Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkQuest for Middle Earth Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Quest for Middle Earth EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Quest for Middle Earth EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Quest for Middle Earth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cookjb

Quest for Middle Earth Empty
PostSubject: Quest for Middle Earth   Quest for Middle Earth EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:21 am

Quest for Middle Earth

I am working with the new Bowie Battle Bunker to organize an all day "Gamesday" like event for Lord of the Rings. There will be 12 or so 4 ft by 6 ft tables. I am thinking of having a hobbit/fellowship adventure in which players attempt to get as many of the hobbits/fellowship through a series of scenarios (barrow wights, weathertop, balin's tomb, etc.). I am thinking of having various pre-set games/scenarios that will include as many of the "races" (orcs, goblins, men,elves, dwarfs, etc.). I am also thinking of have a large Minas Tirith/Osgiliath Mega-battle.

I am also going to coordinate some hobby activities. These would include best painted model/armies , Armies on Parade, scenery clinic(s), etc.

There will be door prizes, pictures, good times and lots of fun.

The timing of this "gaming" day will be in the beginning of September. This is so that we can maximize the publicity of the event in the White Dwarf, Games Workshop stores, and Independent retailers.

I am posting this to judge REAL interest in coming to the Battle Bunker in Bowie, Maryland, US in September to play. I am also interested in anyone's ideas, comments, and concerns.

John Cook
Lords of Middle Earth
cookjb@mac.com
www.lordsofmiddleearth.com
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Middle Earth   Quest for Middle Earth EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

John - I'm afraid i don't have any more LOTR army stuff. I'd be happy to play a store army though. Smile
Back to top Go down
cookjb

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Middle Earth   Quest for Middle Earth EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 pm

The beauty of this gaming day is that people won't have to bring anything with them. The models will be provided. Thinking "gamesday" for the LOTR. Would you be interested in coming to this?

John
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Middle Earth   Quest for Middle Earth EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:30 am

There were some very good scenarios for running the fellowship through a series of linked events. These came out in the 3 movie books. We did them for months. Basically, you got to create your own fellowship, and try to get them through the series of 13 adventures. Very Hard, no one ever made it all the way, but quite fun. Test what you use. Need to be very quick and pretty easy, since you only have one day.

Megabattle for LOTR could take hours per turn. WOTR better, but you need to really clamp down on heroes and nasty magic or it will turn into a shitfest quickly. Basic units with generic heroes, and then you hand out the 'characters'. Too many characters in WOTR turns armies into one unit superheroes that can't die. YES, LOOKING AT YOU SCOOTERMOSNTER!!!) affraid affraid affraid

White Dwarf's schedule is already past september. You might be able to get into October at this point.

I still have my large evil army for WOTR. 3 formations of 72 mordor orcs, 1 of 48 moranon, 2 big blocks of wargs, bunch of trolls.
Back to top Go down
cookjb

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Middle Earth   Quest for Middle Earth EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 pm

For the mega-battle, my thought is more of a multi-player game with each player managing between 300 to 500 points. I have managed several mega-battles in tnis fashion with great success both in timing (10 or so minutes per turn) and entertainment value. In the past some people brought their own 500 pts to play. I hope this sparks some interest in what I am planning.

John Cook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Middle Earth   Quest for Middle Earth Empty

Back to top Go down

Quest for Middle Earth
Page 1 of 1