Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs ParkGames Workshop new paint line and alternatives Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives

Go down 
+2
JoeNeet
JohnOSpencer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives Empty
PostSubject: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Ok, so GW has finally lost all their senses. Their new paint line does not include the washes we have all(?) been using for our models. D

That's right, despite a gazillion paints, no washes.

Does anyone know of any good alternatives to their washes that work similarly?

-John
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah it is a bit weird they changed the line so drastically. However the new Nuln Oil or Agrax Earthshade could very well be Devlan mud with another name. And they do still have "washes" they are just called shades.

I would hold off switching until the new ones hit and are tried out. Believe me I will be a sad sad man if devlan mud is no longer around.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I will tell you whats even more ridiculous is that $536 price tag on the paint line, %$@@ is bananas....
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah, I saw the price and almost spit out my drink.

I noticed the shades after I posted, it takes so goddamn long for all the paints to load. Plus a bunch of nerd rage from me, as I'm trying to paint up some models (for once) and I hate it when they change %$@@.

Now I just need to know when they come out, so I don't start a model and run out of old colors in the middle. I don't mind the new colors being slightly different, as along as I don't end up using both on the same model.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Yeah I was getting irritated when the paints were loading, and I really hope this line is just a re-naming of old colors and adding of new. If they changed everything I will most likely go to Vellejo pretty much exclusively for now one as their colors mimic the old GW ones.
Back to top Go down
chinsquaz

chinsquaz

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 pm

you also get a large case which is $100. if you buy the set it comes to $3 a paint. HUGE discount in GW terms lol

btw they are jerks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/stevengant
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Screw the case if I want one I will buy it by itself. Any way you slice it $536 is a %$@@ ton of money and I can get an army for that cost
Back to top Go down
w3

w3

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:47 am

don't most people just use vallejo (sp?) as a really solid model paint for a cheaper cost?
Back to top Go down
JohnOSpencer

JohnOSpencer

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Not those of use who worked for GW for years and still have a bunch of the old stuff available.
Back to top Go down
chinsquaz

chinsquaz

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:33 pm

There's still the old paints and they're around. If u use a lot of a certain color just buy some pots up and roll with it.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 pm

The issue is no one knows if they are the same paints with a different name or new pigments all together. And in the case of buying the old ones, most stores dont have much left as they have been on a sell down for months.

I have been to 3-4 stores, some GW and some IR and none of them had Devlan Mud, Scorched Brown and some other colors that I use often. So that is not a solution to some.
Back to top Go down
aroy

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:30 pm

i have 3 devlan mud so far! woot! need more though
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Keep that %$@@ safe, I am liable to jump you in the parking lot for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chinsquaz

chinsquaz

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:37 pm

yeah i think im gonna but up some of my most used just incase
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 am

So GW put out a paint range conversion chart to try and help out. However they do say these colors are "similiar" and not identical so could produce different effects on your models.

If you go on the GW website, I found it under the Blog and in one of the articles.

It seems that Agrax Earthshade is the "new" Devlan Mud.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Joe let me know if you will jump Josh because I would love to film that and put it on YouTube! Haha someone getting mugged for a tiny pot of declan mud! But if what you say is true, that stuff is like gold now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives   Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives Empty

Back to top Go down

Games Workshop new paint line and alternatives
Page 1 of 1