Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkBlood Angels Razorback list 2.0 Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GZealot

Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:38 pm

So with the new blood angels book a decent about of stuff changed with my previous design of Marine razorback army. Taking a suggestion made by my cousin I spawned this interesting design of a list.

HQ
Reclusiarch
Melta bombs
135pts

Troops
Assualt Squad x5
Sergeant(thunder Hammer)
Razorback(twin linked Heavy bolter)
150pts

Assault Squad x6
Meltagun, Sergeant(Power fist)
Razorback(Twin linked heavy bolter)
173pts

Assault Squad x6
Meltagun, Sergeant(Power fist)
Razorback(Twin linked heavy bolter)
173pts

Assault Squad x6
Flamer, Sergeant(Power weapon)
Razorback(Twin linked lascannon)
193pts

Assault Squad x6
Flamer, Sergeant(Power weapon)
Razorback(Twin linked lascannon)
193pts

Elites
Furioso
Extra armor
140pts

Furioso
Extra armor
140pts

Fast Attack
Baal Predator
Heavy Bolter sponsons
140pts

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolter sponsons
140pts

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad x5
Missile Launcher x4
Razorback(Twin linked Heavy bolter
185pts

Devastator Squad x5
Heavy bolter x4
Razorback(twin linked lascannon)
220pts

total comes to 1982
In 1850pt game I drop a furioso

Whatca guys think? I'm actually digging this format a lot requires me to re convert a bunch of models but that doesn't bother me too much.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Been toying with the new book myself for a more forgiving learn the rules 40k army cause my guard have been tearing me a new one recently. I'm a little to aggressive and straight line to my objective then that army should be played. Trying to avoid the traps in the list though has been problimatic. Your cousin has been trying to get me to play with vanilla marines but I really liked the Blood Angels models. I've gotten 1 Sang guard box (not really intending to play them much but I liked em) and 2 boxes of Death Company. DC is really expensive though so I might just go with 5 of em for 2000 and up it to 10 if I'm higher points value. I think the squad topped at 500 points with jetpacks and 2 TF, 2 PF and 2 Inferno guns. 1/4th my army just seemed to much. Think I'm going to try for a 2 Tac 2 Assault mix for scoring and then figure the rest out.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Dude your spending way too many points in different war gear items for the death company. You really don't need all that stuff to make them a good assault unit. The list wouldn't work probably in Vanilla marines because I can't use special weapons in the tactical units. I designed an alternative list that had 6 man tactical squads with combi weapon sergeant but I feel like this list design is stronger than that one. Even though i don't have boltguns I have plenty of supporting fire for all of the assault squads and I have some neat models I can convert now. As I said before I took my list design from the PDF blood angels book and reworked it for the new book.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:52 pm

I'll tone down the DC and see what I come up with. Maybe I'll bounce the list up here and see what you think. Thanks.

And your list looks sharp I'm going to shamelessly steal some ideas out of it. Look forward to seeing it on the table.
Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks, I'm always willing to help design Armies. =) I'm also really looking forward to start building it again but I won't be able to work on it for about another month.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:53 am

Well I sat down last night and did some work, this is definitely not the final version as I'm about 100 points over the 2k mark.

Reclusiarch w/ Jet Pack

10 Tactical marines w/ Flamer, Missile Launcher & Rhino
10 Tactical marines w/ Flamer, Missile Launcher & Rhino
6 Assault Marines w/ Razorback & Lacannons
6 Assault Marines w/ Razorback & Lacannons
10 Death Company w/ Jetpacks

Baal Predator w/ HBs
Baal Predator w/ HBs

Dev Sqd w/ 4 Missiles, Razorback with Lascannons
Dev Sqd w/ 4 Missiles, Razorback with Lascannons

Now what I started contemplating this morning is the jump packs on the Death Company. Between them and the Reclusiarch that's a whoppin 185pts (missing 65 for a LR), if I can come up with some more points I can mount them in a Land Raider instead and get the same effect. The points could come from a Tac Squad changing into an Assault Squad (netting 67pts so pays for the change from JPs to LR), however at that point it might be worth upgrading them with a Power Fist and a Thunderhammer. I'd have to drop to 10 total in the DC squad so 1 gets dropped for 20 pts so I'm 81 pts over and needing to make some points for some gubbins in the squad (don't want them getting hit by a walker and not being able to hurt it).
Back to top Go down
GZealot

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 am

I think your focusing on too much anti tank with all the lascannons when you already have a bunch of Missile Launchers. Here is what I did to rework that list you have added extra support fire and still kept some anti tank.

Reclusiarch
Jump pack

Tactical squad x10
Meltagun, Missile Launcher(Razorback Twin linked heavy bolter)

Tactical squad x10
Meltagun, Missile Launcher(Razorback Twin linked heavy bolter)

Assault Squad x6
Razorback(Twin linked Lascannon)

Assault Squad x6

Death Company x10
Jump packs

Baal predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Baal predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Devastator Squad x 5
Missile Launcher x4, Razorback(Twin linked Heavy bolter)

Devastator Squad x 5
Missile Launcher x4, Razorback(Twin linked Heavy bolter)

Total 1961 pts leaving 38 points to spend how you would like.
The only bad thing about this design is you really should split the tactical squads into combat squads which will give 2 more extra kill points to the enemy but allows you more flexiblity on troop placement. you have plenty of anti-tank Land raiders though some what common in friendly games are much less common in tournament play.. but with the new blood angels that might change. I seriously toyed with making a 3-4 landraider army with the blood angels that would be for 1850. I doubt I would ever make it though.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:32 am

Thanks Greg, looks good. They LR wasn't so much for more Anti tank but a delivery system for the Death Company. Almost the same points as the Jetpacks they have and has a physical model on the board that can affect the game other then moving the DC around.
Back to top Go down
larry

larry

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:44 pm

are you droping the jump packs on the assault squads for the razorbacks? and why?
GZealot wrote:

Assault Squad x6

Assault Squad x6
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 am

Yes and it gives you 35 pts off the transport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0   Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Razorback list 2.0
Page 1 of 1