I move and cast magic, you move and cast magic
I shoot, you shoot
I charge, you charge Rinse and repeat.

The reason I deferred is simple. All my charges that turn will be done from outside of 8 inches so he will not be able to charge me. Also I can see where he moves his troops, making it easier for me to counter.

Round 1

Shooting Joe killed 2 Chariots and 5 knights
Scooter Killed 4 elves

Combat Easterlings failed a tear test so could not charge in.
Joe killed 1 knight and 3 warriors
Scooter killed 3 companies of elves

Round 2

I differed the option to go first again forcing Joe to show me all his moves again.

Shooting Joe killed 1 chariot and 3 more knights
Scooter killed 2 more elves

Combat Joe charges Scooters Half trolls with a ring wraith in it, and failed his terror test. He was compelled to use 2 might to complete the charge. He then declared a challenge against my ring wraith I ended up winning by 4, because I could use my might to declare an epic strike making my fight 10. His fight 7 I was 3 up on him before the roll off. I did 9 wounds to him. His resiliency is 2 so 4 roll on the chart “very hard to kill”. Scooter rolled a 1 followed by a 1 then another 1 and lastly a 5. Putting 2 wound counters on Glorfindel. After the Challenge was finished Joe did the rest of his attacks to my unit killing 7 trolls, and 2 warriors

Scooter charged Joes block of Elves they failed there terror test I killed 3 more companies of elves.

Round 3

Joe won priority this round and opted to go first he moved Radagast the brown to the unit in the back facing my block with Kamule and Amdur in it no doubt stopping me from charging him with Epic tranquility. I moved my half trolls to the flank of his unit with Lagolas, Seridan, and Halader in it.

Shooting Joe killed the rest of my knights
Scooter killed 5 more elves

Combat Joe kills3 trolls
Scooter kills 2 more companies of elves along with those companies goes Lagolas, Seridan, and Halader.

Round 4

I won priority and told Joe to go first he moved his remaining unit into the rocks to occupy them. I Surrounded them and attacked.

Final words

In total that was 3 failed terror tests so that leads me to believe terror maters.

In the end Scooter won this game claiming all 5 objectives. IMHO I surmise that taking that many points in heroes at a point coast of 2000points isn’t a good idea it allows me to out maneuver you and surround you leaving you no were to go. I still stand on the thought that the best way to play the game is to not over due your points in heroes or shooting or even combat. Stay tuned for the next installment of Games between Juggernauts.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 pm

At first when I saw you lost two chariots on the first turn it was not going well for you scooter guess it was because the combat did not really start yet, but sounds like it was well played. Whats next 40k between you guys???
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:30 am

yea I'm playing sisters of battle and he is playing noob bikers "cough" I mean knoob lol
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:56 am

to be fair Scooter, rolling as usual for me was not there, yes it can be a burden with that many characters, but on average rolls, Epic shot will destroy units at a time.

But, nice win and we will have to sort out 40k soon, 1-1 need that tie breaker!
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:04 am

This is very true eleven courage is I believe a 6 or 5 so you need to role 2 dice and meet a ten. So it goes 2 d 6 plus your courage add it together as long as it's a 10 you pass. Joe failed 3 tests this game. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

wow and sounds like its going to be a good 40k game maybe I will be able to watch this battle go down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battle between juggernauts 2   battle between juggernauts 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

battle between juggernauts 2
Page 1 of 1