Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkSuggestions to your Commish - Page 2 Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Suggestions to your Commish

Go down 
+4
Martin
Blowupologist
Jack
Chrispy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blowupologist

Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Just use the total team value located in the bottom left corner. For the spreadsheet fanatics among us, change 'team rating' to 'team value' and set the equation to "=(P25)". Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:02 am

A.) That's also inaccurate. it incorporates the team treasury, which it should not.

B.) I suspect that most players are not aware of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 am

Huh. I forgot that I modified that value as well. Just delete the reference to H21 inside that cell's equation and it works out.

Or, I dunno, I could do it and post the new sheet up on the site.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:18 am

I know it's not difficult to fix the spreadsheet, but I was rather hoping for an official commissioner's e-mail to the league to make sure everyone is on the same metaphorical page.
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:54 am

So to make it clear, my Team rating is is the total value of my team not including what is in my treasury? Also adding in any extra cost like new player skill.

If that is the case I think that drops me by like 200k (I have 110k in petty cash)
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:05 am

Your team rating is the total value of all the players participating in the game. So, do not include anyone who is missing the game due to injury, and do include the cost increases for new skills and abilities. Also include any money you've transferred from your treasury to petty cash, but I haven't seen anyone do that yet.

Thank you for illustrating my point that there's confusion on the team rating issue.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:20 am

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in replying to this thread. School just started for me, and I'm being slammed by work suddenly.

You are dead on about Team Value, Jack. I'll send out new rosters so that everyone can get on the same page for the Regular Season. If you'd like to fix your current roster, all you have to do is change cell D19 from TEAM RATING: to TEAM VALUE: . Also, delete cell H19 and copy this equation: =SUM(P3:P24) . This will give you accurate TEAM VALUE for your games.

I'm taking everyone's suggestions seriously as I run this league for you guys. There are some things that we don't have time to incorporate yet, and there are some things that I'd like to change for the next season. One thing I'd love to do is switch to using the system that a few other leagues are using. If you follow this link, you'll see another league's website in particular. The website itself handles all the rosters and reporting, so it's done automatically for the Coaches. Also, it calculates all the correct values, and rolls for your skills, so coaches can't cheat their players' Skill Rolls. The extra money from the Blocking Dice will go towards maintaining this website for our league.

Just to let you guys know, Peter is currently leading the league, with his Norsemen, the Huscarls. He tells me that this is his first league, and that he learned to play only recently. Not bad!
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:58 am

It'll be interesting to see how the Huscarls fare once more players get block.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

I'll do better next time, provided I use a proper strategy. And don't end my turns too early, or let him blitz on the kick-off.

The automatic rosters look good, though I'll miss the visceral pleasure of rolling money and skills myself.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:10 pm

So, how are your games? Talk to me. Enjoying the season so far? I'm planning up next year's games already. I'll post my plans up here soon.
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Well I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, although my winning streak probably has something to do with it. Probably my only serious complaint is that Monday meetings are impossible for me to reach
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Since Mondays are a no go for you, what days are you getting your games?
Back to top Go down
Blowupologist

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Fridays and Saturdays mostly. Saturdays being the preferred day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to your Commish   Suggestions to your Commish - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to your Commish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2