Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkThe New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim

The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack Empty
PostSubject: The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack   The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:34 am

In the new Space Wolves FAQ, they mention that Ragnar's furious charge kicks in even when the unit counter attacks, although his Insane Bravado does not work (presumably because the unit is not actually assaulting). I would like to poll the IC 40k gaming community on this one to see how they would like the rule to be played for non-Space Wolf lists. Should it be that all races receive whatever charge bonuses that would apply, or restrict it to just Space Wolves since the rule is made just in their FAQ?

My personal heavily biased opinion is that it should remain just Space Wolves. The point where it matters is with Straken and his 'everyone within 12" gets furious charge & counter attack' for the low low price of 95 points. Personally I feel that if it were meant for Imperial Guard to get the furious charge bonus (and righteous fury with priests!), it would have come up in their FAQ months ago since he had the rule well before the new Wolf codex.

With all of the powers that the Nid big bugs can give the little guys, this will also have quite the effect on gaunts (who will be able to counter attack with furious charge as well).

I also base this argument on the fact that a Counter Attack is not a defacto Assault. Although the effects are similar they are not identical (ie you may only assault during your own assault move). Consider it like how a ram is a type of tank shock and yet not a tank shock (aka why I cannot use deffrollas on vehicles).

I'm well aware that I'm probably in the minority here, but IG is quickly becoming the Daemons of 40k. Making them (somehow) the best close combat list in the game too doesn't help matters.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack   The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 am

Well....that was fast. It seems GW realized how ridiculous this was and so removed the rule.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack   The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am

well thats good i was going to vote that all the codex's got this rule just to mess things up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack   The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:11 pm

where did they remove it? did they update the FAQ?
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack   The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

FAQ has been changed. Now it says explicitly the opposite of what it once did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack   The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack Empty

Back to top Go down

The New & Vastly Improved Counter Attack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum :: Warhammer 40k :: Warhammer 40k Discussion-
Jump to: