Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkCampaign rules possibilities Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Campaign rules possibilities EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Campaign rules possibilities EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Campaign rules possibilities

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yar

Campaign rules possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:39 pm

I've played in a number of campaigns and have read online reviews of various warbands, and I was wondering about what folks thought about implementing some house rules.

First, for allowed warbands, perhaps we could implement "only official warbands" from http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/official.htm ? While a number of the unofficial and experimental warbands are balanced, others appear to be in need of some balancing.

Maybe instead of disallowing certain warbands, we could institute some sort of balancing rule, such as something that allowed a player (one facing a non-official warband) to declare the fight a draw? I don't really want to tell folks "you can't do that", but similarly I don't want to face unbalanced warbands across the battlefield.

A second possible house rule would be increasing the use of armor, by cutting all armor costs in half.

Thoughts?
-Yar
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 pm

My man whats happening Yar we are only alowwing the armys from mardhiemer in the campain. as for the armor cost being so high we can talk about it. sound interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Yar

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 pm

scooter wrote:
My man whats happening Yar we are only alowwing the armys from mardhiemer in the campain. as for the armor cost being so high we can talk about it. sound interesting to me.

Well, that site divides warbands into three types:

Official: http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/official.htm
Unofficial: http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/unofficial.htm
and
Experimental: http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/experimental.htm

I've had issues with some of the non-official warbands, and my initial proposal is "official warbands only".

My 'armor is half listed cost' is from an article on DakkaDakka - http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/212243.page - about 2/3 of the way down. And also from personal experience that armor is *way* too expensive to be worth it.
Back to top Go down
CylonDave

CylonDave

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 pm

I got the Ok to play with the Night Goblin list, if you have issues with this just simply don't play me....Trust me I won't be offended.
Back to top Go down
http://arkosalphalegion.blogspot.com/
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am

you don't want him to play you cause you will lose sissy e-man
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Thought I could weigh in here. I've been using the Lizardman rules for a while now. From what I understand they were done up for a Mordheim campaign supplement book. I don't know whether they're official or not. That being said they've been working out fine for our Westminster League. Besides, it's not like the "official" lists are perfectly balanced works of art anyway. Like the possessed or the undead rule that lets the rez your dead character as a zombie. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:27 am

we let people use offical and the unoffical lists the fine
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Anyone run against the elves yet? Sweet Lord, they're like the Mordheim Delta Force, which is awsome.
Back to top Go down
mongoose

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 pm

So far the only list I've seen that is unbalanced is the shadow warriors. I've been play testing all the list with help from some blessings of sigmar and that is the only one that I have seen yet.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:43 pm

The Shadow Warriors. Yeah that's them, good shooting with nasty spells, ugh. They seem to have a low model count though, it's a strong list but it just feels so right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign rules possibilities   Campaign rules possibilities Empty

Back to top Go down

Campaign rules possibilities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum :: Inner Circle General-
Jump to: