Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkAre you happy with the inner circle and what do you want Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want

Go down 
+4
joko12
JoeNeet
Ludwig
scooter
8 posters

Are you happy
I'm so happy I think I'm going to die
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap27%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
I'm very satisfied
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap27%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
I'm felling good
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap9%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
I'm cool
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap9%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Meh
 9% [ 1 ]
Needs a little work
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap18%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
A little fun
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap0%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Where do I begin?
Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_lcap0%Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I wish you would go away
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want Empty
PostSubject: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:53 am

Just like the topic said I was wondering what you wanted from us to make your gaming and hobby experience more enjoyable. I was thinking a painting tournament. Speed painting contests and others. Also would you all like some 8 man tournaments winner take all style events there easy to set up and we can play test cool scenarios?

This isn't just about the hobby if there is something else you would like to see happen let me know we can work on it to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm

My needs:

-Drive up and see me every weekend, I get lonely.
-Flowers are nice, but beer really gets my attention. Bring beer.
-When playing me, I'd prefer if you use d4's, as it's annoying when you kill things, so skip 5's and 6's. If you get a 4, please re-roll.

Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm

The Inner Circle have their hearts in the right place about enjoying the hobby. The only thing that i would suggest working on is the event promotion and execution.

Be prepared and constantly promote everywhere and anywhere. Make sure all members are active in the community and are just all around good people.

And, dont complain about Scott like Scooter does....
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 am

lol Joe we all have strong personalities but your right consider the devil man dropped from my mind.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:09 pm

If people do have problems with the inner circle I think they should voice them though. I personally like to know what they are so that we can address them.

If you bad talk us and say things to other people and clubs but don't tell us what the problems are we will never be able to fix them.

So please people don't be shy tell us what your thinking.

I do feel that most of the problems stem from our tournament play. We play hard lists and we are good at playing them. Thus, people get mad. So lets hear something else other than that.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 pm

sadly Josh that is what most of the compliants are based on, tournament lists and play. I have dealt with it for years in the bunker. I havent lost a fantasy tournament in the bunker since i have been playing in the shop, and when i played hot and heavy, there were people who quit after they lost to me and made a big issue out of it. Or just left when i showed up and said that i ruined their hobby.

It will always be there, just need to take most of it with a grain of salt
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:10 am

Haven't lost a fantasy tournament in the bunker since you have been playing in the shop? 0.o

What did you throw that 'Ard Boyz game against me? Man here I was stocked that for once I actually beat you. j/k

Just coming from a personal experience and it's not something I can really place a finger on. It's a bit different playing against you Joe vs. playing against Scooter n crew. I always seemed to learn something new playing against you but most of the time I just get my face pounded in against Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Myrdral

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 pm

i agree. lets focus on execution and promotion as well as GW does it. i mean they can promote the hell out of something its just the execution that sucks. but you execute well. so i guess the more important side is handled...

one thing id like to see as an unofficial member of the "outer circle" is more off the wall kind of things. throw some curve balls out there. escalation tourney... de-escalation tourney... more civil war type events, maybe copy Tooze and do a "best of maryland" type event at multiple venues, doubles tourneys, triple crown events (all 3 game systems).

dont know how to cure this one but more social events etc to have more interaction with community to grow the gaming environment.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:52 pm

I like it I was thinking about doing a escalation tournament like the one Mike did a while back.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Good call Brad, you are right, that one i did loose, my mistake.

You do bring up a good point and I am gald that you have learned from games against me win or lose.

There is a difference between playing a list that is "OTT" and destroying your opponent without the thought of advice or small talk, and helping the other player realize mistakes or tactics.

I have always been of the opinion that if you dont teach anyone how to play then eventually you will play against the same old song and dance and you will never have a challenge. Not to mention that no one will want to play you.

Play what you want just try not to be a tool.

I know for me that when i first met Scooter i wanted to shoot myself, I though how can i play against this guy who shouts all the damn time. Its like playing Rick Flair. But i have grown to love scooter and am glad that i can always get a good game out of him.

But keep that in mind when you play a one-off game with a stranger that you dont know.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:09 pm

LOL that comparison with Rick Flair is dead on. bounce
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:06 am

I was thinking Hacksaw Jim Doogen but Rick Flair works too :p
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am

BATTLE!

Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want 9cyPFQbgCppj163mLf8pT7RBo1_250

Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:17 am

thanks guys it's good to know your loved...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want   Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with the inner circle and what do you want
Page 1 of 1