Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkVampires (after my first experience at 8th) Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Baneon

Baneon

Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) Empty
PostSubject: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 am

So after getting crushed on Tuesday I went back to the white board to do some more pondering. This is what was spat out of my twisted and labrynthine mind.

Vampire Lord {General}
--Nightshroud, Crown of the Damned
--Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Avatar of Death (GW)
Vampire Lord Lvl3 {Casting Support}
--Dark Acolyte [Lvl 4], Forbidden Lore (probably Light)

Vampire
--ABSB, Darkenhof Banner, Walking Death, Avatar of Death (hw&sh)
Vampire
--Helm of Commandment, Master of the Black Arts
Vampire
--Sword of Might, Flayed Hauberk, Aura of Dark Majesty (all enemy units within 6" -1LD)

40 x Zombie Horde w/ Standard and Musc
40 x Zombie Horde w/ Standard and Musc'
25 x Skeleton Spears w/ FC
10 x Skeletons w/ HW&SH
Corpse Cart
Corpse Cart

22 x Grave Guard w/ FC and Barrow Banner, Great Weapons

Black Coach
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am

Ok so new list for you 40 grave guard with the BSB that gives the regen like you want, all the guys have great weapons so they will be strength 6.

Then you take your casters make them all have master of the black arts so you are getting plus 6 dice on top of whatever else you roll, thats a ton of dice.

Take the lore of light that give them the ASF and you have one nasty unit!!!

I like the rest of your army lots of zombies on the flanks of this big unit would be sweet, but take the skel unit out so you can take that big grave guard unit

And def take away the -1 ld and give him more casting dice, you need lots of casting to do well with Vamps so take it!!! You can raise so many guys that way,

And dont forget how nasty ghouls are now too, big units of 40 of them are so good with all those poison attacks!!!
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:27 am

agree grave guard 30 big should be good enough 10 wide 2 ranks deep i10 ws10 light so silly.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 am

If I take the Skeletons out I have to spend the same ammount of points in another core choice (Skels, Ghouls or Zombies) I have to spend at least 688 pts in core and untill the FAQ comes out next week and changes it (if it does) carts and wolves don't count towards core requirements.

The -1LD was under a suggestion for trying to capitalize on the new Fear rules considering it's a LD or it doesn't count for SH! anymore. I really wish they'd find a happy median for this ability, it was too strong in 7th but now....

To get to the 30 Grave Guard I'd probably have to sack one of the Vamps or a Corpse Cart. Cart is probably the easier to adjust for. Yeah it's a ton of points in characters as is but they are also the only part of the army that can stand on it's own.

I don't want my general to be a caster anymore...ever. Something about having the fate of the entire army and game revolve around a die roll on the first turn. So aiming for a 30 plus Grave Guard unit (are hordes really all we are going to see?) and some other mods. That's going to get mighty old mighty fast).

Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:28 am

Hordes are going to be the big thing it seems, because its so hard not to take giant units of guys anymore with all the benefits you get from taking them.

got to wathc out for WOC, HE, and DE blocks of gaint guys they are going to be so strong
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 am

Okay a modification on the above list with suggestions:

Vampire Lord {General}
--Sword of Bloodbath *+3 Attacks*, Nightshroud
&&Found this in the common items list, Holy SH! can I have a WS7, St5, I7, A7 re-roll misses (and maybe failed wounds) and get extra attacks on wounds killing machine? yes please!!!
--Beguile, Infinite Hatred, Red Fury
Vampire Lord {Casting Support}
--Dark Acolyte [lvl3], Forbidden Lore, Summon Ghouls

Vampire
--Avatar of Death, Walking Death, ABSB w/ Drakenhof
Vampire
--Master of the Black, Helm
Vampire
--Master of the Black, Sword of Might, Flayed Haubrek

15 x Ghouls w/ Ghast
15 x Ghouls w/ Ghast
12 x Ghouls
Corpse Cart

28 x Grave Guard Horde w/ FC, Barrow Banner, Great Weapons

Black Coach

I was trying to fit some Wraiths in but just couldn't do it, characters are too expensive.
Setup would be Grave Guard in the center of the line flanked by the Zombie hordes, zombies would have the 2 ghoul packs to do flanking support. Small pack of Ghouls for the bunker of the Lord and Vampire support casters.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:51 pm

looks good I like it
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 pm

The other day I realized your Grave guard will still go last because they have great weapons. Even if they get uber initiave.

You would need to get Vans Dance and Speed of Light on the unit to make them unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Lincoln wrote:
The other day I realized your Grave guard will still go last because they have great weapons. Even if they get uber initiave.

You would need to get Vans Dance and Speed of Light on the unit to make them unstoppable.

Doesn't the Corpsecart ASF cover that?
Back to top Go down
http://martianempire.blogspot.com/
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:33 pm

that too
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:40 pm

I tried to build in a couple different ways to get ASF on my units, I'd love for the pdf to come out and include carts as part of the core requirements as that would allow me to field at least another one in this list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)   Vampires (after my first experience at 8th) Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampires (after my first experience at 8th)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Warhammer Fantasy Army Lists-
Jump to: