Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkNew to the Baltimore area! Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
New to the Baltimore area! EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
New to the Baltimore area! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

New to the Baltimore area!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amedeus40k

Amedeus40k

New to the Baltimore area! Empty
PostSubject: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello all!

My name is Christopher Lofts. I'm originally from the St. Louis area, and moved to the Baltimore area about 6 months ago. I've been in the hobby for about 12 years. I play pretty much all of the GW games, although I primarily play 40K, and am a novice Fantasy player. I play Chaos: Black Legion, and am working on a Blood Drinkers army. I've been looking around for a good group of guys to game with regularly, and I was told that Inner Circle was the place to go for the Baltimore area. I currently live the Owings Mills area, and have been to the GW store off of Reisterstown road a few times, but most of the players there can only play 1000-1300pt games, and I don't think they are much interested in the painting aspect of the hobby. I usually like to play at least 2000 pts.

So when, and where do you guys meet regularly? I'd like to come out sometime for a meet, and greet if possible. Thanks in advance for any, and all info you can help me out with. Take it easy, and I hope to hear from you all soon!
Back to top Go down
TylerP

TylerP

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 pm

we usually meet every monday and tuesday at a place called games and stuff in glen burnie ill be down there this tuesday if your interested in a 40k game
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 am

And we can teach you fantasy aswell
Back to top Go down
Amedeus40k

Amedeus40k

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info! As soon as I'm off work on a Monday or Tuesday night, I'll stop by Games, and Stuff for a meet and greet. I have at least 3000pts worth of Vampire Counts, but 3/4 of it is still unpainted. I have a working knowledge of Fantasy, but I'm not very good at it. In fact, I get my rear handed to me more often than not. lol Just out of curiosity, how old are most of your members?
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 pm

I have personally been playing for about 10-11 years. Most of the group hsd been around for about 4-5 years at this point and most of us do tournaments so we know how to play competitive and we can play fun lists too.
Back to top Go down
Amedeus40k

Amedeus40k

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 am

Well, I'm anything but the Ultra-competitive type. So that may be the reason why I lose games all the time. lol I just like to have fun. I used to play in tournaments all of the time. So much so, I got burnt out on it. These days I usually do just one tournament a year. The rest of the time I just like to play for fun. I haven't picked up a model to paint or put together since I got here. Something of which I plan to remedy soon. I plan to travel back to the St. Louis area for a convention and a tournament that's happening there in June, and I want to have my Blood Drinkers to be done in time.

Anyway, I hope to get to meet you all soon. Unfortunately, I don't get too many Mondays, and Tuesdays off work, but we'll see. I'll definitely try.
Back to top Go down
Amedeus40k

Amedeus40k

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 am

Just listened to one of your podcasts. You guys had me rolling! Too funny! And Brent? Don't let them give you crap about your old models. The base model for my Demon Prince is the really old metal one that had horns and small wings. I converted/scultped the hell out of it though, so it doesn't look much like the original model, but it's still old. Wear your old models like battle scars, and have pride in your agedness! j/k LOL! I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm probably the old man compared to you fellas! I'm 43 yrs old for cripes sake! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Amedeus40k

Amedeus40k

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:45 am

Here is a pic of that Daemon Prince Brent!

New to the Baltimore area! Phoca_thumb_l_Loethadai%20100
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 am

that is amazing how old is that model I want it soooo bad
Back to top Go down
Amedeus40k

Amedeus40k

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks Scooter!

The model is the Daemon Prince model that was available before the newer big metal one with the big Chaos Space Marine backpack on the back that came out not long after third edition. The wings are from the old Keeper of Secrets model. The original wings were much smaller, and the head had horns. This model has been heavily converted, and a lot of sculpting with green stuff was done as well. I clipped the horns off, and sculpted the cowl/hood. The tassle skirt, wrist tassles, belt, and gems were all sculpted with green stuff. The pic below will give you a better look at all the sculpting that went into this model. I tried to give the model an animated look as if the winds of chaos were blowing, and I think it came out very well.

This model though old has a long standing personality, and character. I give you "Loethadai the Lurker!" heehee

New to the Baltimore area! Phoca_thumb_l_Loethadai%20102

My friends have been after me for a long time to update Loethadai with the new Daemon Prince model, but I've grown attached to this model even though it's so old. I'll eventually update him, I have the new model kit waiting. Just need to set aside the time to work on it. The modeling/sculpting took me about 8 hours to complete for this model, and I expect the new one will take at least that long, if not longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Baltimore area!   New to the Baltimore area! Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the Baltimore area!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum :: Inner Circle General :: Inner Circle General Discussion-
Jump to: