Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkHi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrewMain

Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) Empty
PostSubject: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 am

Hello! I'm a new guy; allow me to introduce myself. Or rather, let my overly-descriptive forum handle do it for me! I think I took Scooter's suggestion to make it my real name too literally.

I'm Andrew, and I play 40K. I am coming back to the hobby after a decade or more downtime. I've skipped from 3rd Edition to 5th, and with more spending money than my 13-year old self could ever dream of, I am quickly augmenting my old janky Dark Eldar into something that can be called an army!

As mentioned, I was referred by Scooter. I was drawn in by his honeyed words of a friendly environment, regular play, and casual tournaments. What I am looking for most right now is basic gaming practice. 5th Edition seems to have just enough new stuff to keep throwing me for a loop, so anyone willing to just kill a couple of hours playing a game with me would be welcome. The harder you crush me, the faster I learn, so it's a win-win all around!

Secondly, though household cleaner has absolved me and my minis of my past painting sins, I have put what I realize to be a very basic paint job on my models. Criticism and tips would be much appreciated; I don't know how far down the painting rabbit hole I will go, I am sure all the little touches and techniques I am still oblivious to can make a positive difference.

So, looking over the forums, it seems like more people post looking for game posts in this forum than the designated one. I'm looking for games on Friday, April 6 any time after 2PM and/or Saturday April 7 any time. I can drive to most stores in the area, preferably Games and Stuff I heard people play on Saturday at the Bunker in Bowie, but I would prefer to have a game and time lined up before I drive down. Give me a shout, or, hell, drop me a text (2404052233).

I'm hoping to join in on the fun, and contribute in whatever fashion I can. I hope to meet and play with you all soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:28 am

Good to see you here. The word on the street is that 6th edition is coming out in the next 120 days, so it's up to you how much you want to invest in learning the nuances and tricks of 5th.

Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
TylerP

TylerP

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 am

Hey I'll play you on the 7th there is a 1000 point fantasy tournament I'm in but it won't take that long how many point do you want to do?
Back to top Go down
AndrewMain

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Quote :
Good to see you here. The word on the street is that 6th edition is coming out in the next 120 days, so it's up to you how much you want to invest in learning the nuances and tricks of 5th.

Just a heads up.

*Flips table*

Thanks for the advance notice, though! Now I feel really smart for only ordering the small paperback version of the rulebook...

Quote :
Hey I'll play you on the 7th there is a 1000 point fantasy tournament I'm in but it won't take that long how many point do you want to do?

I would like to play a medium sized game- 1500 would be great. When and where is the Fantasy tourney being held? I can always come by and hang out.

Back to top Go down
TylerP

TylerP

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:52 am

its at games and stuff and starts at 12 so ill be there all day so just come by and we will play a game and yeah 1500 pionts sounds good
Back to top Go down
aroy

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 am

yea and feel free because im judging the tourny so during rounds i may be able to fit in a basic 40k game. im just new to 40k so we would have to keep it simple.lol. btw im josh
Back to top Go down
TylerP

TylerP

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 pm

or if you have fantasy you could play in the tourny too cuase it is only 1000pts
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am

Hope to see you today at G&S andrew good to see you give the tournament a go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)   Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, everybody! (Introduction and Request For Game/Help)
Page 1 of 1