Inner Circle Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at Blobs Parkwhat fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 Mainsi10Latest imagesHomeRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Challenge accepted!!
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am by aroy

» club night/ just hanging
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm by ginger

» Highlander 40k 1850 tournament at Flashback Comics
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm by MaddMike6

» Highlander 40k format
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm by MaddMike6

» going to outside the box this weekend
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am by scooter

» Warhammer Quest - Board Game
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm by scooter

» going to NOVA
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm by scooter

» 2014 BFS GT Oct 10-12 40KGT/X-WING/Malifaux Nyack NY
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm by pissclams

» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.

Go down 
+8
chinsquaz
JohnOSpencer
Lincoln
GZealot
Martin
JoeNeet
krazyAzn
aroy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:47 pm

John I will have to say I disagree. In 6th or 7th I forgot which, the Lothren Seaguard army was completely unfair and broken. I was killing most redirectors, warmachines, and small units before the game even begin, and if I was lucky enough to go first I got to shoot you again. So there are things that need to be balanced or restricted for the sake of fun.

Things like mindrazor, spell generation, random movent and most of the charge rules make the game very rock, paper, scissors for me. Again not every ones opinion, but even for friendly games it's a bit much. 8th is probably the worst set of WFB rules that has been put out.
Back to top Go down
w3

w3

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:52 am

I say 500 pts but use percentages. Also 2d3 powerdice might be better than 2d6.
Back to top Go down
JoeNeet

JoeNeet

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:01 am

Yes 2D3 power dice would be pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
aroy

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:29 am

I do not think they should change the power dice because of how high the spells cost to cast for certain lores just makes it rough. If gw or tournament organizers just change the 6 spells period then it fixes the brokeness to almost all the stupid stuff in warhammer. I agree some of the rules are dumb. But my biggest issues are the big spells. Its just hard to not play a magic oriented army anymore because you have to worry there going to wreck you by just out casting you using the 6 spells.lol mostly dwellers, mindrazor. final transmutation is dumb but isnt used much.
Back to top Go down
w3

w3

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm

I meant 2d3 powerdice for the 500 point tournament not "fixing" warhammer.
Back to top Go down
aroy

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Yea possibly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:00 am

Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

You also might want to consider having no need for heros or lords could make for a more interesting games. If you want to take one you can or you could make a champ your gen.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah I like scooters idea. If we do that we should look at the war bands rules for champions. They have some pretty cool stuff in there for champions. You can make them magic, combat, stupid but fun stuff. Or if you didn't want to do that maybe you could allow certain upgrade like to make them a magic caster or allow them to have points for magic items
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.   what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what fantasy point value would you like to see in a tourny.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2