Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkGames Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?

Go down 
+13
CylonDave
Lincoln
Fosner1703
Brent
joko12
scooter
Saint Omerville
vonjankmon
Baneon
Martin
Gramps
Dameon
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Dameon

Dameon

Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? Empty
PostSubject: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
http://eternal-legion.blogspot.com/
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 am

While that is cool, I'm a bit bothered that it lists Bowie, MD as the location. Yay for being 60 minutes away from me. Still premature to venture if/where an actual location would be, but I'm hoping it's very close to I-95.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:13 am

Quote :
Physical Requirements

* Requires hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.

shit
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:00 am

That's kinda odd...I thought the whole point was to be more centralized between Baltimore and Washington. Though I guess it depends on where in Bowie it is.
Back to top Go down
vonjankmon

vonjankmon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:46 am

The location seems like a very poor choice to me. Bowie isn't really close to anyone and unless it's on the outter edge of Bowie there's not really any easy way to get there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

I have it on good authority from a number of people that the new location is in Bowie, I think on 197 somewhere. This is corroborating that rumor. Also, folks are already applying for the manager job, so it's probably happening this summer.
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 am

Bowie is "sort of" centrally located, more then anything I think GW did market research and saw that the East side of the Balt-Wash area is growing faster then the rest, hence the placement
Back to top Go down
vonjankmon

vonjankmon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Bowie has Fort Meade sitting above it basically cutting off any route to it from the north. You have to go south and then east around the Fort to get to it, and the most major route in and out is 197, which is not a quick road to go down.

Very much doubt I'll ever bother to go. Rather to go G&S or if I'm looking to drive a bit I'll drive an extra 20 min and hit Dream Wizards.
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 am

Word, I work in Bowie.
Games during lunch breaks...

Hell YEAH.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:55 am

it will be fine You'll see me there playing everyonce and a while
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 pm

martin i like the comment haha
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 am

why call it baltimore battle bunker when it's closer to DC odd
Back to top Go down
Fosner1703

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Here is where it is supposed to be.

Apparently it is the Old Alliance Comics location, if you know where that is. Not a bad drive for me. Just off 3, barely inside of Bowie. This is according to some sources over at DakkaDakka, and Duane is supposed to be one of the Stewards, if you know him. At least from what I hear.

And from living in Odenton for most my life, the best way to get there is either 100E to 97S to 3S to 450W, or if 100 is inconvenient for you, go 50E to 3N to 450W. DON'T drive through Bowie if you can avoid it, way to slow.

I made an account to just share this with you guys, you should feel special, lol. Wink
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:33 am

that's where I started playing magic.

I presume they'd combine that lot with an adjacent one? I don't remember it being all that big.

There is an Outback in the lot tho.
Back to top Go down
Fosner1703

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 am

From what I hear, Alliance Comics had alot of their space walled of that they didn't use. It is supposed to be 2700 sq feet. Which is twice my house, lol.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:51 am

thats pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:42 am

what a crap location.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:50 pm

i dont see myself going down there to much
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Ended up having dinner in the outback down there. The area looks a lot better than it used to, all new signs and storefronts.
Couple places to eat & drink, papa johns, couple supermarkets. If they have a good crew running it, it'll be nice.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am

the dark lord will be the manager so it will be %$@@
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:24 pm

meaning Scott?
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:11 pm

what other dark lord do you know?
and chances are if he runs it it will be run into the ground like the other 2 bunkers he failed at
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 pm

come on, they cannot have already made the call as to who is going to run it... Rumor has it they have not even interviewed any of the apps yet..
Back to top Go down
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:38 am

I talked to Duane last week and he said they hadn't even started the process.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I belive that about as much as i belive i'll be the next americans next top Idol
Back to top Go down
CylonDave

CylonDave

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 pm

You know who else resides in Bowie....BOB! Wink

I'm just saying Wink
Back to top Go down
http://arkosalphalegion.blogspot.com/
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks for the warning
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 am

lol did he have somthing to do with the placment. I mean he buys so much.
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 pm

He ebays more then anything=-)
Back to top Go down
Ghostin

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:47 am

That's only 5-10 mins from me; surprised it isn't down closer to the Bowie Town Center area though.
Back to top Go down
arcticfox

arcticfox

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 am

Houston, we have an address:

Hilltop Plaza
6820 Race Track Road,
Bowie, MD

That's right off 450 near where it meets Rt.3

Opening in May, according to the GW E-mail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ldsknights.org

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:02 am

Duane is the manager too, got the job this week.
Back to top Go down
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 am

Happy for Duane. He was the only reason I went to the White Marsh store, 3 minutes from my house.
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Don't think I have met Duane, think he is a good choice?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm

he si a great choice
Back to top Go down
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 pm

He worked at the bunker for a long time beforebecoming a manager of the White Marsh store. He's made that store real successful. I think he's the best choice from those in the area.
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:44 pm

awesome!
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:40 am

Yes Duane will be a welcoming site to the bunker he will be the best the bunker has seen in a while, except for when Tom was there and when I ran it years ago, but that was before most of your time lol
Back to top Go down
Ghostin

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:31 am

The store is open - they had Aaron Dembski-Brown there this Saturday during the fiesta at G&S. Got to talk with Tom for a while. The location is pretty cool - have to go down a long hallway to get there, so tiny store frontage - but a really nice gaming space. Double bonus is lots of food right nearby.
Back to top Go down
gjnoronh

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:44 am

That's good news.

I'm really hoping they have more of an internet presence than they used to - as it was a good venue for tournaments. I recall Duane from the White Marsh store and he is a good guy.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:37 am

Dembski-Bowden
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 am

it is a cool we have played a couple of games there the staff is nice. lots of room for painting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?   Games Workshop Bunker  ReOpening Sooner then we thought? Empty

Back to top Go down

Games Workshop Bunker ReOpening Sooner then we thought?
Page 1 of 1