Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkSpecial play cards and wizards. Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Special play cards and wizards. EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Special play cards and wizards. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Special play cards and wizards.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack

Special play cards and wizards. Empty
PostSubject: Special play cards and wizards.   Special play cards and wizards. EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:39 pm

I have to say, I don't like the idea of including special play cards and wizards into the league, and had thought they weren't going to be included in the league at all.

They bring an even more random element into what can already be an extremely random game, and can counter good play with no skill whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: Special play cards and wizards.   Special play cards and wizards. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 am

For this season, they really are too expensive for most players to take. You need 150K to buy a wizard for a game. Special play cards are a little cheaper, but they don't really break the game, it seems.

I'd like to include them, but if they become too unwieldy or unbalanced, then we can remove them.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Special play cards and wizards.   Special play cards and wizards. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:27 am

I played with Death Zone for several seasons. There are entirely too many gotcha abilities in there. [e.g. You've moved within three squares of the board edge with the ball so I'll make you jump into the fans, or the ball carrier turns into a frog, and other such nonsense.]

I don't see them as being out of reach for long. I played a practice match with Kevin last week and had a $140,000 handicap.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: Special play cards and wizards.   Special play cards and wizards. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Look at it like this:

If your opponent is down by $150,000 he's probably down by a few players or by many many skills. If he's spending those inducements on a Wizard or a random event, you're probably better served than if he buys Team Rerolls or Star Players.

We were worried by fouling, and that didn't turn out to be a horrible detriment to the game. I believe that these inducements may effect one or two games, but they won't turn the match, or fix a coach who is making mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special play cards and wizards.   Special play cards and wizards. Empty

Back to top Go down

Special play cards and wizards.
Page 1 of 1