Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs Park1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S-Low

1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny   1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:26 am

Here are a couple ideas for a 1000 pointer that a buddy just invited me to on Saturday, lemme know what ya'll think. You bring 1000 points and get paired up with someone at random. The battles are therefore fought at 2000 points.

For making a powerful list, the thing almost writes itself. The only question is: do I include a plague furnace? That would be about half my points right there, but it gives me a whole lot. Having a big unbreakable block with basically no weakness is useful no matter who I get paired with. The only negative I can foresee is if I play someone who takes Skulltaker, which would be annoying. From what I understand, he would likely be mounted on a juggernot (sp), meaning he would charge me first, then challenge my Plague Priest and try to killing blow my Furnace, which would be exceedingly douchey. Even if I throw a champion in the unit, that only buys me a single turn for 10 points, he'll just come after me again next turn! I would plan on giving my Priest 2 scrolls, but I could cut one for the Rival Hide Talisman, which allows me to force one model in contact to reroll all successful "to hit" rolls. Instead of hitting an average of 3.5(repeating) times, or an average of 4, he would hit 2 and two thirds times, or an average of three times. Doesn't quite seem worth it for one specific scenario, ya know? So here is my power list and the theory behind it:

Plague Priest, Lvl 2, Flail, 2x Scrolls 339

30 Monks, Champion, Standard, Storm Banner 280

Abomination, Warpstone Spikes 250

769 Points

So now I got, what, 231 points and a couple of core slots to fill. I could either go for more rats or more power:

More Power:

21 Slaves, shields 52.5

21 Slaves, shields 52.5

8 Censer Bearers 126

231 Points

More Rats:

5x 21 Slaves 210, throw in a couple more monks?

The first list gives me the powerful PCB's but leaves me with a small army. Those extra slaves could be mighty useful in redirecting charges, going after artillery, claiming quarters, etc.

Regardless of what I do with those extra points, my final list has a lot to offer. I can counter all three phases of the game: I have a dispell dice and 2 scrolls at only 1000 points, the Storm Banner nerfs opposing shooting and flight/mobility, and the stubborn abomination and unbreakable monks can hold up anything in the game. On offense, if my team mate is VC or something else with max magic I can help the magic phase by adding two more dice to the pool. Combat wise I am likely to mop up most armies just with that abomination! I know I am bringing at least 80+ models to the board, so if my partner brings some low model count cheese I can help support him.
SO

A) What do you think of the plan?
B) Tons of slaves or the one unit of PCB's?
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny   1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 am

I prefer the 1st. If you were just playing 1000 points then more rats might be good. Remember you're playing against 2000 - PCB will do better in combat + toughness test + opponents fear them (more likely to make mistakes moving around them). Skaven can clutter the board and be a pain to partner with if they take a ton of blocks. remember you have shared deployment.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny   1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm

you need to take an engineer and give him the doom rocket that is one of the best things in the army and its only 65 points to maybe take an entire unit off of the board its worth the risk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny   1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny Empty

Back to top Go down

1000 Point Skaven lists for Saturday Tourny
Page 1 of 1