Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkBlood angels codex leaked online Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Blood angels codex leaked online

Go down 
+9
BrianF
Gramps
joko12
Dameon
TimW
Lincoln
Saint Omerville
Brent
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Blood angels codex leaked online Empty
PostSubject: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

available on scribd if you search for 'blood angels'. seems to be legit, probably a playtester just copied it out, but GW sent a message to their retail chain saying it had been leaked and they're not granting interviews to bloggers to discuss it, so that's not a confirmation, but not too bad. assuming it gets pulled from scribd fairly quickly I have a copy of it if you pm me.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 am

hillariuos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm

not so hilarious when this is in there:

STORM HARBINGER 140 Points

Type BS-F-S-R
Storm Harbinger Fast, Skimmer 4-13-11-10
Transport

The Storm Harbinger has a transport capacity of sixten models. Models in Terminator armour, models wearing jump packs and Assault Servitors count as two. It can transport a single Dreadnought. It can carry five Bikes. Attack bikes count as two Bikes.

Fire Points: None.

Access Points: A Storm Harbinger has one access point at the front.

SPECIAL RULES
Deep Strike

Jump Pack Insertion: Assault Squads don't wait for the Storm Harbinger to land in order to
disembark. Instead they use their jumps packs to disembark during low-altitude flight and ride on a stream of fire and smoke to crush the enemy in one fierce sweep from above.
Jump infantry disembarking from a Storm Harbinger can launch an assault on the turn they do so, even if the Storm Harbinger has performed a deep strike.

WARGEAR

Tantalus Assault Cannon System:
The Tantalus System consists of no less than four assault cannons. Instead of standard rounds it uses fragmentation rounds that force enemies in cover. Thus they are vulnerable to the assault of the Storm Harbinger's passengers. It counts as a single weapon with the following profile:
Range 18" Strength 6 AP 4 Type Heavy 8,
Rending, Pinning, Twin-linked
Back to top Go down
Saint Omerville

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Yeah, that is no joke.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:38 pm

got my copy too Wink

I love Scribd.
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm

I read over that coedx a bit. It looks like a rough draft rather than the final rules. Some of the rules are kind of confusing...also where the hell is Brother Corbulo?!?!?

That Harbinger thing is pretty insane. I don't really understand where that is coming from though, BA never had anything like that before.

I'm a little disappointed in the new overchanged engines rule, but I can see it being pretty useful in situations where you can move 18 inches to a spot that is out of sight.

Mephiston looks like a beast. I am gonna have to paint up my model finally.
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I finally get to run 8 dreads as a space marine!
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-legion.blogspot.com/
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 am

this is going to be sweet I might have to go back to playing blood angels again
Back to top Go down
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Why does GW have such a hard on for BA? Every time they make a codex for them it is retarded. If these changes stand, I'll have to change my Raven Guard into a BA successor chapter.
Back to top Go down
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 am

Why would you change an army you enjoy playing just so you can be uber? Sounds like you should work for GW. LOL
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:47 am

There are some really cool things in this Codex. I really like the Living Darkness psychic power. It adds a lot of tactical options for Blood Angels and especially helps to protect deepstriking units.

There are a lot of units that can deepstrike and assault which is going to harsh on IG and Tau and so on.

If this codex is real (which i doubt it is), the BAs are given lots of buffs but I really think the Red Thirst can really be exploited by your opponent. Having units subject to rage really sucks. Good thing they seem to have built in wargear that helps the BA player restrain his units. (Laurel of Thorns, Parragon of Restraint).

One thing I have to say is that the next codex better be a Xenos codex. I am getting bored with all these space marines running around.
Back to top Go down
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:59 pm

I haven't touched my Raven Guard in a long while. Been focusing on Deathwing. and there's a touch of jealousy at the BA dex. Of all the armies that could/should have Assault squads as a troop choice, it's Raven Guard. This would give me an excuse to use models i haven't touch in a long time.
Back to top Go down
joko12

joko12

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:03 am

rage vs nids sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 am

Lol, Ogryn Servitors with 36" S6 Assault 6 gun. Really, Ogryn. If it is really GW is just getting silly at this point. Just look at the amount of options the Baal predator now has. 4 turrets and 5 sponsons.

I hope the skimmer transport that has no basis in fluff is as stupidly sized/based as the Valkyrie.

Most of the stuff looks okay, and it brings it up to snuff with what GW wants their new releases to be. They want people to buy more crap and jump to the next "uber" army. We wont really know how they play or the holes that GW introduced until we really get it. This might actually make an assaulty SM army feasible. Hopefully they didn't go to far with it.

Dreads as heavy support is interesting.

My DA are crying a bit since my Tactical Squads are getting even more expensive comparably.
Back to top Go down
Baneon

Baneon

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

Damn I need to read this heh.
Back to top Go down
MVBrandt

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm

It's an interesting codex. Fortunately, with Storm Harbingers as dedicated transports for the inherently expensive MEQ, you're not going to see them spammed in the same way and efficacy that Vendettas can be. With an 18" effective range they're always going to be operating in the red zone of danger, where striking at a meltavet squad in a chimera is dangerous; aka, if it doesn't work, they move 12", get out and blow up your pricey transport.

It also can't tank shock its way onto objectives, nor can it ram.

You'll see a couple in the top tier tourney builds, but no spamming, which is a good fix. Oddly enough, if they'd made vendettas/valks a dedicated transport for vet squads or storm troopers, same thing would have happened ... more balanced, weirdly.

Fun dex to read through, lots of good builds, continued improvement re: getting marines right ... though they probably could have made a lot of things in the dex less points hefty, and should have given baals OCE standard instead of for 25 points.

/random troll post ... and /wave at IC guys ... just saw the thread while passing through and posting re: pancake tourney
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 am

Back to top Go down
MVBrandt

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 am

The /facepalming should reign supreme if the new rumors are the *actual* ones ... the leak would then be probably a playtest version, given the name/forceorg similarities and other things.

Curious to see the actual dex myself.

GW's rumor mill needs to get its act together, b/c it's becoming relatively "unfun" to anticipate new dexes these days ... I feel more annoyed than excited.
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 am

I had a feeling that leaked codex was BS. Can't wait for this codex.
Quote :
GW's rumor mill needs to get its act together, b/c it's becoming relatively "unfun" to anticipate new dexes these days ... I feel more annoyed than excited.
LOL! you're joking right?!
Back to top Go down
MVBrandt

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am

Haha, no! Smile

Back in the day (not all that long ago), the rumors that would leak out were 99% accurate, and it was a lot of fun to start BS'ing with the buddies about the new stuff coming out and how it would work, and watch the development of opinion as the actual dex finally released.

Now? The Nids were hilariously shut down, and the BA have a ... fake dex initial release?

Anyway, one thing I will say ... 6" FNP aura = bad bad bad. Or, perhaps, good good good Smile ... depending on your prefs Wink
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 am

I wouldn't fault GW for not leaking accurate information. I would fault them for leaking anything! I like the anticipation of not knowing until the codex is released.
Back to top Go down
MVBrandt

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:45 am

Nothing wrong w/ feelin' that way ... it's just not how I feel! Smile
Back to top Go down
Radish

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Gonna make me an army of 18" moving rhinos and capture all the objectives~~
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Heard the REAL blood angels codex is in some GW's atm... if anyone gets a serious peak pls post....

I hear I will be able to run 8+ dreads=-)
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 pm

u can have up to 12 dreadnoughts in a legal army list
Back to top Go down
TimW

TimW

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:41 am

Hey guys check out my Blood Angels army that's going to unleashed in April...http://tauofwar.blogspot.com/search/label/Blood%20Angels

I'm real excited for the codex but I gotta say I am not excited to play any list with 8 or more dreads in it. Wink
Back to top Go down
BrianF

BrianF

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 am

I don't mind the dreads unless they do something stupid like make them scoring.

It still if funny that some random person fooled so many people with the "leaked" codex.

Hmm, I guess I should be one of the cool kids. I should have just built generic marines and just get some $1 spray paint and change them each time a new codex comes out so I can be uber kewl. I could have 5-6 coats on them by now.
Back to top Go down
Dameon

Dameon

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:46 am

Tim think of the extra dreads as Daemon princes that are easier to kill=-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood angels codex leaked online   Blood angels codex leaked online Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood angels codex leaked online
Page 1 of 1